Lynchburg, VA

< Prev 1 2 3
Local Course

5+    9/12/2013   9/14/2013
Review By: JMcCon
Pros: Good beginner course and also fun for practice/lesure play for more advanced players.
Nice park with use of differnt types of shots and holes.
Over all fun and good.
Mostly easy to navigate, hole 7 starts in the woods.
Cons: Dont really need a long distance driver for this course.
Like a few reviews before the back 9 is alot of short holes through the woods.
Few of the course par 4s should be 3s, but not a big deal.
Other Thoughts: Good and fun course and you should play it if you never have and are in town.

Almost not worth it

1    5/5/2013   5/23/2013
Review By: crazyeyes1052
Pros: -Set in a nice park.
-Clean and well kept course.
-Other disc golfers were helpful
Cons: -My biggest gripe is that that the back half of this course is comprised of 120'-160' straight shots. Very unimaginative. The front 9 wasn't exactly exciting either.
-Signage was not helpful, I had to ask on occasion as to where I was going next and would have likely never found the first hole, otherwise.
Other Thoughts: I was in town on business and wanted to try out the local courses. I was excited when I got here as it did not appear to be a terrible course, but I was quickly underwhelmed. This course felt like it was unnecessarily crammed into a small space and squeezed out 18 holes for the sake of having 18 holes. I think if they were to re-design the course, it could be a really nice 12-15 hole course and make each hole a little more challenging.

Great Short Game Course

1    8/18/2012   8/18/2012
Review By: jordanferg92
Pros: 0. Great maps with distance and par
1. Short
2. Concrete Tees
3. Navigation is simple
4. Elevation changes
5. Mixture of open and wooded holes
6. Bathrooms, trashcans, playground, tennis courts, shade, baseball field, and a water fountain
Cons: 1. Some holes are too short
2. Pars are too high (Should be all 3's)
3. Walking path near the first 5 holes
Other Thoughts: Overall I really enjoyed this course. This was a great, short, very fun, enjoyable course to test and tone your short game. While being a very easy course, the elevation in the wooded holes still leaves you enough of a challenge to feel accomplished. Leave the driver in the car because you won't be needing it. With the average length of a hole at probably 175 feet this is the course to get your first ace on. This course will challenge your accuracy so be careful. Baskets aren't the best, but hey they do the job. A couple of the wooded holes were unique. Can't wait to play this course again. BTW course starts just past the tennis courts.

Fun Little Putter, Mid Course

1    6/18/2012   7/6/2012
Review By: DSCJNKY
Pros:
- Short, but FUN. With holes ranging from 100-250', Peaks View is a shorter course that would be an ideal place for beginners to learn the game and for advanced players to work on their putter/mid drives and "upshot" game. Even though some of the holes were extremely short, the shots were pretty fun and required you to hit a gap, or curve the disc around trees, or used the elevation (or threat of elevation) well.
- Cubby Aces All Day. Some of the holes on this course are extremely short putter shots. I had an ace (the non-Cubby variety) bounce out of the bottom of the basket during my single round at Peaks View. If this were my home course, I would easily have 10,000 aces by now.
- The Front 6. The first 6 holes at Peaks View were pretty decent holes… short, but decent. Open city park grassy fairways type shots that utilized the trees, vegetation and elevation wisely. They were also some of the longer and more demanding holes on the course.
Cons:
- Some of the Holes are Ridiculously Short. Once the course made it into the woods, it shortened up considerably. I don't remember having to throw anything longer than a putter from about Hole 7-17.
- Where's the Course? I pulled into 3 different parking lots, each of which had their own neighborhood maze of roads to follow to get into the park, before I was able to locate the course's parking lot. This is probably my fault for having not written down the directions and for following my GPS, but I eventually got there.
- Overall. I had a blast at Peaks View… after all, who can't have fun shooting a 12 under, with 5 of the 6 missed holes hitting metal for birdie. The only hole I didn't hit metal in 2 on was Hole 17. The course was perfect for beginners due to the length, but suitable for advanced players to practice their putter drives / upshot game. I like aces, and I especially like aces in other states than my home state, so I would definitely play / practice here again if in the region for work… I would however, probably not make a special trip to Peaks View from I-81 if traveling by on a road trip.
- Saigon Palace. I like to eat somewhat adventurous foods and decided to eat at Saigon Palace, a Vietnamese restaurant in Lynchburg. The reviews on Yelp claimed that it was better than the Vietnamese restaurant in Roanoke, which I enjoyed. IT WAS NOT. I would not go back there. (just in case you were thinking about doing so)

fun course

2-4    4/21/2012   7/3/2012
Review By: MarlinRoth
Pros: Good for beginners, or midrange, short drives practice

In a well-maintained park.

