Kingsport, TN
Warriors Path State Park Share
Uploaded By: TNT-Pops Hole #18 (Taken 10/2013)
3 / 392ft.   3 / 392ft.   3 / 392ft.   3 / 392ft. Par / Distance:

< Prev 1 2 3 4
Good and Varied

5+    3/13/2014   3/14/2014
Review By: lammersk
Pros: This course has a little bit of something for everyone. Long straight shots over grass for pins 1, 18, and 27 with a lot woods and hills in between. Pins 23 through 26 are some of the funnest on the course and it is a shame that they are in the less played back nine.

The course has a number of deceptive fairways that look easier than they actually are (5) and some look harder than they really are (15). All in all, you will have to use skill more than power or you will be one of the people I hear thunking into trees (and, yes, I hit them too, but I'm usually cursing too loud to hear my own thunks).
Cons: You don't know where the baskets are. Most have two possible positions and there's no way of knowing which unless you walk out to look.

Crowded. When the weather is good you will be waiting for the guys in front of you to clear and feel pushed because there is a group right behind you. Last weekend, the park was so full I couldn't find a place to park (I left and went to Winged Deer instead). I recommend trying to play in mornings or off times.

Basket 9 is the worst on the course. After a little bit of fairway, it's just buried in a bunch of trees. Some people try skip shots, some just throw and pray. My personal best ricocheted off three trees before coming to rest behind a fourth.

Does anyone par 21? I personally detest this hole, but I think better players than I may find it an appropriate challenge. Still, it should at least be a par 4.

27 is a terrible way to end a course. And it's a shame because 26 is so good. On 27 first you walk down a steep hill to get to the tee. Then you throw back up the same steep hill. Then you trudge up it to see where your disc has gone once you've thrown over its crest. It's not really technically challenging; it's just a pain and saps some fun out of your day right at the very end.

This course badly needs signs telling people where to go to get to the next tee. This is especially bad going from 22 to 23, 23 to 24, and one of the baskets in the first eighteen (can never remember which) that has three paths leading away from it.
Other Thoughts: Over the winter this was the course I played the most. I prefer Winged Deer, but this one is closer to home and I really like quite a few of the holes. I only really have issues with three of the pins and really like most of the rest.

I like the fact that there are 27 pins. Personally, I find this to be just about the perfect length.

It's worth making the trip to play here and worth returning.

best course so far

2-4    5/4/2013   6/4/2013
Review By: kungfubear
This review was updated on 6/23/2013
Pros: very challenging for newer players retygjuklhgferyjkuihlkj;<:kjgh
Cons: the garbage cans on the course were over flowing and the back nine could use more upkeep.
Other Thoughts: By far this is the most fun course I've ever played.

Quantity over Quality

1    4/12/2013   4/12/2013
Review By: sloppydisc
Pros: 27 holes with concrete pads in a very nice, large park setting. The disc golf course is well separated from other activities. There is ball golf, camping, boating, fishing and play grounds all on site. Nice place for a weekend trip if you can get here.

Fairways were well cleared and grass was cut. Park seems to be maintained well.

Course plays mostly through the woods, but does offer a few holes throughout that play through mostly open terrain. Elevation is used, but not so much you need to fear any big hikes.

Most of the wooded holes are short, technical holes that force you to hit a line in the 180-300' range. Seems like a good course to work on some putter and mid range shots.

Cons: Some areas have baskets close to tee pads and vice versa. It could get a little dicey on busy days. If there are other people playing keep your head up, and eyes open. 9's tee pad is pretty much in the putting circle for 8. Kinda tight in spots.

Navigation is a little tricky in spots due to multiple foot paths weaving through the woods, and no signage to help.

Tee pad signs were very rudimentary when they were there. Some were missing.

Repetitive in that you have about 1/3 of the course ending a straight or RHBH turnover/ RHFH shot.

Not many memorable shots or great holes. Just a lot of basic disc golf. And most of it is pretty short deuce or die type golf. By my count there was about 20 holes under 300'.

Hole 13 forces a shot right over hole 4's tee pad. That must be a blast on a tournament day!
Other Thoughts: Overall this course is worth a stop if you are in the area. There are 27 holes with concrete pads of very playable disc golf. Just don't expect anything outstanding or road trip worthy.

Luckily, there were a couple interesting holes in the last section that made the monotony of throwing turnovers in the woods worth it.

Hole 21 is a fun downhill shot that forces you to hit a gap and then go back up hill. Hole length is 498' and it is pretty cool.

Hole 26 plays through a very narrow, rocky ravine and leaves you little room for error. Great looking fairway, and a nice challenge.

Much if this course seems old and looks as if it has undergone a few design changes over the years. I did notice an extra tee pad or two not being used. There is lots of cool land, hills and trees, and it made me think that maybe if this course was being built new today, we'd have a very challenging 18 hole course instead of a 27 hole course with too many short repetitive shots. Oh well, I still had fun, and it was only a few minutes off of the highway. I'd play it again, and if I was a camper this is definitely a park I'd consider a weekend trip to someday.

