San Marcos, TX
TxState Campus West Park Share
Uploaded By: MacGyver214 Hole #10 (Taken 3/2009)

Disc in the Drain

1    10/8/2011   10/11/2011
Review By: gek76
Pros: A variety of holes. A few long open holes so you can really see how far you can throw. Some tight and technical holes that will test your accuracy and control. Course was easy to find and park was convenient to first and last hole. Baskets where in good shape. Some interesting mandatory obstacles.
Cons: Dirt tees that were very uneven and filled with water or turn very slick after a rain. No signs at tees, there were some some small temporary Disc Craft flags stuck at the tees with a number written on them but due to the rain these where hard to read or missing. It was hard on hole 2 to know what basket to throw. Turns out you throw over the basket for 14( Safety Hazard? ). Getting from 12 to 13 was a chore. A majority of the holes are laid out in the drainage area for the college. Seeing as how it had just rained this meant there was tons of mud and squishy ground.
Other Thoughts: I will admit that playing a course right after or during the rain is not the best time to see a course for the first time. However there were things missing from this course that were not caused by the rain. Tee pads where some of the worst I have played on. If I hadn't printed off a map before coming I would have been lost and since they moved a couple of holes I still had to do some searching. This course is not stroller or cart friendly. Being that is runs next to and crosses roads I would guess it isn't very dog friendly.

I had high hopes for playing a course on a college campus. I figured I would find a course that was taken care of and a source of pride for the school. What I found was a course that felt like it was just throw onto some useless land by some guys trying to hide it from the rest of the school. With great courses like Circle C Metro just a few minutes north I very much doubt I will ever play this course again.