Not worth it
4 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: - Beautiful scenery
- lots of amenities/multi-use park
- score cards available at first tee box (also a coupon for Omega Sports!)
- most of the holes are kinda nice
Cons: here we go:
- no signage
- poorly maintained natural tees (I like natural tees but you have to put extra effort into them.)
- course felt poorly laid out
- hole 2 unplayable due to construction
- course is a nightmare to navigate
- crossing from hole 8 to hole 9 is treacherous. I'm honestly surprised someone hasn't gotten hurt and sued the city.
- the front 8 and 18 is just meh
- hole twelve plays entirely too close to a parking lot.
- Hole 16 plays across a walking path (kinda dangerous for other park users).
- some parts of the course made me wish I had a CWP
- course is in the worst part of Greensboro
Other Thoughts: well this course has potential. If the city were to spend some extra money to make tee signs and either have pads poured or continuously put woodchips or something on the tees this course would possibly jump up a couple of points in my rating. they would also have to reconsider the layout for quite a few of the holes to abate the safety issues. I am thoroughly surprised that this course has been in the ground since 1998 and they haven't found a safer way to cross from number eight to number nine. You have to walk across a drainage dam/culvert I don't know what. I'm very surprised someone hasn't slipped off of it, gotten hurt and sued the city. but since this park is in a rough area I don't think it gets a lot of DG traffic. I only saw maybe 5 other people playing the course while I was there (and today was GORGEOUS!!)
Bottom Line: it's not worth a visit. Keep driving on I-85 and play Creekside Park in Archdale NC or just going until you get to Charlotte.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful.
5 Helpful / 6 Not
Not worth the drive
Pros: It's disc golf
Cons: Poor signage and course map. Even with map, it was difficult to find holes. Grass tees. Bridge to #10 needs work.
Other Thoughts: Park currently under construction. Some holes have been removed (#2. #3, #4, #18)
5 of 11 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.