Plano, TX
Uploaded By: climber3201 Hole #16

Get there first!

1    7/4/2012   7/5/2012
Review By: lajoie24
Pros: I played this course for the first time and was impressed by its cleanliness - even down in the creek beds. There is a decent mixture of power and precision shots needed to do well. I was able to use my backhand, sidearm and overhand shots - that makes me happy. Everyone I encountered was extremely friendly.
Cons: The dirt tee pads were disappointing. They're not the worst I've played on (see Jimmy Porter for example), but would've preferred going home without dirty toes. The hole to hole transitions are poor and can be tricky. Be sure to bring the map provided by this wonderful site your first time out. The shared teepads, basket and fairways create an unstable feel to this course. When I played, there weren't many others out but could easily see the potential for chaos once it became busy. This mixed with a few fairways that "criss-cross" and the close proximity of some of the holes can be a bit dangerous at times.
Other Thoughts: I played this course early in the morning beating everyone else out there. Once a few players started to arrive, I realized I was the only one playing the holes in numerical order. If its not to intrusive to other players, try playing them in the following order...1,10,11,2,3,12,4,13,5,14,6,15,7,16,8,17,9 & 18. It helps a lot with the "flow issue" but doesn't do much for the "shared teepads/basket/throwing across fairways/stability" problems.

One if the original 9 Holers

5+    8/30/2010   8/30/2010
Review By: johnwangg
Pros: This course is a great course for beginners. It has some great holes like #4 and #6 (which require a good shot and some luck). The course is always well maintained. the creek really does not come into play as much as we would like, but you will see the creek should you have an irratic throw once in a while.
Cons: This course is very confusing if you are a visitor. They layout is a bit "funky". We have foud that if you plan it right, you can play the holes out of order you can finish it quicker, or if you play two holes at a time, it is easier. (you will see what I say if you play this course).
Other Thoughts: This is my home course, and typically people like there course better, but I'm not one of those. I go here often and play this course often, but I would play the two courses up the street in Mckinney or the other direction in Carrollton if I had the time. Its not as bad as most people giving reviews. You will see some of the best disc golfers in DFW at this course, so it cant be that bad.

Probably doesn't have to be an 18 hole...

2-4    7/16/2010   7/25/2010
Review By: guardianmol
Pros: Nice and open, i.e. hopefully not many lost discs. Good baskets. Decent tee boxes. Great distances.
Cons: Not a lot of shade, which is expected from the "nice and open" comment from above. Can be confusing if you don't take a pic of the course guide or have a friend along to tell you where you're going. Shared baskets and tees get annoying. A huge walk from 9 to 10, I usually cut my round short and call it a day here.
Other Thoughts: This really isn't a bad course, I just don't have much good to say about it. It's really nice if you live in east Plano and don't want to drive very far though. The creek can get a bit smelly some days, but it's easily ignorable. Be careful where you park, and driving on the first hole, cause your car can come into play with an errant drive.

One thing I've noticed about this course is it's either a love it or hate it course, I know people who absolutely swear by it and some who only use it as a last resort. I'd say I fall more in the latter category, but being fair I can't say it really deserves a "hate it rating." I would recommend you try it out and try to form your own opinion on it, just remember to bring a map or a guide.

It's a two-fer!

1    5/26/2010   6/19/2010
Review By: dreadlock86
Pros: -Nice teepads and baskets
-Great protected pins on many holes
-Some variety in distance
-Uses the terrain well, manages to create some interesting holes from a rather vanilla piece of land
-Several long open holes to bomb some big drives
Cons: -Mostly flat, often open
-Overlapping double-loop design is confusing and prone to creating back ups and crossing groups
-Creek is sort of an abyss, very treacherous to try and retrieve a disc
-A couple holes share a tee pad and/or basket
Other Thoughts: I played with a friendly group of locals that showed us the local route. A little less walking between holes and a better flow.

I thought it was a pretty fun round but it is a bit repetitive and unvaried. The pin placements are the best part of the course. I'm not sure that the size of this park warranted 18 holes but I guess it works.

**Like this review? Hate it? Message me and let me know why! I want to make them better!**

Decent Course

5+    11/16/2008   11/18/2008
Review By: jedimason
Pros: Course can be played in under an hour with the overlapping tees/pins. Designer did a pretty good job with what little landscape/terrain the park has to offer. Great beginner course. Usually not too crowded.
Cons: Two holes share same tee box and basket. Why every hole has a different pin but this one I don't know. There's plenty of park space by this one pin to add one more hole. Majority of holes are wide open with really only one path to birdie hole.
Other Thoughts: Not a destination course. Play it only if your in the area.

Alright

7/24/2008   7/26/2008
Review By: Frolffan24
Pros: Its a pretty fun course. Wide open on some holes and other holes hug the forest where I have lost a couple disks. Hole six is pretty fun.
Cons: Hard to find where to go because not very well marked and they made the back nine tee boxes the same as the front nine but there are different baskets for the back nine which makes it confusing.
Other Thoughts: Play if your in the neighborhood

Shawnee

2-4    8/31/2008   7/22/2008
Review By: sidewinding
This review was updated on 9/2/2008
Pros: There are some long open holes that really test your arm.

There are some interesting mandatories that add some technical shots to this pretty open course. Two holes share the same tee pad and basket but have different mandatories around a tree in the middle.

There is a very deep canyon like creek hazard to the left of a few holes but it's actually pretty easy to avoid.
Cons: To convert this course to 18 holes they just overlayed the new 9 holes over the same land as the original 9 holes which makes it confusing and a little boring because it feels like your playing a 9 hole course twice.

There is not enough shade.
Other Thoughts: They should have taken the money they wasted on 9 new baskets and used it to improve the original 9 like clean up the creek, plant some shade trees, put in concrete pads and good signs.