This course shouldn't be
1 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: There are baskets and teepads... That's about as much good as I can say about it.
Cons: Holes playing neer a playground, picnic tables and a playing field that was full of people when I was there. The basket on hole 3 is the worst I've ever seen on a course, it was missing whole sections of the basket. I could probably throw through this whole course with my putter. The only hole that seems long enough to need more is hole 9 and it plays right up to the edge of a playground.
Other Thoughts: This course is horible. I wouldn't recomend anyone to play it ever.
1 of 2 people found this review helpful.
6 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: - Nine baskets, park is in decent shape.
Cons: Where to begin?
- Course is wedged very poorly into a very small park.
- Holes are not well designed. It seems like some guys made it in about five minutes. Hole 6(?) is arbitrarily made to turn almost 180* in the space of thirty-ish feet, which means that the basket is in spitting distance of the tee, and they just made some random tree a mando, which forces a turn that almost no disc can fly.
- SAFETY. Hole 1 plays over an apartment parking lot, hole 2 plays into a picnic area, hole 8(?) plays dangerously close to anothe parking area, and hole 9 plays through a playground.
- Distance is not needed here, basically, at all.
- Some of the teepads don't even point the right direction. 2's teepad points at least thirty degrees off of the line of play (and at 5's basket, no less).
- Not really kept up. A couple of the baskets are bent pretty badly, old, and torn up. One had its inner ring replaced with baling wire.
Other Thoughts: I'm probably gonna get a good number of thumbs down for this review, but the story of this course must be told.
It's poorly designed, poorly executed, and poorly kept up. I wasted the gas to drive out there from Sacramento, and the fact that it's above even one disc's rating is nothing short of a miracle.
Whoever designed and built this course should be ashamed. Oxford Circle Park DGC is an insult to its players, to its park that it resides in, to its town, and to disc golf itself.
I cannot stress this enough - don't even waste your time going to Oxford Circle DGC.
6 of 6 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.