1    2/11/2013   2/13/2013
Review By: Skyjuice
Pros: Great looking course. Nice tees (mostly). Great elevation changes too. If you are a lefty, you'll not feel left out on this course, no pun intended.
Cons: After hole 9, signs and direction are a lil' off. I spent about 20min I didn't need to trying to figure out where to go...walking back a path I went down to try to find the next hole. This course, well some of the holes anyway will be washed away in years to come. Already there are some crazy canyons from water.
Other Thoughts: If you can play this one, it's worth it fo' sho!

Nice Course

1    11/24/2012   11/24/2012
Review By: Filip Jalovy
Pros: Very nice course
Challenging for everyone
Right and left handed holes
Some super nice tees,love it!
Cons: Have to give 4 because missing navigation on for next holes. Sometimes super confusing where is next hole.

1    9/2/2012   9/2/2012
Review By: medic5888
Pros: One of the best maintained courses I've ever played.
Lots of elevation and great use of the land.
27 holes of open and wooded fairways.
Both holes for right and left hand players
Great for players of all levels
Trashcans and benches at each hole
Tee signs on every hole
Multiple pin locations
Cons: Some of the chains are rusted and need to be replaced.
Some tee pads are shorter than normal.
No next tee signs except for hole 2 (i head the navigation was a little tricky before those signs were installed)
Other Thoughts: I really enjoyed this course beautiful scenery, excellent layout of the land. Defiantly had some unique holes my fav being i believe 26 I loved the placement of the basket between huge rocks down a narrow fairway. One of the best courses I've ever played would have loved to give this course a 5 but the rusted chains had me take off points.

Very Fun

1    6/7/2012   7/18/2012
Review By: Disc Golf Dave
Pros: This is an excellent course and very fun to play. I don't get to this area of Tennessee very often, but when I do I will plan to play this course. I love the park nature of most of the holes, and the woodsy nature of other. It has the mix of open to somewhat tight, with an emphasis on the open and let er rip style that I like. It is a true gem in eastern Tennessee. The vertical is definitely part of the play, but not too much so. It is very well maintained (at least when I was there).
Cons: I had some difficulty finding my way.

favorite course

5+    3/31/2012   3/31/2012
Review By: jgrubb22
Pros: this course has a lil bit of everything. it has nice open holes then your right in the woods throwing thru trees. nice basket and tees are good as well..
Cons: dont really have any besides they dont move the pins around that much anymore it seems..
Other Thoughts: jus an all around good course and i prob play here at least 5 times a week..

1    11/19/2011   11/19/2011
Review By: roadtrip
Pros: Beautiful course, very close to the highway.
Great variety - all shots come in to play (except for 600 footers, which I'm fine with). Open holes with great little obstacles. Everyone loves #26. The only two locals I saw on the course (played early on a weekday morning) were very friendly and helpful. Course is well kept. Benches (and rocks and logs to sit on). Lots of privacy. Lots of other park amenities to keep a family occupied. An old park that's aged very well.
Cons: Can be tough finding your way.The currently-posted course map helps some. #1 tee is right past the Warrior's Path sign on the right as you first enter the park. After #1, walk down to the playground (which is awesome), across the bridge, and to the right of the treehouse they're building. Two is down that way. From there it gets easier.
Short. I actually liked that, but for the guys who want to throw 500' a bunch of times - this isn't for you.
Other Thoughts: Took a few minutes to find several tees and then several baskets. However, I played solo and found everything on my own. Once you get past #2 and then #5/6, it's easy. Bring a camera.
I gave it a 4 because it was a great course. I held back because of the navigation (which only affects drop-ins) and because it can be repetitive/short at times. However, all of the holes fit really well. I don't know if they could have done a longer 18 hole course with the layout of this land. This is a great 27-hole course. It doesn't wear out your arm, but it may wear you out if you're not in shape. Wear hiking shoes.

Don't let talk of repetitive holes discourage you. The last 9 are unique and spectacular

Great Balance

1    7/19/2011   7/19/2011
Review By: chucker10
Pros: Scenic, nice large concrete tee pads, signage on every hole. 27 holes.

Great balanced course. To score well here you have to be accurate and have good placement. Distance does not play in but for a couple of holes and even then it's not much. Good mix between left and right dog legs and elevation changes on the majority of the holes. Very nice layout and extremely fun to play. If you are a beginner to intermediate skill level player you will love this course. The course is very forgiving on most holes where you can have a bad tee shot but a good second shot can bail you out and still par the hole. If you're a highly skilled player you may find this course too easy.
Cons: Can be a bit confusing going from hole to hole in some parts of the course (i.e. from hole 1 to 2). Could use a map. Heavily wooded and easy to lose a disc if you have one that gets away from you slightly. I imagine in the fall this wouldn't be a problem though.
The difficulty of the holes is a little deceiving. You walk up to the tee for the majority of these holes and you're thinking birdie all the way but if your shot is a little off and you don't get any tree love you quickly realize that your aspirations for birdie turned into " I will be happy with a bogey."
Other Thoughts: All in all a great course for beginner and intermediate skill level players and a good course to enhance your short game. Scenic park and great layout. I highly recommend to anyone that is up in the Kingsport area.

< Prev 1 2 3 4