Albuquerque, NM
Roosevelt Park Share
Uploaded By: AlexBradford Hole #3 (Taken 9/2011)
3 / 264ft.   3 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:

Teddy And FDR Would Be Proud!

1    3/27/2011   3/30/2011
This review was updated on 4/6/2011
Pros: Great piece of rolling land for a course. Just across the street from the Univeristy of NM. Lots of mature trees for those sweltering hot NM days. Green grass to walk on. A few ACE RUNS! Lots and lots of epic downhill shots. Tee pads are adequate. Signs are nice although I wish they showed the distance. Park was relatively litter free.
Cons: I did wake up one homeless dude when I banged in a putt at 7 AM. Sorry, he shouldn't be camping out right under the basket. Later I threw a great approach right over his head for a gimmee birdie. I don't think he noticed. I did let another homeless guy tee off with a couple of my discs. I think he's hooked! 10 baskets and 18 holes does make for a confusing layout. I could see this course getting mega crazy on a busy afternoon with discs flying everywhere and picknickers too, what a zoo that would be. # 4 is listed as a par 4. It's a eagle waiting to happen.
Other Thoughts: This was easily my favorite of the 9 New Mexico courses that I was able to play. The challenge probably isn't there for the advanced to pro player. There are the safety issues. But I'm a total rec player. I'd play it at odd hours stepping/stumbling over the occasional homeless fellows and loving all those epic downhills.

1    6/26/2010   6/30/2010
Review By: thatdirtykid
Pros: Great course. Much more elevation than you expect, especially in such a small park. People in park seemed more aware of the golfers and were more courteous than most any other park I have played. Very large trees, very shady and fun to play around. Multiple positions, varying lengths. Some holes were a bit too easy. Nothing too challenging.
Cons: Navigation is tough, baskets are too close together, 8 holes are shared baskets. Public park, lots of people.
Could have tighter fairways.
Other Thoughts: I hope to play this one again on another trip.
Its questionable whether tourneys could be run smoothly with all the overlap.

If Only...

1    6/16/2009   6/24/2009
Review By: DSCJNKY
Pros:
- If only... there was more room this course would be bad ass.
- There are some serious golf shots on this course. Championship stuff... however, the 10 baskets on 18 holes is crazy! They did what they could with the space provided and really made a nice course here though.
- Seriously, some of these shots are sooo good it's not funny. Beautifully designed picturesque, postcard quality shots! Some very memorable holes. If only... other people on a different hole weren't throwing at my basket too.
- For a hot ass day, this park was cool. It plays almost entirely in the shade and on grass... and since the wind is always blowing... it's cool.
- Awesome use of elevation on this course. Great use of danger as well with the pin placements being near a lot of OB.
- There was a large disc golf community.
Cons:
- 10 baskets on 18 holes. Confusion. This made for some long waits at the tee-pad.
- This course crosses over itself so many time with its design the way it is that is could be dangerous.
- There is a nice brewery in this town called the Chama River Brewing Company (sp?). Nice IPA and a good burger.
- Oh yeah... if driving across the country from west to east... don't forget to take into account the time changes you will be driving through. On this day I went through two time zones and almost missed my opportunity to play Amarillo.
My Score: -2

1    12/22/2006   4/16/2009
Review By: ryyedogg
This review was updated on 3/31/2011
Pros: Fun and challenging course near downtown ABQ in a well-kept park with large elms and lots of elevation changes. Tee pads are great as well as the signs for each hole. I printed off a course map before coming. This has a very good combination of uphill and downhill technical shots varying in length. Good practice for hilly upshots. Friendly locals helped me get around easier.
Cons: Having 9 shared baskets amongst 18 tees can slow down play on a busy day. You have to watch for flying discs at all times on the fairways as well as yelling "Fore" when necessary on drives! The course can get busy when weather is nice.
Other Thoughts: Definitely worth checking out if you are in the area!

Cool little park

1    7/26/2008   7/26/2008
Review By: cc0049
This review was updated on 7/13/2010
Pros: Gotta review this course because it is a fantastic course and no one has reviewed it yet. I went and played while on a trip through the area. It is a very pretty park with rolling hills and large trees throughout. The park is small and the holes are very "strategically" placed. I enjoyed each and every hole because they all had their own unique challenge. Very picturesque park. Many friendly people playing.
Cons: There was a lot of thrower traffic when we played. The fairways cross paths and each basket is shared by two different tees, so you have to be on alert at all times for flying discs. "Fore" is a commonly heard being yelled across the park.
Other Thoughts: Try to go early morning when it will be less crowded. Even when it was crowded, we enjoyed it thouroughly and liked getting to mingle with the local disc golf crowd.