Canton, GA
Sequoyah Park Share
Uploaded By: Protool1983 Hole #15

5+    3/7/2010   3/7/2010
Review By: TylerD
Pros: Sequoyah park is a nice little pitch and putt course, with a couple of holes that give you the opportunity to open it up. The designers have done a nice job with the amount of land they had to work with. There are two things you have to do to score well out there, throw straight and get out of trouble. The shule can be punishing, but it is fair.

95% of the holes are valid. This is not a chuck and pray wooded course. The back six are fun.
Cons: The local barneys seem to have no understanding of the etiquette rules. Watch out for people throwing when you are still on a hole. Also, it's very easy to find groups of 5 or 6 that do not want to let you play through.

Hole nine's short left position
Hole ten's short left position
Other Thoughts: Do not listen to the barneys that have written reviews about the back six, for they are barneys. Chances are, if you can only throw 250 ft, you won't care too much for challenging holes with water, or holes that have other park activities located near them. We get it, you are scared.

This is a fun course and it can be rewarding. I would recommend playing it if you are in the area.

A Tale of 2 Courses

1    2/18/2010   2/19/2010
Review By: sloppydisc
Pros: Clean course in a nice park setting. Port-a-potties on site and benches and garbage cans all around the course. As I was playing the beginning of the course I was thinking what a nice little wooded course it is. Good tee pads and signs everyewhere. A typical wooded course with ups, downs and doglegs. #10 is a neat hole. Throw out of the woods and down into a little valley. Then up another hill into some sparse woods around the basket. #11 goes back down the hill into and up again to another wooded area around the basket. Nice holes on a tight wooded course. #12 is a tight tunnel shot, but has a hill to the left to add some risk. Then you need to cross the parking lot to get to #13. And that is where things go very wrong...
Cons: #13 is simply one of the worst holes I have played. It is in the grass between a walking path and the road into the park. Your choices are to throw over the road, where cars would come around a blind corner, or throw over the walkway straight at the basket. No choice choice at all if the park is busy. Then the small slope that the basket sits on is eroding terribly. Just a bad situation. #14 plays down a small hill and near a small pond. OK hole, but you must walk back through the fairway to get to the tunnel to #15. Then #15's fairway is once again the walking path. With an OB creek on the left and some water to the left. Just another bad hole. #17 is a tee pad painted on the parking lot. You must throw over the lot and the roadway once again. The basket is up on a hill about 30' from the baseball field fence. Not a great hole either. After a long walk to #18 you finally get to escape this ugly end of the course.
Other Thoughts: The one really pleasant surprise to this course is #16. It's a very good hole. Down a small hill, over a creek, and back up a large hill to the basket while bending to the right the whole way. If you get a disc on edge to the right you could roll a long way down the hill to the creek. It is a hole you would expect to see at someplace like Richmond Hill in Asheville, NC. Almost makes playing the last 7 holes of this course worthwhile. Almost. This isn't a terrible course due to the decent wooded front 12. Some of the holes are very short, but they play OK. #16 is a real nice hole. I almost wish they would have just built a great 9 hole course instead of an extrememly inconsistent 18 holer. A decent course to play if you are nearby, but not worth a huge effort to get to.

First Course I Ever Played...

1    10/17/2009   10/24/2009
Review By: JoshBoggs
Pros: I liked the course, in general. I always played around in the woods as a kid, so this was not out of the ordinary for me. The first 13 holes were very fun and technical. You can definitely hone your technical skills here if you play the course a lot.
Cons: As a beginner, the water on Holes 14 and 15 intimidated me. I don't want to go fishing for discs in the water. Didn't find the painted tee box on Hole 17 until we ran into another disc golfer... may need some fresh paint.
Other Thoughts: I'm a first timer, so take this review for what you will. I had a good enough time playing this course with my friend that I'm getting into the sport. I've gone out once and now have 8 discs for all different styles of throwing. This course may scare some away with the wooded landscape and the up and down terrain, but as a home course, I think it will suit me just fine and strengthen my game for courses that aren't wide open and lack some technical features.

Enjoyable

1    10/16/2009   10/17/2009
Review By: JBryant
This review was updated on 6/20/2012
Pros: First holes are a joy. Very easy to play and signs on most holes to help you out. Take a print out from this site of hole footage.
Cons: Hole 14 and 15 are a waste of time. I didn't even play them. I pay too much money for discs to be lost in the muddy swamp creek on those holes. 16 is fun and a hike but guys put on your big boy pants and stop complaining! It wasn't that bad of a hike. The swamp creek does play along the lower right of that hole though. Could pose a problem.
Other Thoughts: 17 and 18 do play into oncoming traffic. It wasn't too bad but it was also super early in the morning. I did not mind these holes at all.

