Brighton, UT
Uploaded By: Hitmetal Hole #7

Pretty, but painful

1    8/14/2011   8/18/2011
Review By: mrbigtoughguychris
Pros: Beautiful setting, clean air, not overly busy, long course (plan for 3 hrs or so).
Very Challenging.
Trees are easy to climb to retrieve your disks.
Cons: Bring your mosquito repellant, it will make the game 100% more fun when you not being eaten by the swarm of helicopter sized blood suckers.
In the summer the foliage is knee to waist deep and because of the intense down hills and up hills you are VERY likely to be looking for your disk for an extended period of time, if you don't lose it all together (we lost 2).
A very bright pink or orange disk of solid color is almost a must here. Everything else blends into the flowers or grass or weeds.
Course is really rough on your disks, I lost some chunks out of mine for sure.
Other Thoughts: Chairlift was $7 this year and I don't think you would really want to make the walk. The course is about 2 miles long on steep trails, up and down.
We fortunately met some very nice folks up there that were willing to share some of their Off with us, but up to that point it was miserable. I had 5 bites on my head, a couple on my neck and one on each limb. And that was in the first 3 holes.
This is not a very good beginner's course, it can be very frustrating and is somewhat strenuous walking up and down the mountain. I would not bring my girlfriend on her first outing, unless you want to permanently ensure she will never play again.
Wear good shoes and long pants, searching for your disk in the brush can really scratch you up.
I know I have complained a lot, but this is a truly great course, it is extremely challenging. Holes are very long, but still parable. Bring extra disks.
I shot 10+ (ouch), afterwards we went to the University Course and shot the front 9 twice, just to rebuild our crushed egos (we both shot par for 18 there).
A guy who goes to this course frequently said early summer/late spring, just after the snow melts is the best time to come, before the plants take over.
Definitely worth a shot.