Course Extinct
Uploaded By: jdawg2008 Hole #9
Hole 9 Sign

5+    12/25/2009   12/25/2009
Review By: mc lazer
Pros: The course makes good use of the creek on several holes. Wide variety of shot requirements and good putting helps alot, but I'd say the most beneficial is a great upshot from 200-100ft. If you can make alot of those you'll dig Pease. Especially if you can make accurate drives around 350. having a couple warm up baskets on site is a great addition to any course and the ones here are in large enough area you can practice those upshots you'll need to sink.
Cons: Too many bikers, hikers, walkers and people just sitting around enjoying the park. That's the trouble for golfers at a mixed use rec area. Little close to the road for my taste. Troll bums under the bridge that wanna bum you know what every time you walk through, and they're conveniently located by the tee box to disrupt your drive after you deny their request.

An Old Favorite

1    11/24/2009   11/24/2009
Review By: austoroc
Pros: A lot of variety in your shot-making decisions will be required. This makes for a challenging and fun round. All types of shots can be used here.

In my opinion, few of the best holes on the course is #5, #9, #11, and #14.
Pease Park is one of the more enjoyable course to play on and I still love the fact that it's right in the city.
Cons: The baskets. After playing at other courses with new baskets, I found Pease's old baskets to be a bit unpleasant. They have a tendency to spit discs out a bit too easily for my taste.

I still think the #6 hole is a bit too close to the road. That's my least favorite hole even though it's very short.

All of you locals should have Pease Park as your #1 course to take your out-of-town visitors.
Other Thoughts: When I played this course, it's been several months since my last round, and #6 basket is finally back in play.

If you showcase this course to your guests, then you should take them to Gingerman for a pint or two, or perhaps the Flying Saucer afterward.

1    11/6/2009   11/13/2009
Review By: Clark
This review was updated on 12/8/2009
Pros: Tons of variety! Hole signs are excellent. Some holes are heavily wooded, while others are wide open. You will use every shot for this course.

Austin skyline visible from many holes.
Cons: Dirt tee pads. Some holes share park space with other activities.

A creek runs through it!

2-4    10/22/2009   10/25/2009
Review By: sub ceroh
Pros: Tees are clearly marked and im a big fan of water shots and I love the creek that comes into play on several holes.Good elevation changes and trees in play.I enjoyed the scenery of Austin in the back ground. Multiple baskets for each hole made for a fun game. Great course and I will play again when in the Austin area!
Cons: No Concrete pads but I really don't think that is a con due to the fact that the course was so enjoyable. There where a few tree limbs down and some time of construction going on. It is possible to get lost or loose your way so bring a map.
Homeless guy under the bridge followed me till I finally gave him a cigarette.
Other Thoughts: If you are in Austin this course is a must!!!

Great in the winter

1    6/24/2009   10/6/2009
Review By: chalos13
Pros: great layout. I'm an average player, not awesome, and none of these holes felt impossible. I wasn't at par, but I never got the feeling that the hole was poorly laid out.
Cons: Played in june. i had to stop after nine, could not stand the heat. going back in the winter for sure.
Other Thoughts: someone else said this, but watch out for the homeless guys under the bridge. the creek isn't really deep, but looked like it might give you some kinda disease if you had to get in it.

Fun Course To Play

1    9/6/2009   9/9/2009
Review By: silvereagle2150
Pros: This course was a lot of fun to play. Pro, am, and novice tees are clearly marked on the ground with white and blue rope markers.

There are multiple baskets for each hole, which gives ample opportunity for a variety of shots.

The creek running through the course is treacherous in a couple places, but dry enough in most for disc retrieval. Other than the creek, very little chance to lose a disc.
Cons: No poured tee pads. Some of the pads were rocky and one might be inclined to test the pad out before throwing. I came close to twisting an ankle on hole 2 due to a couple deep rocks on the pad.

And bring a map if it's your first time playing. There are fairly clear paths, but even playing with a group, we managed to miss two holes midway and had to backtrack.
Other Thoughts: Austin (and most of Texas) is in the midst of a Stage 2 drought. Everything was extremely dry and bare, and while it didn't affect play so much, it doesn't make it as appealing to play in. The creek might be deceptibly dry as well.

