4 Helpful / 0 Not
Sinsheimer Park DGC
Pros: A perfect course to get a quick 9 in
Nice concrete pads (though a bit small)
Good variety for such a short course
Can play at night when baseball stadium lights are on
Variety in pin placement
Elevation change and constant wind add plenty of challenges for the recreation player
Cons: Random visitors will often cross the course
On weekends it can often get crowded
Holes a place right next to each other so you will often find players from the next hole on yours
There's often a murky area crossing the bridge on hole 7
You will often find homeless people within the brush
Other Thoughts: To sum up, I gave it a 2 because of it's lack of difficulty, yet it can be outrageously difficult if the wind is blowing hard. Number 8 is virtually impossible in heavy wind. For newer players, this is definitely the course to develop your skills.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: 1. The only reason I don't give this a 2.5 is because of the lack of courses in the Area. I would much rather play here then Laguna. San Luis is always windy, but not too bad at Sinsheimer.
2. It is clean and fairly well maintaned.
3. Great views of the Hills. Nice in the winter.
4. The best place for a Student at Cal Poly to play without driving down to Waller in Santa Maria (I hear, haven't played)
5. Multiple pin locations make for some variety. They are changed fairly regularly.
6. Concrete tee pads.
Cons: 1. Most of the holes are quite short.
2. Not all of the holes are clearly marked (no maps)
3. Hikers, Bikers, and folks with Dogs will walk through the course, unaware. Patrons of the Ballfields abound. Can be difficult to find parking when Ball fields are in use.
4. Not very challenging terrain, and few trees for such a short course.
5. DISCatcher baskets are not my favorite, but it adds some challenge.
Other Thoughts: Not a destination course, but if your going to play while in San Luis, it is the preferred course.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful.
4 Helpful / 2 Not
Pros: Fun 9 hole course in the city.
Some variety and elevation change.
Nice tee pads and baskets.
Wind can add some needed challenge.
Course uses the land available well.
Not really any place to lose discs.
Good place for newer players to learn.
Cons: Course layout is fairly simple, no holes really offer much of a challenge in distance or in overall difficulty of the hole.
When I played in July the course was very dusty and dry and just felt unforgiving on the whole.
Some trees or other obstacles would really help the course.
Other Thoughts: In general Sinsheimer has some nice charm for a small city park course, I played it twice in my 4 days in the San Luis Obispo area, there were many other casual golfers using the course. It's main limitation is simply space and the lack of challenge. But surely a good course for newer players and a good short game tune up for the areas more skilled shooters.
4 of 6 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.