Gautier, MS
Uploaded By: ninja-don Hole #1

Home Course

5+    7/5/2012   10/21/2012
Review By: demamazins
Pros: The course is located within a state park. A heavily wooded course that will make or break a players score. Finesse shots are required to reach each hole while navigating fairways that are 10-15 feet in width. Favorite holes are 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17 and 18. Bright colored discs are encouraged. This is a par 3 course.
Cons: Some areas are overcome by water. Often tee-pads need to relocated for tee-offs when water creates an area that is unsuitable. Overgrowth needs to be trimmed.
Other Thoughts: A par 3 course. Holes 3 and 16 play as a par 4. (56 = Par). The scorecard has correct distances but with incorrect Par listings.

Mississippi swamp

1    4/3/2012   4/4/2012
Review By: cmoney49
Pros: Good difficult course. It has a lot of varying distances for the holes. I would suggest having a spotter for most hole because you can't see many baskets. If I am ever down there again i will play again.
Cons: Bugs and fire ants. My dumb ass played in sandals, shorts and a tank top. I lost my favorite disc on hole 3 and was looking for it and stood on a tree and got stung by fire ants. Bring bug spray and wear shoes.
Other Thoughts: Hole 11 was scary with having to throw over the swamp. I am from Maryland so I am not used to those elements.

Sheparding the Flock

5+    12/27/2011   1/3/2012
Review By: ohtobediscing
This review was updated on 7/22/2013
Pros: This is a nice little course that borders a coastal marsh, yet has a number of small elevation changes that spice up the short game. Most of the front 9 traverses through a southern pine forest with yupon, huckleberry and sweet bay undergrowth that likes to slap your disc down and hide it if you're off-fairway. #s 1 and 9 cross a creek hollow[open, but mucky in rainy season], and #s 2-5 use a corner of a field and the road cutback for the only "open" shots on the course. The back 9 throws over a swampy, reedy arm of the bay, crosses the creek hollow for a few holes, has more hardwood canopy and taller undergrowth, yet the fairways are a bit more open than the front 9. Lots of blind baskets, so grab a course map at the entrance station or have someone who knows the course. For a couple of the holes a spotter would be appreciated. Route finding is decent as there are new next-tee signs near all the baskets. As a lefty I had to use forehand more than most courses, but found reasonable distances and enjoyable shot-shaping. Situated just off the gulf, its isolated from traffic routes and I've yet to ever see it crowded. Benches, and a scattering of garbage cans. Tee pads are an erratic mix of natural and cement.
Cons: Narrow, undergrowth-walled fairways with a mix of house-high shrubbery and ground cover just tall enough to hide discs. Fall/winter/spring is a better time to play in terms of weather[heat, humidity], shrubbery, insects[mosquitoes, flies, giant garden spiders] and reptiles. Wear long pants for disc-hunting in the blackberry- and thorny vine-infested undergrowth.
Other Thoughts: I took 6 kids under 12 and 3 adults, all newbies, 'cause they lived nearby. Only managed to play 9 holes, everyone had fun, and nobody got brained[though it was close a few times]. Playground is right by #9 hole, with bathroom[and drinking water] nearby. Nearest convenience store is 2 miles away. Bulldog Bayou DGC is about 3 miles away, and except for #s 1-4, a bit more noob-friendly.

Awesome

2-4    10/23/2011   10/25/2011
Review By: Rebels44
Pros: Calls for different shots
Clean and well taken care of.
Tight as well as open holes.
Cons: Mostly for right handers and im a lefty
Could be a little hard to follow holes

Other Thoughts: Really fun course. Well worth 3 dollars. Could lose a disc if not careful.

Great Vaction course

1    4/3/2009   4/7/2009
Review By: gusc2375
Pros: This course was very clean. Baskets are in very good shape. The score card did have a map it helps but is not the greatest. I really liked the fairways most were tight blind shots but if you walk the hole or have spotters disc lose is minimal. Hole 8 has an island rough this feature is some thing I haven't see used before nice feature. I liked the rough it was thick and made you chose accuracy over power. Not all the holes were the same 3, 15 16 were much more open with little rough in play.
Cons: The course could use more trash cans. The tee pads were not all concrete. The Pad for 8 had big roots that could be a trip hazard. Hole 3, 5 cross a road be mindful when teeing off. Watch your disc full flight easy to lose disc in thick rough. The gap for 9 was very tight it could be a little wider and still be a hard shot.
Other Thoughts: I liked this course a lot. Hole 11 over the swamp was my favorite, I have thrown over water before but not like this. I walked each hole before I played them, really helped me to get a feel for the shot. A little better map on scorecard would help. also look for arrow head shaped signs pointing the way to the next hole. This I would like to see on some other courses. the $3.00 is nothing to pay for such a good course. I would like to play this course more but I was on Vacation in the Biloxi MS area .

Bush Wackers Needed!!!

2-4    10/19/2008   10/19/2008
Review By: ninja-don
This review was updated on 10/31/2008
Pros: Nice DISCatcher chains. Place was well maintained considering the nominal amount of people they have to take care of this park. Just try to stay on the trails. Trail are very nice, and scenic. Over all I really enjoyed this course.
Cons: Not all holes had concrete tee pads, 16 of the 18 holes are blind shots from the tee. You either have to play this course with someone who has been here before, or walk the hole before you throw. Most holes are narrow and if you put a disc of course (and you will) you will be "Bush Wacking" your way through some thick brush and tall grass, thorns, and other trees and growth to find your disc. Score card map is not that helpful. Posted pars on card are unrealistic.

(UPDATE)- I've heard horror stories about the bugs on this course, but the two times I've played I didn't have a problem. But the MS area is pretty bad for bugs in general, so bug spray is not a bad idea.
Other Thoughts: Strongly suggest bringing you brightest colored disc and use spotters at least half way up the "fairway" (most likely just a trail) to spot where your disc may be "when" you put one in the trees. Might be a good idea to wear pants too if weather permits... there are some sharp plants of the trails.

(UPDATE)- I just played this course for the 2nd time and it was an awesome experience... once you've played this course once the map becomes much easier to navigate. The holes don't seem so hard because you "should" have a better idea where the baskets are. I still strongly suggest having a spotter so you won't be looking trough the tree as much.
If you do throw one or twenty into the trees, Don't give up... you'll probably find it with some effort... especially if you have a spotter to kind of gauge where it landed in the first place.
I'm going to raise my initial rating of 2.5 up to a 3.5 because I feel my first review may have been a little harsh due to the challenging nature of this course compared to my beginner arm.
This is my favorite course now. I plan to play it at least one more time before I move in a month.
It cost $3.00 per car to get into the park, they will give you scorecard with the course map on the flip side if you ask, or it will be next to the mail box at the toll booth house looking thing. WELL WORTH THE MONEY!!!