Las Vegas, NV
Peccole Ranch Share
Uploaded By: jlogflagstaff Hole #12 (Taken 4/2010)

The Pecularities of Peccole Ranch

1    6/19/2012   6/19/2012
Review By: elton807
This review was updated on 6/24/2012
Pros: Beautifully landscaped terrain with great tee pads & signage. Tons of mature & adolescent trees with very aesthetically pleasing boulders scattered in the fairways. Difficult, yes, but also very rewarding & satisfying. My favorite holes are 4, 10-12, & 15-18. #4 is a blind dogleg left, while the tee shots on #10-12 are cool & memorable. #18 is a long & difficult finishing hole. Being a predominately RHBH thrower, this course really trained me to get the most distance out of my low hovering tee shots. Same with my flicks. Visualization is key here. A few tee shots had enough reward to risk that I just let it rip & trusted my hyser...truly fun stuff! Never came too close to losing a disc, although I did bang a fence or two.
Cons: Sprinklers run from 6am till 7:30am, so tee pads are quite slippery in the mornings. Some tee shots evoked "you've got to be kidding me!".
Other Thoughts: As far as the "privateness" of the course goes, I never felt unwanted on the premises. At least 15-20 residential walkers (most with very cute dogs) were generally friendly. A few even stopped to see if I'd nail a tree or send one over the wall! A security guy actually rode past me on his bike along the path and smiled & waved at me. I think as long as you're courteous & not doing anything illegal, this course is publicly playable. This course is a must play for any DGer who enjoys a unique challenge.
====================
Uniqueness: A (so many of these types of land exist, but so few are DG courses, especially this well taken care of)
Difficulty: A+ (some super-tricky tee shots; par is good on any given hole; the course should get even tougher through the years)
Fun Factor: B (fun, yet frustrating at times)
Aesthetics: A (manicured; couldn't be much prettier for what it is; love those boulders!)
-----------------------
Overall: A-

Loved this course!

1    10/31/2010   11/2/2010
Review By: Harrishabitat
Pros: Amazing use of the available space
Technical...use every shot you have
Lush grass and beautiful setting.
Cons: sometimes there are no clear lines for shots.

Finding the final 4 holes was tricky
Other Thoughts: Very rarely has a course surprised me like this one. Yes it is tight, but never came close to going into a back yard. Every shot you have to think about, not really a short course since there is never a chance to just bomb away like you would on a wide open course.

There is plenty of space for them to make a longer course or even extra holes. Clearing up some lines would make this a top 10 course...in my humble opinion.