Columbia, SC
Owens Field Park Share
Uploaded By: al birdie Hole #14 (Taken 1/2011)

Best in Cola

1    8/8/2015   8/8/2015
Review By: S.Cann
Pros: -This course has a good bit of difficulty to it with tight fairways coupled with longer throws. You need a variety of shots and good execution in order to score well.
-Multiple pin positions on most holes adding variety for locals who play it often. There are also short and long tees on every hole making it a more versatile course and a little more inviting to newer players.
-You really feel isolated out on this course. Just you and challenging disc golf.
Cons: -Owens Field Park is rough around the edges. It lies in a low-lying area which is flooded after a good rain. The tee pads are gravel and dirt which are severely eroded. This course could really be upgraded just by adding concrete tees.
-I had a guide with me while I played who knew the course, but I could definitely see some areas where it would be easy to get turned around. I would suggest a map or guide when playing the course. The course also doesn't loop around all that great and has several weird/long transitions between holes.
Other Thoughts: I was surprised by how good this course was. To me, the overall rating does not reflect the quality of this course. While it is still a little rough around the edges, it's just a fantastic disc golf experience that gives you that secluded feel in the middle of a metropolitan area. Overall, this was my favorite course of the Columbia courses. I will definitely be back!

Underrated course

5+    10/6/2010   2/6/2011
Review By: filobedo
This review was updated on 5/26/2013
Pros: One of the most underrated courses in SC. The course has changed over the years with a couple of holes added and the old #2 being eliminated for the skatepark but I still enjoy it. Favorite holes include #2 which was a hole that was reversed with the redesign, #3 a tough hole for a 3, #4 and #7 are fun ace runs, #10 is a challenge,#13 a narrow long hole, #14 a long placement hole and new #18 is a challenge to get out of the alley and putt for 2.
Great mix of woods and open shots. Short and long tees.
Cons: I would like to see #8 to be redesigned with the tee being moved.
Other Thoughts: Many people do not like this course but I have never really heard any good reason why. Skatepark is also at course.