4 Helpful / 0 Not
C- = a little below average for a 9 holer
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up in my list of 9 hole courses:
1) Holes with good risk/reward. Fair, but harsh punishment for bad decisions or execution. == C- (This course is crammed into a small space. The holes are very short. Only 2 come close to forcing you to hit a certain line to get your birdie. A big risk is hitting people since you are throwing over picnic tables on a lot of the holes. Not sure if there is any associated reward for actually tagging someone! :)
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities for me. I throw 300' accurately, 360' max. == C- (Short and relatively open holes make deuces expected on every hole....so not too much of a rewarding experience playing here.)
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography == C- (Flat course. As stated before, the holes are open or have enough routes between trees that the course does not force you to shape your shot in any particular way. 1 or 2 holes are slight exceptions to this.)
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion. == C (Not ugly, but not pretty. Just an average town park. No seclusion.)
5) Bonus points for multi-throw holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them. == N/A
Other Thoughts: It's all about feeding the addiction, so I ranked this course subjectively based on my own "personal addiction factor". The grades above tell how well the course will draw me back to itself again and again and again. Since I have played a decent number of courses (125 18-hole, 64 9-hole as of mid 2009), my hope is that players/explorers who have similar addiction tastes will find my ratings list helpful as they choose courses to play and explore.
I fully expect others with different tastes/philosophies to disagree with me....that's the fun of things here. See my profile for my rating philosophy.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.