Savannah (Pooler), GA
Tom Triplett DGC Share
Uploaded By: solomon.trenton Hole #9 (Taken 4/2010)
3 / 245ft.   3 / 375ft.   4 / 527ft.   4 / 527ft. Par / Distance:

Awesome Round

2-4    5/26/2013   5/28/2013
Review By: DNewq
Pros: - Some of the best tee signs on a course that I have come across. As others have mentioned there are 3 sets of tee pads throughout the course, which sounds confusing. The tee signs match up to the layout of each hole almost perfectly, making it alot easier to figure out.
- I played the blue tees and enjoyed my round. Would like to take a stab at the Gold tees next time I play here. It truly looks like a top notch layout from Gold.
- I personally thought the holes had a near perfect variation in terms of distances, woods/open. Plenty of challenges with the treelined narrow fairway. Forces you to play smart. Only minor comment from the blue tee layout was that the course seemed to favor doglegs to the left, only remember one dogleg right on the whole course.
- Sometimes this is overlooked, but ZERO litter on this course. That too me indicates that local players look after the course and make sure it doesnt become an eyesore of a multiple use park facility.
Cons: - You get the sense that when this course is busy, it really feels busy. The walking path is quite close to several holes, which could require you to wait on throws. I also get a sense that discs could be easily lost here, which would slow up play as well.
Other Thoughts: - All in all I had an awesome experience here. I went super early in the morning and the temps were perfect for late May, (I got lucky). The gate was open at that hour, so I wouldn't hesitate going at that early hour if that is your preference.
- Overall impression was fantastic. It seems as though the Savannah Disc Golf Club, really has it together, which makes me hopeful that they can get one or two more course installed in the Greater Savannah area, crossing my fingers.
- Fun challenging round, and have hence marked this course as a favorite, check it out.

Quite a course

1    3/12/2013   3/12/2013
Review By: ervin
Pros: The tees are varied, and not just longer. They are truly set up in a way to challenge those who want the challenge and play a lot easier for beginners or folks who would rather just take it easy and work on short game. The shots are varied, and the water comes into play a couple times. The drive from the gold tees on 14 is kind of daunting as it goes right over a pond into an alley with a mondo on the right. If you miss your shot, you're not going to part that one. Really an enjoyable round.
Cons: The back three holes were a little hard to find, but that's such a minor concern. I guess the lack of shifting elevations might be a con, but with so many fun shots why complain abou that? I really enjoyed this course.

Decent challenge

1    11/28/2012   12/30/2012
Review By: lukejones
Pros: This seems to be a solid semi-pro caliber course with plenty of challenges to keep the round interesting. If I played the course often, I could also see where the multiple tee locations would give a nice variety. Nice to have true par 4's and 5's vs. all pitch and putt par 3's
Cons: Navigation was a bit challenging for our first time playing the course, but we managed decently

Snakes!

Not as many memorable holes as at The Sarge, Trophy Lakes, Honey Creek, and W.R. Jackson course in Appling, but still challenging enough.
Other Thoughts: I wouldn't go out of my way to play the course again compared to others we played on our trip, but if I were in the area, I'd definitely stop by as it was fun and decently challenging.

Very Solid Course In Savannah

2-4    5/13/2012   5/13/2012
Review By: sillybizz
This review was updated on 9/3/2014
Pros: This is a very solid course in the outskirts of Augusta. There is a practice basket near hole one as well as a course kiosk and drop box bin which looks like it gets some use. The first couple of holes have some trees and don't look to be easy layup holes, but not pound you into submission holes right off the bat; I like a course that warms me up to the nasty stuff like this one does.The tee signs are incredible and a must in this park or things could get confusing fast. The color coding works well here with painted concrete pieces or wood stumps letting you know which pad you are at and gives you a 'you are here' type of sign and from there you can figure out which tee pad you want to play. Being that you have three different tee pads for each hole you have lots of options for what you can do to make the course interesting every time you come here to play. The designer(s) did an excellent job of making sure each tee pad challenged the skill level of the desired level; usually when multiple tee pads come into play the shorter tee pads are just put in to make something easier but here not so much. The other thing I love here is that there are different tee pads to some holes instead of just long, middle and short tee pads which is a breathe of fresh air to some of us.

I really love the punishing rough here; a lot of courses I've seen in Georgia have the same style of punishing rough that is so needed to challenge approach shots in a necessary fashion. Most of the ground cover is clear ON the fairway and then off the fairway is where you run into the thicker stuff which is the way it is supposed to be.

