The only basket course in Davis
3 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: - 9 baskets
- Well manicured park
- On the right day there are hot co-eds tanning in the field
- A couple of slightly interesting holes
- In the fall some of the trees turn beautiful colors
- Almost every hole is ace-able
- Picnic tables on site (though some are in danger of some of the holes)
- Playground on site for the kids (though I wouldn't let kids play there if I had kids)
- Hole 3's pin location is cool, it's on the edge of a rock wall with a drop off behind it.
- Easy to navigate
- Basic signs on most holes
- Good place to practice putting
Cons: - Some baskets are falling apart. Hole 3 for instance is missing bars from the basket and won't catch discs at times.
- 2 holes play way too close to a playground, defiantly a danger to kids.
- Most holes are way too short, hole 3 I backed up from the regular tee and still aced it with ease with my putter.
- A couple holes play way too close to parking lots, hole 1 plays right over one lot.
- People playing Ultimate Frisbee, Rugby, or other games in the main field of this park are defiantly in danger of being hit with discs
- Super small tee pads
- Cris-crossing holes
- A couple holes play close to the picnic tables making them another danger if anyone is using them
Other Thoughts: 9 holes crammed into a tiny little park. For a college town it sure feels like they should have a little more active of a disc golf community, but from reading through the reviews it seems that the baskets have been trashed for years with no work done to improve the course. Hole 3's basket in particular is the most trashed basket I've ever seen on a course. It's missing large parts of the basket and I've had an ace shot that should have stuck in it, but fell through the bottom where it's missing bars of the cage. Some holes are missing tee signs. I found that if there's no one else on the course that I can make some decent safari layouts, but there's usually some one else on the course or in the field, so it's not really possible most of the time. The disc golfers of Davis need to band together and fight to get either a new nicer course or to at least work on the course that they have.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful.
0 Helpful / 1 Not
good for putting practice
Pros: easy to navigate. good to take out your putter and work on your putting.
Cons: way too straight, way too short, the holes are un-inventive and boring.
Other Thoughts: All you need is a mid range and putter, if that. a good course if your close by and want to work on your approach and putts for a real course.
0 of 1 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 5 Not
Waste of baskets
Pros: It's there
Cons: Some of the chains on baskets are missing and there is a playground around some of the holes. Shots are way too short and not challenging.
Other Thoughts: They should probably put the baskets somewhere else. There's lots of open space in davis.
2 of 7 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.