Lexington, KY
Veterans Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: Atvizory2000 Hole #14 (Taken 2/2014)

Fun and Challenging

1    4/15/2012   4/17/2012
Review By: Reaper1134
Pros: - great combo of wooded and long holes
- many challenging holes
- many holes have multiple hole locations
- holes uphill, downhill and sidehill
Cons: - hard to navigate, Bring a Map!! got lost multiple times
- disc will get beat up, lot of trees to hit
- only cons i had for the course
Other Thoughts: Its a great course in Lexington. glad i went there and will be playing again soon!

Veterans Park

5+    4/18/2010   4/21/2010
Review By: Zach S
Pros: This is a beautiful, heavily wooded challenging course. It is a nature hike with only a few open holes to catch some sun. The course winds around a 2 mile walking course and a few baseball feilds. Bathrooms, bilke trails, and walking trails are also availble. This Course really is my home town favorite.
Cons: The course is so big that it is wise to go with someone familiar with it the first time. It's hard to find enough people to weedeat so sometimes certain holes can get overgrown. Some trails are poorly marked which doesn't bother me a bit because of the nature hike value.
Other Thoughts: This course made me a better player in my oppinion. The tree giveth and the tree takes it away. I have lost a few disc here but I play on sundays at dawn when its deserted. It is one of the most peaceful places in Lexington. Kudos on Course design.

I'll be coming back...

6/21/2008   8/4/2008
Review By: dvice33
Pros: I love this course. It was so much fun, even though I was somewhat intimidated as i stared down a corridor of trees on hole one. This course is beautiful, and I love playing through the woods.
Cons: A couple of the holes outside of the woods were a little unsatisfying after coming out of the woods. Definitely try to get a course map for this one. We didn't have one, and we got lost a couple times.
Other Thoughts: This course, I believe, will always be one of my favorites. Even if you aren't a great player you can still enjoy a hike through the woods while tossing your disc.