Canton, GA

Gets the job done.

2-4    4/1/2015   4/2/2015
Review By: threedaysmore
This review was updated on 10/15/2015
Pros: -It's pretty for a wooded course
-Good distance variety on a lot of holes
-Baskets are the same the whole way through
-Paths are clear
-Many basket placements on most holes
-Decent shot variety
-Really fun tunnel shot on hole 5
-You go by the pavilion where you parked after 12 holes (wife always uses the restroom here)
-Safe environment
-Plenty of benches and trashcans at the park, great park to bring a dog to
-Most of the locals are pretty fun and relaxed about what's going on
Cons: -Really poor navigation. There are signs that point to the next pad, but they're nailed to trees and often times aren't pointing the right direction due to gravity or people messing with them.
-Poor signage on holes. Some holes actually have a sign with the hole layout on it, but a lot of times it's no longer accurate or doesn't depict the hole location that is actually being played. Holes without signs have a piece of plastic with the hole number on it, on some of these people have tried to draw out the layout of the hole with a sharpie. Good idea maybe, but practically it's hard to tell what the drawings are actually showing since most of them are very faded.
-Very strange layout. 6,10, and 11(I pretty sure it's those 3, if not it's 3 holes on the front 9) all share the same little pocket of open space. I understand trying to make the most out of the open space in a wooded area, but I personally think that this is a little much. Every time I've played here (4 or 5 times) I've almost been hit with a disc while putting out on 6 or playing my second on 11(11's drive almost throws over one of 6's baskets). Not a huge deal, but it's just kinda weird and really cramped feeling.
-Not an organic flow through the holes. 1-15 are all fairly close to the parking lot, however 16-18 pretty much all take you directly away from the parking lot and you end up with a 1/3 or 1/2 mile walk back to the parking lot. I most certainly don't mind the exercise but it does kind of make me wonder why on Earth it was designed like this?
-On the topic of design and layout, there are entirely too many blind holes on this course. Depending on the basket placements well over half the course is a blind tee shot. I get that that's a neat shot and all, but to see it used so many times on a course it just gets a little boring and frustrating.
-13 plays down a road with a big curve in it (thrower and driver are blind to what's around the corner). It's the road that comes into the park so it's fairly well trafficked. I've almost been hit in my car and hit cars while throwing a couple of times.
-15 plays down a walking trail that people have been using every time I've played, not a huge deal but definitely a bit of a safety concern.
-The way that 4A/4B plays is really weird if you've never been there before.
Other Thoughts: Sequoyah is a very acceptable park. There are some really nice things about this course, but at the same time some really werid/stupid things that keep me from going back frequently. I gave more detail on the cons because I think cons without explanations are worthless, I hope people don't see that as me totally trashing the course because it is a decent course. I've played with friends not from the area or my wife all the times I've played it and sometimes just kind of feel lost out there. I imagine playing this course with a local could make it a fair amount better, but I can only rate it through the experiences I've had with it.

It's a good park, but it's hard to convince myself to go here with Oregon Park fairly close and Frog Rock nearing completion of its back 9.

Mixed Bag

1    3/2/2014   3/3/2014
Review By: Moose33
Pros: This course has great potential, some very nice technical wooded holes and obstacles. Significant elevation changes throughout and the baskets are pretty good.

Concrete tee pads on almost every hole with a few grippy rubber mats mixed in.

It's a pretty course and a decent hike as well.

Also if you are there during baseball games there is a conssesion stand with water and power aide.
Cons: It's a very busy multi use park and there are serial times where you have to throw across the jogging path and a few where the road comes into play. I didn't like the fact that an on target throw could often hit a runner.

The layout is okay if you have the map, you will want to download the map, but can be a little confusing. There are several spots where you can see 2 or 3 baskets from the tee and if you don't have the map you won't know which one to throw to.

Also 13/14/15 throw over a murky retention pond. If you throw one in there it's done you won't be able to see it at all.

Actually several easy spots to loose discs, I won't bring my A bag if I play there again.

It's also a little hard to find tee 1.
Other Thoughts: I like the course but the many spot where it is hard to navigate and intersect the jogging path detract greatly.

If your working on refining you short game it's great but overall other local courses are easier to enjoy.

A Tale of 2 Courses

1    2/18/2010   2/19/2010
Review By: sloppydisc
Pros: Clean course in a nice park setting. Port-a-potties on site and benches and garbage cans all around the course. As I was playing the beginning of the course I was thinking what a nice little wooded course it is. Good tee pads and signs everyewhere. A typical wooded course with ups, downs and doglegs. #10 is a neat hole. Throw out of the woods and down into a little valley. Then up another hill into some sparse woods around the basket. #11 goes back down the hill into and up again to another wooded area around the basket. Nice holes on a tight wooded course. #12 is a tight tunnel shot, but has a hill to the left to add some risk. Then you need to cross the parking lot to get to #13. And that is where things go very wrong...
Cons: #13 is simply one of the worst holes I have played. It is in the grass between a walking path and the road into the park. Your choices are to throw over the road, where cars would come around a blind corner, or throw over the walkway straight at the basket. No choice choice at all if the park is busy. Then the small slope that the basket sits on is eroding terribly. Just a bad situation. #14 plays down a small hill and near a small pond. OK hole, but you must walk back through the fairway to get to the tunnel to #15. Then #15's fairway is once again the walking path. With an OB creek on the left and some water to the left. Just another bad hole. #17 is a tee pad painted on the parking lot. You must throw over the lot and the roadway once again. The basket is up on a hill about 30' from the baseball field fence. Not a great hole either. After a long walk to #18 you finally get to escape this ugly end of the course.
Other Thoughts: The one really pleasant surprise to this course is #16. It's a very good hole. Down a small hill, over a creek, and back up a large hill to the basket while bending to the right the whole way. If you get a disc on edge to the right you could roll a long way down the hill to the creek. It is a hole you would expect to see at someplace like Richmond Hill in Asheville, NC. Almost makes playing the last 7 holes of this course worthwhile. Almost. This isn't a terrible course due to the decent wooded front 12. Some of the holes are very short, but they play OK. #16 is a real nice hole. I almost wish they would have just built a great 9 hole course instead of an extrememly inconsistent 18 holer. A decent course to play if you are nearby, but not worth a huge effort to get to.

no bad at all

1    11/23/2008   11/23/2008
Review By: 3monsterboys
Pros: I just played this course today and I was pretty happy with it. Yes holes 1 - 12 are very fun with lots of trees. Good for working on your short game.
Cons: Holes 13 - 18 are o.k. not sure if they just ran out of ideas for where to put holes.
Other Thoughts: Good for a nice walk with nature. I would recommend everyone try it out.