Austin, TX
Searight Park Share

Great Place to Start

2-4    7/10/2014   7/16/2014
Review By: snevets
Pros: Good variety of holes
Alleys are well set off and not too narrow; good if you're at any skill level.
Great practice for first throwing straight and in the later holes throwing anny.
Cons: It does get busy, especially on the weekends or in the evenings.
It is largely a dirt course so it will get dusty out there and muddy if it has just rained.
Other Thoughts: This is quickly becoming my favorite course. Each time I go I see a new way to play a hole and it is developing my strategies.
Very close to DiscNation, if you've just bought discs this is a good course to break them in on.

SaWeet!!!

1    6/15/2010   9/10/2010
Review By: mavjr24
Pros: This is one of the most challenging and entertaining course I have ever played. The layout on this course was just perfect
Cons: I lost a disc there
Other Thoughts: Very cool course is definitely one of my favorite course and really cant wait to get back out there to try to up the game from last. If you have not played this course you really need too.

Great fun.

2-4    8/3/2010   8/4/2010
Review By: clipnfly
Pros: Wow! Courses are not like this in Chicagoland. Great place to play. Locals are courteous and polite. Course is in great shape. benches, trash cans, nice tee pads, great signage... it is all here... 18 great holes... a few w a bit of extra length... I am not a big arm guy, so the length here was plenty. Nice balance of lefty, righty and straight ahead shots. Lots of heat, but plenty of shady spots and places to sit and cool off for a bit. Wood chips for traction and decor where needed. Varied basket height I found to be a positive...variety. Course could be played with a small, light bag with few discs... just a fave putter, 1 big shot driver and a few mids for various choices. No skip shots or rollers due to terrain... but I get the feeling that these two shots are a bit limited in this area... overhead tomahawks and squatting shots for interesting tree situations will be needed. And the trees like to catch and hold discs a bit...In my home area trees drop discs easy. on 3 occasions I was tossing rocks at my disc to get it back... and good thing there is no shortage of rocks here.
Cons: None... Could not identify any when I was playing and sitll none upon reflection.
Other Thoughts: As I was playing, at about the 12th or 13th hole I was thinking through my upcoming review and running the course through my head... all good thoughts... but then I decided... what this course is missing is a signature hole... 1 hole that stands out, exemplifying what the course is all about... and leaving behind a solid memory of having played here... Then I came to hole #15... This is it. This is the sig hole for this course... beautiful... Long downward shot... great terrain... beautiful view, just narrow 'nuf to punish you if the shot is a bit off... and then I got to #16... this one is not a unique as #15, but... what a great hole... I could play this hole 18 times and call it a course... and then when I was done I came back to the beginning... Hole #1 is like a mini version of hole #15... so, this course has it all. Great place to play... and all of it memorable. I will play here every time I visit Austin... does not hurt that the disc golf superstore is across the street. BONUS!

Good Course

1    7/1/2010   7/6/2010
Review By: blake918
Pros: This course has tons of fun hidden inside! I've played Circle C and this course compares to it being the little brother with shorter holes, and more beginner playability. the course has beautiful concrete pads a running creek and great markings and signage.
Cons: played after a rain has clay like mud everywhere will mess up your shoes but other than that nothing is wrong
Other Thoughts: If Circle C was too tough try out this course it will not upset

Very fun, closed in, great course

5+    3/31/2006   10/21/2008
Review By: fly_hyzer
Pros: Course is on small footprint, it works its way around itself, making for quick play if not crowded. Shots are tight with a lot of looks at different shot types, short holes offer attempts at accurate ace runs, and sweet hi tomahawks and thumbers. There are still moderately long holes that seem even longer when forced to keep it within a tree lined fairway. This course is set back in a park, is super tree-lined, and has few if any residential areas backed directly up to it, making it very friendly to relax and enjoy yourself during your round......
Cons: Trash sometime isn't emptied promptly and begins to stink...but other that this rare issue this course is my personal favorite. If I were to give it any negative criticism it would be that this course lacks a reeeally long hole, if anything this course plays on the short side, but does so very well.
Other Thoughts: I haven't played this course since the ability to reverse it can about, so can't really review "seawrong" but I plan to make my way through there over thanksgiving, so we'll see. As for others saying this course is confusing, I can see this a little as at 3 you have to pick the correct direction where acouple holes walking paths cross one another, but truthfully, this course has fairways and walking paths that are clearly delineated and as long as you don't try to double back down the hole you just threw, you should be ok.

Also, as far as dirt tee boxes go, this is was a norm in Austin the last I lived there (3 yrs ago). I asked Dave Moody on afternoon at his disc trailer at Pease and the vague recollection of this conversation boils down to the city wouldn't permit concrete tee pads either for tax/budget/funds allotment issues or zoning issues...don't know exactly, but it was basically some bureaucratic bullsh&t on behalf of the city of Austin. Hopefully this has changed in the past couple years.