Las Vegas, NV
Peccole Ranch Share
Uploaded By: Discette Hole #5 (Taken 6/2013)
Hole #5 Approach

Play a botanical garden

1    5/14/2015   5/14/2015
Review By: RFrance
Pros: This is a beautiful little course. It is quite challenging. I think part of that is because I limited the number of discs I carried to just two, Buzz and Gator, because I was on business travel and didn't want to travel with more. I was able to par most (Am's 3-5, Pro all 3) which was good for my limited skill level of 1.6 years. Another positive was that this time of year the foliage was all in bloom. It was almost like playing in a botanical garden. I only ran into a few locals playing and they were very friendly and helped me find the holes and, since I was by myself, let me play ahead when I came up on them.
Cons: The signage is incomplete. It looks like someone started the project but never finished showing a little layout drawing but no basket. After the first round, navigation is a piece of cake. Tees for holes 3 - 8 are usually along the left most side heading out and 9 -12 the same coming back. The other con is the potential loss of discs. I played very conservatively knowing this going in but still almost lost one because of a gust of wind.
Other Thoughts: I found JMONEY's review on 9/7/2010 best for the advice on parking at the Peccole Ranch Home Owners Office and the course layout he described (hole 13 actually starts on the other side of the tunnel). Great course if you are here for a business trip or pleasure. Really easy to find (Google) and I was able to play in about an hour. As mentioned in the other reviews, hole 3 isn't in front of you after hole 2 but a sharp left corner dogleg. I was here in mid-May and the winds were pretty brisk at over 20 mph with gusts. At course level, this wasn't too much of a problem because the course is "below the wind" since the walls and houses block a lot of it. However, this is deceiving because the course actually forms a wind tunnel. If you get your throw too high it will find the wind and will either be knocked down or fly into someone's backyard (goodbye disc). If I'm ever back in the Las Vegas I would definitely try to come back.

Fun course

1    4/15/2010   4/19/2010
Review By: Blake1844
Pros: Very fun! Beautiful, well maintained, challenging, lots of trees, narrow fairways and lots of OB.
Cons: The course double back on it's self in the narrow space they have. Be careful if others are playing the course. Long walks to some holes and if you don't know where you are going you can't find holes 15-18. (When you finish the 14th take the side walk to the right and take a long walk. You'll see another park area on your right.)
Other Thoughts: You can go to the housing association office and get a map. I really liked this course.

5+    12/18/2009   1/14/2010
Review By: fannypack
Pros: I really like the variety of play this course offers. It forces you to be percise and selective with your disc selection and shot choice. (i.e. backhands, forehands, rollers, turnover etc) It is also beautifully kept and maintained. It is probably the most wooded course in Las Vegas as well.
Cons: Not an good course for beginners or inexperienced players due to the trees and narrow width of the playing field. Some holes can get a little redundant due to the over abundance of foliage.