Brandon, MS
Hole #12 A Tee

Not what I expected

1    8/4/2009   8/12/2009
Review By: Dillon_Gourley
Pros: Good mix of holes. Course challenges disc placement and accuracy on most of the holes.

Pins have 3 placements. Would be very challenging playing them in the long positions.

Few of the open holes are bomb shots and helps if you have a cannon for an arm but are manageable if you can throw good consistent 300~' drives.

Benches on few holes and the bathroom is right off the course.
Cons: If you hear a bunch of tree knocks or clunks hitting the ground it's just the locals throwing while you are still playing the hole. It seems they have no etiquette. I got passed by a 6 some and I was playing by myself.

On a few holes it can get confusing if it is your first time playing on which way to go to the next hole. Next tee signs would be very helpful.

One of the holes, I think maybe #3 doesn't have a sign or marked pad and you throw over a fence. Took me a few to figure out where to throw from, they're multiple concreted areas in the ground that was already there. I just picked the one that looked like it would be the tee pad.
Other Thoughts: With this being Jackson, the biggest city in the state I would figure they would have a great course and I have heard nothing but good things about The Rez but overall I was dissappointed with it, but still a fun course.

Which leads me to my next statement. Is it worth playing? Yes, of course. I would recommend playing it if you are anywhere close.

A fun round at the Rez

1    5/15/2009   5/15/2009
This review was updated on 9/24/2015
Pros: A good shot selection. Holes going from the open into the woods and starting in the woods and finishing in the open. Wooded tunnel shots short and long. Most open shots are pretty long
with plenty of O.B. and sprinkled trees to force
you to make a decision. Some interesting
basket locations between trees and 1(hole 17)
nice and pretty long (about 315) across the
water shot which if you can clear throwing
directly at the pin will leave a pretty easy birdie
shot. If you can't throw 320 accurately then you
can throw it across some of the water and
hyzer onto the bank for a lay up shot for a 3.
Very, very well maintained. While playing hole
17 I noticed a park worker actually WEED
water hole). I had never played at a state or city
park course where the workers actually care
about the course as much as the locals! The
rough isn't very rough. In fact the only reason I
would wear jeans is because of the poison ivy.
Cons: Poison ivy. Which as far as I know has yet to actually attack anyone so just look out for the green vines arranged with sets of 3 leaves always 3. There is another plant/vine that has
sets of 5 but looks similar. You have to back
track to the next tee a lot. After hole 13 turn
around and walk back for 14's tee which starts
in the open and ends in the woods. Holes 13-18
start to the left of the message board. Not really
a con if you already know about it. There were
a couple of groups of fast playing 1 disc
college students but they were friendly and I
told them to play through.
Other Thoughts: The shot variety of this course along with some pretty interesting pin placements is what stood out for me. This is not as fun as Moccasin Bend, but both courses are challenging too play.