Plano, TX
Uploaded By: climber3201 Hole #11

Needs a new layout

1    5/6/2011   7/6/2011
Review By: Notorious21
Pros:
- Grassy fairways
- Reasonably challenging
Cons:
- Too much hole overlap, basically two nine hole courses overlayed
- Two holes have the same tee AND basket (throw to the right of the tree once, then to the left of it)... kind of lame
- No concrete tee pads
- They really ought to scrap the layout and start over with a single 18-hole course that flows in a single loop, not two overlapping loops

1    5/19/2011   5/19/2011
Review By: Frank-Flyer
Pros: The course is open and has a couple of pretty good holes. Several of the holes require some pretty good lines and skill. The baskets are solid and all intact. Did not notice trash everywhere.
Cons: There is little to nothing by way of signage on this course. If you don't know the course you will be confused. The entire course is back and forth on top of itself all 18 holes. It seems very dangerous. Several times someone inadvertently threw on me or me on them. Also a couple of the holes use the same tee (4/13, 8/17 etc...) I would assume that this was a space saver when designing, but it seems like it would be better off having those as alternate pin positions. The tees are dirt, while this in itself is not necessarily a con, they are in bad condition. Some of them are basically holes in the ground waiting to trip someone and sprain an ankle.
Other Thoughts: The park is great for casual rounds when you have plenty of time, to wait on others to clear for your shot. I wouldn't suggest going to be competitive or if you're in a hurry.

Fun, but course is too jumbled together

1    10/9/2010   10/10/2010
Review By: TerrenceJackson
Pros: This course is interesting, because it gets a lot of traffic, has some pretty awesome holes with decent lengths, and has practice baskets to get some putting in. Unfortunately, those are the only things I enjoyed on this course.
Cons: Tee Pads- several holes tee of from the same tee boxes. This is very problematic for me, and found myself waiting a couple of times to tee from the box to go to a different hole.

Baskets too close to one another- there are several times when I came across a basket just to see another 20 feet from it. Seems like a poor design.

Course directly in middle of residental neighborhood- This normally wouldnt be a problem, but one tee box is directly beside a fence, and others are so close to homes I was convinced I was going to misthrow and nail someone who was mowing their lawn. This is dramatic, of course, but it should give you an idea of how close everything is.
Other Thoughts: Overall, it is a great course if you are just getting started, but if you have any length on your throws, or are used to really great courses, then this is going to be a step down for you.

Disappointing Downgrade

1    2/13/2010   9/5/2010
Review By: Nonbigarmed
Pros: Before the extra 9 holes were added, this was a moderately adequate course that was a short drive. The scenery was good, and there was plenty of room for expansion.
Cons: The "extra" 9 holes that have been added constitute a major safety hazard. Some of the tees are within the range of other tees using the same basket. Even with the mandos that are listed, a bad throw will eventually cause someone to have a serious injury. The signage is inadequate, and the course map is not clear or easy to understand.
Other Thoughts: Having helped to design a course myself, I have to wonder why it was necessary to place the holes so close together. If the city would not allow expansion of the course to a reasonable size in that park, then perhaps a course should not be placed in that city...

One if the original 9 Holers

5+    8/30/2010   8/30/2010
Review By: johnwangg
Pros: This course is a great course for beginners. It has some great holes like #4 and #6 (which require a good shot and some luck). The course is always well maintained. the creek really does not come into play as much as we would like, but you will see the creek should you have an irratic throw once in a while.
Cons: This course is very confusing if you are a visitor. They layout is a bit "funky". We have foud that if you plan it right, you can play the holes out of order you can finish it quicker, or if you play two holes at a time, it is easier. (you will see what I say if you play this course).
Other Thoughts: This is my home course, and typically people like there course better, but I'm not one of those. I go here often and play this course often, but I would play the two courses up the street in Mckinney or the other direction in Carrollton if I had the time. Its not as bad as most people giving reviews. You will see some of the best disc golfers in DFW at this course, so it cant be that bad.

Probably doesn't have to be an 18 hole...

