Canton, GA
Uploaded By: Protool1983 Hole #8

A worthwhile stop

1    3/31/2009   8/10/2009
Review By: tmahan
Pros: Nice mix of uphill, downhill and sidehill holes in pretty pine forest. Some really nice tunnel shots demanding accuracy, particularly on the front. The drive on #10 across the valley to the guarded pin up the hill is a treat. Nice little pond shot on 14 (I think). #16 is a very challenging uphill/sidehill combo where par is a pretty good score. Nice tees.
Cons: I had a bit of difficulty finding the first tee, sign or two on the way in would help. There are a few pretty short holes on the front that aren't particularly challenging. #13, #17 and #18 play over the park road and around a ball field and give the impression some of the course was shoe-horned in.
Other Thoughts: There are a number of other activities in this park so I have an appreciation for what it must have taken to get a disc golf course included. I'm in the minority as I actually liked the last 6, particularly the infamous #16, though I can see where this might be a tricky walk when the course is wet. When you take into account this is a multi-use area the designers really did a nice job here. This course is worth playing if you're in the area.

1    1/1/2009   8/10/2009
Review By: Ro1_
Pros: First 12 holes aren't good, they are great! I actually enjoy hole 13 too, but the woods to the left are awful place for a beginner to lose a disc, and tee pad is misleading.
-good signs, restrooms, course flow
Cons: Hole 13, 14,15,16 are the strangest holes. There are so many places to lose a disc, especially for a beginner, that they end up not being played very much.
I believe the signs end at hole 13?
Other Thoughts: Good course. Ninja turtles will enter your mind every time you walk from 14 to 15 :}

1    7/27/2009   7/27/2009
Review By: JasonP
Pros: I was in town for a weekend and was able to play this course on the recommendation from a friend. It has some nice looking holes. This would be a good course for a beginner to play if he wanted an easier introduction to wooded courses.
Cons: One of the pads is facing the wrong basket. I had someone yelling at me because I thought it was the intended hole. The back part of the course is very poorly designed. You walk in all sorts of different directions. They also had a lot of short pin placements. I don't know why they did because the course is already pretty short.

Some of the locals (im guessing they are locals) were playing in front of my friend and I. They wouldn't let us play through. They didn't even bother looking back. I guess my whistle is silent. There was trash all over the course and beer cans everywhere.

Other Thoughts: If you are visiting I would suggest going to east roswell park instead. That was the only other course that I played in the area and there is no point playing here if you can make it over to east roswell park.

A good time

1    7/26/2009   7/26/2009
Review By: billnchristy
Pros: Lots of elevation change. Some tight, but clear fairways. Mostly concrete pads and the signs that existed were nice. Hole 10 is spectacular, I could stand on that hill and throw my whole bag if I wasn't afraid of losing half of it by forgetting where they went. Not a whole lot of non-dg traffic in the park. The wooded holes have 100,200,300 foot lines painted on the trees. Very cool way to see how far you threw. We also realized that a clothespin tells you what pin position is used on some holes with signs.
Cons: Many signs missing. On 6 we actually both decided on a do-over because the pin was waaaay beyond what we thought possible (most have one alt, this one seemed to have 4). Bathrooms were locked, park seemed kind of deserted....but not creepy.
Other Thoughts: A challenging, but not frustrating course. We really liked 4a, 10, 11 and 7 and 12 gave us fits. We did only play the front 12 because most people say to avoid the rest and it was 95 degrees and we were dying.

We drove 31 miles to check out this course and were not disappointed.

Nice Hilly Georgia Pines Course!

1    7/3/2009   7/5/2009
Pros: The course, especially the first 12 holes are set up in a lovely, hilly Georgia pine forest with lots of elevation to contend with. The tee pads are mainly concrete and are big enough to provide a nice run-up. The course generally plays tight to very tight with accuracy being the key. This is a not a course for the beginner. Although the course is fairly complicated to navigate, the many next tee signs allowed me to find my way around fairly (?) easily. There are benches on most every hole. The baskets are in a great shape. I saw no signs of any vandalism anywhere and the course was litter free. Holes # 10 and # 11 are the twin signature holes. Both throw across a little valley finally giving you a chance to air it out.
Cons: I, too, felt that the course design kinda fell apart starting with # 13. Throwing into oncoming traffic on # 13 is a recipe for disaster. Then on # 17 you throw across the road and an errant throw on # 18 could hyser off into traffic. Another thing that I didn't particularly like about this course was the amount of uphill, blind throws. I like seeing the basket I'm throwing to. I know some uphill throws are to be expected on a hills course but I was surprised at how many there were here.
Other Thoughts: My congratulations to the locals who worked and obviously continue to maintain this course. You obviously take pride in it. I truly appreciate how well marked it is and the lack of vandalism that tends to detract from so many other courses we play.