The mix of trees as an obstacle in an extreme way is used here but still keeping with being fair and though there is luck (there is always luck) it doesn't get to the point where you just throw and pray you make it through; there is a distinct line (or two or three or more) that you need to hit in order to be successful. After that you have the open holes which are trickier than they look. Most of these holes involve out of bounds in the form of paths or water and if thrown in the fairway could result in the disc going too far or skipping somewhere crazy with the rolling hills and drops off near or around the baskets.
Cons: Having multiple tee pads can get confusing to people who don't know their way around and if the course is busy the multiple tee pads can work against you in the form of speed of play. The tee signs helps out but you can still get lost. My second time playing I figured out just about all of the locations of the tee pads but I'm a course bagger and it's kind of my job. :)

When I played hole number six was either missing or taken out for some reason. We searched and searched and searched but never found it or even a sleeve or any evidence of where the hole would be even with the sign telling us distance and where the basket should be.
Other Thoughts: If you get a chance to get to Tybee Island there is an excellent seafood restaurant called "The Crabshack". There they have live alligators that you can feed with a bamboo pole and let's face it how many times can you say you did that in your lifetime? Also you can sit right on the water outside and eat amazing seafood with amazing ambiance. It gets busy on weekends but it is an amazing place.

5+    2/21/2012   2/21/2012
Review By: tiger5
Pros: Best course I've played in GA. Tons of signage and 5 different course layouts makes for a multitude of shots. There's not a boring hole on the course, the par 3's require a little distance or shaping depending on the hole, still makes you work for a birdie. You have pretty much every kind of shot on this course from long wide open fairways to really tight alley ways in the woods. I've never played a round and not found something to go home and work on for next time. Certainly a test for any disc golfer.
Cons: The only complaint I have is from the first time I played and it was a little tricky to figure out some of the tee locations (allow they are all on the signs at the tee pads) there weren't directional arrows pointing to the next tee just pathways. It's not hard to figure out but I could see how playing it for the first time you could get a little turned around. Other than that it's the best course within 50 to 100 miles.
Other Thoughts: This course is maintained by the people who play it and that says a lot when you see how nice everything is from the tee boxes to the painted signs, they've put a lot of work into this course and it shows!

Pooler

1    12/4/2011   12/5/2011
Review By: BobStutts
Pros: Absolutely great designed course. 3 different tees on every hole. The layout of the tees make it more than just distance but a completely different shot between the gold, blue and white tees. Baskets held discs well. Great open shots for the long distance guys and many shots in the words for a finesse player. Both left and right dog legs. Sometimes different on the same hole depending on the tee you chose.

Located in a great park with plenty of other things for those not playing to do. Very easy to get to.
Cons: Almost hate to write a con as much as I enjoyed the round. The tees could be very slippery when wet. I found one just that way. A few tees are just grass.
Other Thoughts: The players in that area should be proud. Simply a must play course if you are in the area. What a great design and tee signs. All three tees had information for the hole.

I would pay a entrance fee to watch someone using only the gold tees shoot par as marked. If you think you are a go for it banger you have got to play the course and challenge the lake.

The park signs say it opens at 8AM but I was there at 7:15 and it was open. The early morning wild life were great to observe.

Challenging and fun

5+    8/2/2014   10/25/2011
Review By: Will_S
This review was updated on 8/18/2014
Pros: - Great mixture of wooded/open and lots distance variation

- Signs at every tee pad

- Baskets are well maintained

- Course is always mowed and well maintained
Cons: - Tee pads leave something to be desired, but they're functional
Other Thoughts: - Be on the lookout for snakes (infrequent) and spiders (everywhere) on some holes. If you stick to the fairway you'll be ok.

Fantastic course for all skill levels and probably the best course within 100 miles. I've played 25+ courses and this course is still in my top 5.

Welcome to the Jungle

2-4    6/5/2011   6/7/2011
Review By: johndhjr71
Pros: This course is gorgeous! Great Tee Pad signs at every tee box. Multiple Tee Pads. I've played the from the Blue and the Red and both were challenging and fun. Good Flow. Practice Basket. I liked the variety of open holes, to tight fairways, to hyzer and anhyzer shots in the woods/jungle.
Cons: Snakes!!! The course has a good flow but could use more directional signs. I had to follow a local to get to the next hole several times. Make sure you bring insect repellant. Can't bring a dog!
Other Thoughts: This is a great course to play when its dry. I really enjoyed this course. The first time I played it I wasn't that big of a fan. Played during the Mosquito Madness Tournament and loved, loved, loved it.

Must Play In the Lowcountry

2-4    4/22/2011   4/27/2011
Review By: VB Chains
Pros: I play this course every time I go to HHI. Great mix of tees and varying holes. Very fun and challenging cousre for all skill levels. I love holes 2 & 4
Cons: Would be 5 rating if there were concreate tees.
Other Thoughts: If you have the choice between the Sarge or Tom Triplet pick Triplet. It worth the extra few miles. Bring bug spray.

Well maintained and fun course!

1    4/4/2011   4/4/2011
Review By: JMac
This review was updated on 4/7/2011
Pros: A great mix of dense and lightly wooded holes with a couple of holes to BOMB it on. The best signage I have seen with multiple tee locations and plenty of seating. Most tee's are spread apart so that you get a completely different look at the hole. A great course with good flow and scenery.
Cons: This park is very popular for good reason, so you will need to pay attention to what's around the bend before you RIP IT! Could use a few more trash can's and some of the tee pad's could use some work, like maybe concrete. The course holds a lot of water so give it some time after a good soaking or plan to putt from a puddle.