2-4    7/16/2010   7/25/2010
Review By: guardianmol
Pros: Nice and open, i.e. hopefully not many lost discs. Good baskets. Decent tee boxes. Great distances.
Cons: Not a lot of shade, which is expected from the "nice and open" comment from above. Can be confusing if you don't take a pic of the course guide or have a friend along to tell you where you're going. Shared baskets and tees get annoying. A huge walk from 9 to 10, I usually cut my round short and call it a day here.
Other Thoughts: This really isn't a bad course, I just don't have much good to say about it. It's really nice if you live in east Plano and don't want to drive very far though. The creek can get a bit smelly some days, but it's easily ignorable. Be careful where you park, and driving on the first hole, cause your car can come into play with an errant drive.

One thing I've noticed about this course is it's either a love it or hate it course, I know people who absolutely swear by it and some who only use it as a last resort. I'd say I fall more in the latter category, but being fair I can't say it really deserves a "hate it rating." I would recommend you try it out and try to form your own opinion on it, just remember to bring a map or a guide.

It's a two-fer!

1    5/26/2010   6/19/2010
Review By: dreadlock86
Pros: -Nice teepads and baskets
-Great protected pins on many holes
-Some variety in distance
-Uses the terrain well, manages to create some interesting holes from a rather vanilla piece of land
-Several long open holes to bomb some big drives
Cons: -Mostly flat, often open
-Overlapping double-loop design is confusing and prone to creating back ups and crossing groups
-Creek is sort of an abyss, very treacherous to try and retrieve a disc
-A couple holes share a tee pad and/or basket
Other Thoughts: I played with a friendly group of locals that showed us the local route. A little less walking between holes and a better flow.

I thought it was a pretty fun round but it is a bit repetitive and unvaried. The pin placements are the best part of the course. I'm not sure that the size of this park warranted 18 holes but I guess it works.

**Like this review? Hate it? Message me and let me know why! I want to make them better!**

Nice but Muddy

5+    2/15/2010   2/17/2010
Review By: Leo DeLaVega
Pros: Not to long and plenty of challenging holes. This 18 hole course has a little bit of every kind of hole. In the photos I have 16 hole layouts posted pleas review for more details.
Cons: Jogers
Other Thoughts: There are some great players that play on this course all the time, so keep your eyes out for an Ace shot!!!!

Two's a Crowd Here

1    12/23/2009   1/6/2010
Review By: Neuey
Pros: Some challenging/fun holes, not a great deal of walking needed, good mix of challenging and easy holes for groups of varying experience
Cons: I had two problems with this course: 1) sharing of tee boxes/baskets - It seems like there's more room in the park to have either added one or two holes, or at least to not have needed to recycle the same areas for multiple holes. This is only a major issue on one teebox/basket that becomes two different holes based on a different mando. 2) The teeboxes are very poor, especially after rain - Since they're not concrete, some wear and imperfection is expected, but I found most of them were unacceptable. I tried to X-step on my drive on a few of the holes, but the teebox was a small valley that my feet couldn't even fit between. On other holes, you have to go uphill as you're attempting to drive.
Other Thoughts: With a little more originality on some of the repeat teeboxes/baskets and some work on the teeboxes, this would definitely be a decent little course. As is, I wouldn't play it unless you're within close driving distance.

Squeeze ‘em all in there

1    7/29/2009   10/11/2009
Review By: Donovan
This review was updated on 10/13/2009
Pros: This course has some well placed and sometimes protected pins. These protected pins are the holes that make this course fun. The baskets are in good shape. The course uses the terrain around it, like the bit of forest, a drop off to a small creek and some sparse tree areas. There is a decent amount of hole-length variation. There were a few trashcans around.
Cons: The park seemed clean for the most part until you look down in creek area. There was trash everywhere down there. The dirt tee pads are functional if they are not wet. The main sign is old and not very helpful. Except if you lose a disc down in to the steep creek, this course is very flat. The tee sign were there, but were not of much use except for the hole number. The layout is not too difficult to follow, but the sharing of tees and baskets and mandos makes you really want to bring a map. The sharing of Tees, is not really negative for me, but the sharing of baskets is not my idea of a good course. I don't mind mandos at all, but if they are not marked clearly, they are useless.
Other Thoughts: The fun factor for this course was good with the holes that were in the tree areas but the open holes were just not very exciting. If this course is close to you, then you have a decent place to play. I would not recommend a road trip just play here. It does make a good neighbor hood course though.