Overall this was a good course not a very good course. 14 and 15 water issues could have very well put this course lower than what I rated it.

I hope you like spiders

1    9/12/2009   10/8/2009
Review By: Psalman
This review was updated on 10/13/2009
Pros: This course requires a lot of different types of throws. It really challenges your throwing ability. There are some spectacular elevation changes. Don't be surprised if you unload your entire bag on a few of the holes just for fun.
Cons: I walked through about 40 spider webs in one round. At times I could feel things crawling on me. About a third of the holes could really use some improvement.
Other Thoughts: The amount of trees are good for an experienced player, but an newbie will become frustrated quickly. Because the course is so hilly, you get a lot of excercise which is good, but it may be too much for small kids to follow along.

2-4    8/6/2009   8/13/2009
Review By: dmerk
Pros: It's a very wooded course, but not too much. The first twelve holes are just superb. Every hole is a challenge but great. Just so well thought out and placed. Its very diverse. some holes are well over 300 and then some are well under 200, but just as hard. Some of the most fun I've had. Just a great first 12 holes. Oh, and hole 14.
Cons: I get annoyed with all the hiking you have to do after the first 12 holes. It gets tiresome. Be prepared to climb (hole 16). The first twelve holes are fun but the last 6 are just kind of a blur. Nothing too exciting about them
Other Thoughts: There are a lot of places to lose a disc. keep that in mind.

A worthwhile stop

1    3/31/2009   8/10/2009
Review By: tmahan
Pros: Nice mix of uphill, downhill and sidehill holes in pretty pine forest. Some really nice tunnel shots demanding accuracy, particularly on the front. The drive on #10 across the valley to the guarded pin up the hill is a treat. Nice little pond shot on 14 (I think). #16 is a very challenging uphill/sidehill combo where par is a pretty good score. Nice tees.
Cons: I had a bit of difficulty finding the first tee, sign or two on the way in would help. There are a few pretty short holes on the front that aren't particularly challenging. #13, #17 and #18 play over the park road and around a ball field and give the impression some of the course was shoe-horned in.
Other Thoughts: There are a number of other activities in this park so I have an appreciation for what it must have taken to get a disc golf course included. I'm in the minority as I actually liked the last 6, particularly the infamous #16, though I can see where this might be a tricky walk when the course is wet. When you take into account this is a multi-use area the designers really did a nice job here. This course is worth playing if you're in the area.

1    1/1/2009   8/10/2009
Review By: Ro1_
Pros: First 12 holes aren't good, they are great! I actually enjoy hole 13 too, but the woods to the left are awful place for a beginner to lose a disc, and tee pad is misleading.
-good signs, restrooms, course flow
Cons: Hole 13, 14,15,16 are the strangest holes. There are so many places to lose a disc, especially for a beginner, that they end up not being played very much.
I believe the signs end at hole 13?
Other Thoughts: Good course. Ninja turtles will enter your mind every time you walk from 14 to 15 :}

1    7/27/2009   7/27/2009
Review By: JasonP
Pros: I was in town for a weekend and was able to play this course on the recommendation from a friend. It has some nice looking holes. This would be a good course for a beginner to play if he wanted an easier introduction to wooded courses.
Cons: One of the pads is facing the wrong basket. I had someone yelling at me because I thought it was the intended hole. The back part of the course is very poorly designed. You walk in all sorts of different directions. They also had a lot of short pin placements. I don't know why they did because the course is already pretty short.

Some of the locals (im guessing they are locals) were playing in front of my friend and I. They wouldn't let us play through. They didn't even bother looking back. I guess my whistle is silent. There was trash all over the course and beer cans everywhere.

Other Thoughts: If you are visiting I would suggest going to east roswell park instead. That was the only other course that I played in the area and there is no point playing here if you can make it over to east roswell park.

A good time

1    7/26/2009   7/26/2009
Review By: billnchristy
Pros: Lots of elevation change. Some tight, but clear fairways. Mostly concrete pads and the signs that existed were nice. Hole 10 is spectacular, I could stand on that hill and throw my whole bag if I wasn't afraid of losing half of it by forgetting where they went. Not a whole lot of non-dg traffic in the park. The wooded holes have 100,200,300 foot lines painted on the trees. Very cool way to see how far you threw. We also realized that a clothespin tells you what pin position is used on some holes with signs.
Cons: Many signs missing. On 6 we actually both decided on a do-over because the pin was waaaay beyond what we thought possible (most have one alt, this one seemed to have 4). Bathrooms were locked, park seemed kind of deserted....but not creepy.
Other Thoughts: A challenging, but not frustrating course. We really liked 4a, 10, 11 and 7 and 12 gave us fits. We did only play the front 12 because most people say to avoid the rest and it was 95 degrees and we were dying.

We drove 31 miles to check out this course and were not disappointed.