Lynchburg, VA
View from the Tee- Hole 8

Fun Little Putter, Mid Course

1    6/18/2012   7/6/2012
Review By: DSCJNKY
Pros:
- Short, but FUN. With holes ranging from 100-250', Peaks View is a shorter course that would be an ideal place for beginners to learn the game and for advanced players to work on their putter/mid drives and "upshot" game. Even though some of the holes were extremely short, the shots were pretty fun and required you to hit a gap, or curve the disc around trees, or used the elevation (or threat of elevation) well.
- Cubby Aces All Day. Some of the holes on this course are extremely short putter shots. I had an ace (the non-Cubby variety) bounce out of the bottom of the basket during my single round at Peaks View. If this were my home course, I would easily have 10,000 aces by now.
- The Front 6. The first 6 holes at Peaks View were pretty decent holes… short, but decent. Open city park grassy fairways type shots that utilized the trees, vegetation and elevation wisely. They were also some of the longer and more demanding holes on the course.
Cons:
- Some of the Holes are Ridiculously Short. Once the course made it into the woods, it shortened up considerably. I don't remember having to throw anything longer than a putter from about Hole 7-17.
- Where's the Course? I pulled into 3 different parking lots, each of which had their own neighborhood maze of roads to follow to get into the park, before I was able to locate the course's parking lot. This is probably my fault for having not written down the directions and for following my GPS, but I eventually got there.
- Overall. I had a blast at Peaks View… after all, who can't have fun shooting a 12 under, with 5 of the 6 missed holes hitting metal for birdie. The only hole I didn't hit metal in 2 on was Hole 17. The course was perfect for beginners due to the length, but suitable for advanced players to practice their putter drives / upshot game. I like aces, and I especially like aces in other states than my home state, so I would definitely play / practice here again if in the region for work… I would however, probably not make a special trip to Peaks View from I-81 if traveling by on a road trip.
- Saigon Palace. I like to eat somewhat adventurous foods and decided to eat at Saigon Palace, a Vietnamese restaurant in Lynchburg. The reviews on Yelp claimed that it was better than the Vietnamese restaurant in Roanoke, which I enjoyed. IT WAS NOT. I would not go back there. (just in case you were thinking about doing so)

Quick Round

1    7/24/2010   8/2/2010
Review By: jkdisc
Pros: This is a nice beginner course.
-easy navigation without a map
-concrete tees
-mix of open/wooded
-some elevation changes
-informative tee signs
-clean/well kept course and facilities
Cons: It's hard to find many cons that are a major issues but most holes are very short with limited challenges for advanced players.
Becareful teeing off many pads have a drop-off at the end of the tee. (you don't need a long run up anyhow.)
-some baskets in rough shape (bent, leaning)
Other Thoughts: Overall it's a fun short course and it's worth playing if you're nearby. Water hazards aren't a huge worry unless you have a really bad throw. My favorite hole was #17 because it's longer with more obstacles. Park near the bathrooms where you will see the sign pointing you towards the 1st tee down the path.

Beginner (mostly) course

5+    4/10/1998   9/12/2008
Review By: dwellman
This review was updated on 7/24/2011
Pros: For me? Short. Can fit in 18 during lunch "hour", and can be done with one or two discs (Good putt/approach and a stable mid) so no need to hump the whole bag
Cons: None really.
Other Thoughts: My previous home course (since before the baskets went in). Plays very short and very quick. Was designed, intended to be beginner friendly but still provides a *bit* of challenge to experienced players wanting to work on their short game.

Man this review went in before the pros and cons section. . . well, and I just got back to Lynchburg to play it a few times. It has definitely aged well.