Las Vegas, NV

It's a Course

2-4    4/7/2011   4/11/2011
Review By: BENFTS
This review was updated on 6/29/2012
Pros: The course is very easy to follow and play the first time without a guide, onsite bathrooms, nice long grass, good baskets, nice textured concrete tee pads, good signage, plenty of parking.
Cons: The course has no elevation change to speak of and many activities such as football, softball, and soccer are taking place in several fairways. No real tough holes here, all cater to a big driver getting close and putting down a 30' gem to card a birdie. Overall lack of difficulty it fells like a longer pitch and putt course and plays the same way. It really felt like I was playing the same hole over and over again 24 times.
Other Thoughts: It is always a good thing to have a course and this fills the need. Any seasoned player will dispatch this course with ease but it offers a great place for the community to gather and play while also developing new talent. It would be nice to see something more championship like out in vegas. I know the local club is working hard to spread the gospel of disc golf and I look forward to checking out new courses as they are installed.

C = As average as the come

1    5/7/2008   4/19/2009
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward -- C
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities -- B-
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography -- B-
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion -- C-
5) Multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them -- C-