No more construction or maintenance on the course anymore either.

Traveled to the Pease

1    8/17/2009   8/17/2009
Review By: Jethro33
Pros: A lot of interesting shots here. . . so long holes. . .some short holes.
Cons: a little hard to find some holes if its your first time. . .not really the course for novice players. . . my wife plays with me often and its wasnt very friendly. lol. . .

if there was some rain in texas i am not sure how you would get to some of the teeboxes from the previous hole. we crossed the creek/river several times in the low areas to make our way around the course.
Other Thoughts: there was a lot of maintenance going out with the city workers cutting down trees. there was a lot of shots that were taken away due to the trees being on the ground. . . once they are picked up i am sure it would be a lot nicer.

heads up when you are going under the bridge(holes 1-2 and 6-7) some people are under the bridge and will catch you off guard if you are not paying attention.

Fun challenging metro course

1    8/11/2009   8/12/2009
Review By: HRPufinstuf
Pros: Nice use of the creek and area features for being a "loop" course over relatively small area. Some really interesting / fun holes with a few choices on how to approach many of the holes. Nice mix of short and long - good shot variety needed. Over half the course has a nice canopy of trees which helps with the heat and forcing you to keep your shot down. The "water" is not really water except on one hole - so little chance of losing a disc that way. Well designed and makes the best use of the terrain.
Cons: Many T-boxes are in rough shape and are very uneven rock with a good chance to twist an ankle. Several holes do not allow for a natural run up - I ended up going off the the side on several.

The water along side 2 and 3 is just plain nasty. If my disc went in, it was going to stay there.

Basket locations on #9 T sign are misleading - it shows three placements and you see three baskets. I went for B since I am a lefty and didn't want to climb down the ravine if I overshot "C" - turned out B was really #16 basket. The map is very helpful and I would recommend taking one if you are on your own.

#18 basket location on the map is not quite accurate. It shows as in front of the parking lot in the middle - but its on the near side of lot, more to your left as you face fairway.
Other Thoughts: Overall a really fun place to play. The cons are things you see at many courses unfortunately. I got there at 8:30 am on a weekday and had the place pretty much to myself - saw two other solo players from a distance. By 10:30 it went from "damn hot" to mf'n - slap your momma hot. I would play this again - but in March!

Excellent course

5+    7/16/2009   7/17/2009
Review By: Buzz
Pros: This course was the first course I ever played and it is hard! Although I have now played this course countless times, I feel I always have room to improve here. There is a ton of variety with the holes. Each hole can be tackled using a bunch of different techniques, be it a Scooby, hammer, flick, etc.... Every round here shows as my friend put it " even though there is more air than tree...you are going to hit the tree!"
Cons: Hole number 11.
Other Thoughts: With Concrete Tee Boxes this course would be a 5 for sure!

Pease Park

1    7/7/2009   7/7/2009
Review By: sgb118
Pros: This course is really well designed, and is a really enjoyable round of disc golf. I went in the hottest part of the day, so there was no trouble with any other golfers or park-goers. Tee signs are the best, Houck design. The course is laid out winding around the creek that meanders through the park, and a few holes give you a small window to fly the creek to the basket on the other side. Every hole offers something new and fun; one thing I particularly liked about Pease was that it made me use shots I am less comfortable with. This was nice because I don't see how you could lose any discs out there, so you can throw those shots, and not have to worry about a potential mess-up. There were some really fun elevation holes that were nicely wooded, and there were also a couple of flat, open holes. Lots of shade made it a pleasant round, even in the heat of the day. All around great course...A must play in the Austin area.
Cons: Tee pads were heavily worn, and many had pretty good sized holes forming in them. You have to tee of next to some of them... All of the holes are fun, but it is a difficult course at times, and some newer players will take a while on them, luckily they all let me play through them today.

Unfortunately some jerk broke the sign on #13, so it is the only hole without a sign.

This isn't a course con, but take plenty of water... I ran out fast in the heat of July.
Other Thoughts: Wonderfully laid out course for the narrow strip of land the park is on in downtown Austin. I will definately play it again in the future.