Sequoya

1    4/9/2009   4/9/2009
Review By: StPaulie
Pros: Pretty park that is well maintained. Nice restrooms at the beginning with a bulletin with course info avaliable. There are benches and trash cans available on most holes. The course was very clean and the locals I encountered were all very friendly. Mostly wooded course that makes great use of the avaliable elevation changes on this property. Tee pads are a mixture of concrete and rubber, most holes had signs. I missed a few signs I don't know if they were missing or I just overlooked them. However I had no problems navagateing the course.
There is a nice mixture of shots required here and many holes had multiple baske postions available. Every hole had a decernable fairway most were are pretty tight but there. Good shots yeild birdy or even some ace possibilities but the potential of disc pinball with trees allways lurking. I have to agree with others holes #10 and #11 have to be the most visably awesome. Long toss across the same valley with enough distance required to satisfy those big arms out there. Plenty of fun for all to had on the first 12 holes.
Cons: Things start to fall apart some at #13, the hole runs right along the park road. This hole is fairly dangerous in my opinion. If the tee pad was moved down by the walking path the road would be taken out of play. I actually like this hole other than the road hazard, especially the basket placement on the side of a hill with deep water run off crags. The water in play on these back 6 holes looked pretty nasty. They look like they would be mosquito heaven in the summer. Once again on hole 17 you have to throw accross the road.
Other Thoughts: All in all this was a very fun park to play. While the last 6 were not quite up to the same level as the first 12, I would not let that stop me from comming back again, And hey you get to walk thru a tunnel to get from 14 to 15, how much fun is that?

A lot of fun

1    11/1/2008   3/4/2009
Review By: Dan_Dizzle
Pros: Great variety of hole types. Gets very technical on most holes. There are two hole that are side by side that throw over a deep ravine... just beautiful! Not too long until you get to the back 9 holes. Not too crowded and plenty of signs so you know where you are and where to go.
Cons: Could use more work and cleanup... the day I went there were 3 guys picking up dead wood. Overall mainenance is good but could just use a few more people helping out.
Other Thoughts: Really nice course situated in the woods. Treacherous back 9 and gets hilly. Trees call for a good challenge. Overall a really nice course! I would recommend playing here!

12 hole courses are fine

2-4    2/23/2009   2/23/2009
Review By: NDABRUSH
This review was updated on 3/4/2014
Pros: 2 signature holes. LOTS and LOTS of elevation, down and uphill. Hole 10 is breathtaking to me. You are throwing over a gorge or small valley. Nice scenery and plenty of trees. Great workout. First 12 holes are easy to navigate and fun to play. Friendly locals.
Cons: Most of the back 6. This isn't a long course but it has some nice elevation working against you on a few holes.
Other Thoughts: In my opinion this course should have been 12 holes. 13-18 are wastes of baskets. There is another Atl course that falls apart on the back 7, Wills park. Old park that has too much activity. Hopefully Sequoya never comes to that. After moving to Atlanta from Louisiana where there is little to no elevation, the front 12 at this course blew my mind. If you are used to high elevation heavily wooded courses, you might not be as impressed as I. It was my first course with elevated scenic shots so it will always hold a place in my heart. I miss Atlanta DG. If you are in area, East Roswell, Central and Rosewood Dekalb and white Oak are the most popular local courses that I am aware of, who knows there might be some new ones on the way.

Honest local

5+    2/11/2009   2/11/2009
Review By: Sea Bass
Pros: This is my home course,but honesty is the best policy...

-Woods holes are fair.Throw the correct shot and you will be rewarded, a bad shot will be punished.
-Lots of trash cans and benches.
-Good job using available land. Most of the course is right along property lines or other park activities, but you still get that isolated sort of feeling.
-Great support from locals.With almost no help from parks dept. the locals get the work done out here.Kudos.
-Teepads are concrete.There are 3 holes with rubber pads, but these holes are VERY short.Its really a non issue for those holes.
-Just plain fun. I have been playing here for 8 years now, and it still makes me smile.Some days I play great and shoot 7 or 8 down (54 par) Some days its 2 or 3 over. It rarely comes down to luck out here.Throw straight, putt well, and your score will reflect it.
Cons: -13 teepad is pointed at the wrong basket.Look down the jogging path for the basket. If its in the long you will see it, in the short it hides behind the pines.
-On 13 14 15 and 17 you have to throw over either a jogging trail or the park road.Most of the time its a non issue, but in the summer/fall the park can be busy on weekday evenings.You may have to wait for some walkers or cars to go by.
-Hillsides can be slippery, if it has rained recently, pay attention.
-In a perfect world this course would be longer, but just about every inch of available land is used here.
Other Thoughts: I noticed a few of the reviewers who did not like the "Back 6" ,as we call it, were players who have not been playing long. l can definitely see these holes frustrating a newer player, but they are not as tough as they seem.The ponds and schule can be harsh, but if you can control your disc for about 200'+ you will be fine. On 16, if you don't see the line right away, walk to the shorter pad and you will see that there is a clear line.From the concrete tee, throw something stable with a touch of anhyzer, and let it flex. This will help you avoid the schule on the right.

This is another 5 star in my heart course for me.I wont lie,there are flaws, but the pros really outweigh the cons here.The fun factor here is high, and thats generally the most important for me.

One more thing....The donkeys on 16 really love to do their HEE-AWW noise right as you throw. Then they give you a children of the corn kinda stare when you turn around.Creepy...

Disappointing

5+    1/27/2009   1/29/2009
Review By: Redneck Machismo
This review was updated on 12/26/2010
Pros: The course is good to work on short game accuracy. Holes 10,11 and 13 can be fun to throw and playing the course is sort of work out. Multiple pin positions kind of add some variety.
Cons: The course is overall poorly thought out and designed. The course is way too short.to be any fun at all. Holes 4 and 7 are jump putts at best. The only really good hole on the course is hole 5. There is virtually no flow to the course and many of the holes just do not make any sense. The reality is that this piece of property simply cannot support a legitimate disc golf course.
Other Thoughts: The only way this course could really be fun or interesting is if you were playing with a midnight flyer. It could be redesigned to be better but the locals seem to be very proud of it as is.