Las Vegas, NV
Uploaded By: JohnRicker Hole #20

Sunset Park - Vegas fun

1    1/18/2014   1/21/2014
Review By: Fntsygamr
Pros: Great 24 hole layout. Technical shots, both short and long. You can jump on the course at many locations, just depends where you park. Large park setting with numerous bathrooms for a long day of playing.
Cons: Lots of people. While we were there, starting at hole #1, there was a cricket match being played. A few times we had to watch for stray cricket balls coming our way. Homeless people, but not the annoying kind. They were there to root you on and were quiet for the most part.
Other Thoughts: We only completed 16 holes as the Ice Bowl tournament was being held that day. Wish we could have played more, but the backup was getting kinda ridiculous. The addition of "tournament only" holes made it a little odd for finding where the normal course played. When we go back again, I will make sure that we play this course full and complete.

Halloween Classic

5+    10/28/2012   10/29/2012
Review By: TheGrim
Pros: Keep in mind when reading this review that I am only reviewing it based on tournament layout. There are plenty of other reviews for the general use, so I thought I would give a bit different perspective on the park.

The park layout for the tournament was very well thought out and flowed well. They did a great job of compensating for the missing holes (4-7 normally) and provided a great map that showed exactly where to shoot for each hole. Without the map I can see where it would be a bit confusing though.

Flat and mostly well maintained tee pads with good markers to define where the baskets are.

The layout makes great use of the trees and other obstacles. The holes are a challenge for most all skill levels, particularly the back 9.

Wide open fields allow for you to practice and warm up very well without any risk of interfering with the course. On a typical day though they will probably be in use by park goers.

Friendly people all around.
Cons: Even with a huge tournament going on we still had problems with people just wandering out in the middle of the fairway without any thought or consideration for golfers. More than 5 times we had to get their attention as they would lazily walk through or even stop and sit right where you are about to throw.

Several of the shots are very close to baseball diamonds, basketball courts, parking lots and busy roads, which could really cause a problem if they are in use.

There isn't any elevation changes to speak of. One or two tiny downhill shots on the back 9 is all.
Other Thoughts: I went down for the Halloween Classic and let me tell you, it is one of the best tournaments you could ask for. It was very well organized with tons of great people.

The park overall is a lot of fun. When the construction is completed and they restore the full course I'm sure it will be awesome.

We took the opportunity to play several other courses in Vegas and I think that this was the best overall course around.

Jackpot in Vegas?

1    11/1/2010   5/12/2011
Review By: AequitasVeritas
Pros: -Clean, plenty of trash cans
-Large parking lot
-24 holes!!!!
-Centrally located to many attractions.
-Umm, it is in Vegas? lol
-Restrooms
-Concrete Tee Pads
-Water fountains
Cons: -A few baseball fields and tennis courts in play
-Busy street runs parallel to a few holes
-Can be rather confusing on the layout. Bring a map.
-Airport right next to it.
Other Thoughts: Well, came to Las Vegas for SEMA and decided to squeeze in a round before the show started. It was fairly empty when I came so I was able to breeze through the round. Love the fact that they added on 8 holes to make it 24. They are fun ones too. The baseball fields make the course interesting, however, they are in a position that discs can easily go on to the fields.

When I was there, there was a maintenance crew working. Not sure what they were doing, but every 10 minutes or so, sounded like a shotgun blast.

There are a few fast food restaurants right near by in case you get hungry.

As for the airport being a con, it is just loud at the most inopportune times it seems. Kinda cool to see the planes come nearly in right over head, though.

fun course

3/11/2008   3/11/2008
Review By: casonleavitt
Pros: Some challenging holes. There are a lot of different throws you can throw on this course.
Cons: bums sleeping in the fairway.