Bathrooms are available
Cons: No long tee shots

relatively crowded
Other Thoughts: I learned on this course with a friend while i was at college so I know its a great course to learn the game

Oldie but a Goodie

5+    2/15/2012   2/16/2012
Review By: pdiddy71
Pros: Concrete teepads, easy to follow, low lost disc chances, good for quick evening rounds
Cons: needs better erosion and ground maintenance on some bases of baskets. overcrowding during nice days and summer, parking lot parallels hole 18 - problem for beginners, softball game players and watchers are possible obstacles on hole 6.
Other Thoughts: For those that don't know, this course was built in 1998. This was before most of the high speed drivers that are out now. Very fun course for introducing people to the game and improving mid-range, & putt and approach skills. This course is friendly for all levels of ability and ages. My Dad has played here several times, and he is 68. Hopefully the City will able to build another course to help alleviate the overcrowding at times.

Great First Course

5+    1/2/2012   1/2/2012
Review By: frabs
Pros: Concrete tees
Good signs
Good variety of shots
Great Flow
Wooded holes value control and accuracy over distance
Cons: Tees are kind of small
Erosion
No really long holes to bomb a drive
Little Leauge baseball spectators sit on the fairways of holes 5 and 6 on weekends during the season
Other Thoughts: This is my home course and where I learned the game. The tight wooded fairways taught me the value of learning to throw a putter on tee shots, which I feel has made my game much better. I can play this course in 40 minutes to an hour, so it is great for getting in a quick round. I would say that it is a perfect course for learning the game on, but it will begin to feel easy after a while.

Good course

2-4    6/19/2011   6/19/2011
Review By: turbosteve
This review was updated on 7/7/2011
Pros: Tee pads are concrete. Good mix of open and wooded holes. Great use of elevation especially at #8 and #16.
Cons: Can be crowded on weekends. The baskets are not in the best shape. The course also has a problem with gnats.
Other Thoughts: Bathrooms are on sight at the parking lot. The park also is used for other things like baseball near the course so watch out for people watching baseball games.

Great Starter

5+    3/17/2011   3/30/2011
Review By: dgsouthpaw
Pros: This course is one of the most beautiful in the area. Holes 1, 2, 6, and 18 have a great view, especially at sunset/sunrise.
There are very few holes where you can just put everything behind it unless you're playing with a midrange disc (which a lot of people choose to do) It was my first course and I have played it many many times, even though I have been trying to expand my horizons I keep coming back because it's a great way to unwind. The thing that stands out most to me about this course can be summed up in one word, peaceful. It's very serene, and while the woods are somewhat open, they still provide a bit of solace.
Possibly one of the best courses to work on improving putting as the trees provide slight interference and there is enough elevation change to make the short throws interesting. On several holes the trees are thick but never too thick. Very fun course
Cons: After it rains the course get very muddy, especially hole 4 which can remain muddy for days. Not much to not like about this course, although the second time I played it ate my disc I can hardly blame the course for that.
Other Thoughts: With the exception of hole 4, the course is very well kept and very pretty, it provides a good bit of a challenge, especially to beginners. I can guarantee any first time player will want more after playing this course.

Peaks View

5+    1/24/2011   1/26/2011
Review By: Jeremy Reynolds
This review was updated on 1/29/2011
Pros: Peaks view is a great way to learn the game. It was the first course i ever played and since then I have scored my first ace on hole three. The holes are not super long and you do not need to have a beast arm to play the course. Holes 1-6 are mostly open with a few trees which add some cool obstacles. The course is pretty technical at times because holes 7-16 are in the woods and you need to be accurate to keep a good score. Being accurate is how this course will help you become a better player.
Cons: The upkeep around the park is good, but it could be a little better. More grass would be a plus especially on holes 3-6 because of all the mud that gets everywhere if you play when its wet. The park is really nice though so its not really a big deal.
Other Thoughts: Peaks view is alot of fun to go out and play a few quick games at because the course can be played through quickly if you hustle.

< Prev 1 2 3