Missouri City, TX
Missouri City Community Park Share
Uploaded By: ERicJ Hole #2 (Taken 4/2012)

2-4    4/23/2013   4/24/2013
Review By: c_a_miller
Pros: This is a very pleasant neighborhood course that sits in a secluded part of the park. This means that you should not have to contend with any other patrons at the park.
The tee signs that are present are very nice and descriptive. The baskets also have big numbers facing the tees. Navigation on the main 9 holes should not be a problem.
There are a few hills. Something that is unique in Houston.
I find the baskets to have good placements. No hole seems too open. Most baskets are guarded by trees or blind shots (#5) from the tee.
The alternate tees - if you can find them - add distance to the course. The front nine aren't too short but it is nice to add a little bit of distance.
There is a map at the start of the course showing the main 9 holes.
Cons: I do not think this course is played enough for the tee pads to be worn it to a good point. Some of the tee pads are starting to turn to dirt.
Especially in the spring and growing seasons the grass can be very long and the park does not seem to mow frequently. The grass is not long enough to lose discs but it is long enough to make you annoyed when walking around.
Even with a lack of rain the course seems to be muddy near the low lying areas. There are bridges to help but the one or two that are present are not always enough.
Other Thoughts: In this Houston area this is probably the second best nine-hole course in town behind Northside Christian Church.

There are alternate tee pads marked with tiny bricks. These can prove to be challenging to find, but most of them are worth it to find. Use the map on DGCR to find the tees.

All in all this is a good course to come out and play if you are close. This would be a great course to have in any community.

Jim from NJ

2-4    12/18/2012   12/19/2012
Review By: JamesJosephMarks
Pros: 1) This is a very nice course for someone of my age, level of play and ability to throw for distance.
2) It is neat and clean.
3) It is a much safer environment than some of the city courses I have played.
4) It is set-apart from the other sports areas, so other people are not wandering through the course.
5) Baskets have large numbered signs facing the player.
Cons: 1) I couldn't find the sign-board and "tee-box" for #5 - I eventually noticed 2 small orange flags and thin wires in the ground where the tee box should be.
2) The sign-board on #9 is missing the sign.
3) I only found one alternate tee area.
4) Better tee boxes would be helpful and provide a much better rating.
Other Thoughts: 1) The course is extremely dry - it didn't even seem like it got any of Sunday's huge rain storm.The grass is mostly brown. Sadly, many of the small trees are dead.
2) Be careful of the hundreds of ant hills hidden in the long grass.
3) As a newcomer, I always think it would be helpful if the basket showed the direction of the next tee area. On this course, it is not that important.

Great Course

2-4    6/19/2012   6/20/2012
Review By: Jefflogix
Pros: 1. Well designed holes with lengths that challenged me.

2. Just enough obstacles to have to think about your shot.

3. Grass was not too long.

4. Course separated from other parts of the park.

5. (Pro for me) No real hazards where you would lose a disc. No water.

6. Good drainage. Not a lot of pooled water except for the designed drainage ditches.

7. Hole map and distances on most holes except holes 5 and 9.
Cons: 1. Tee boxes were muddy after a big rain. Cement or asphalt would be better.

2. Only 9 holes. Would be better if it had 18.

3. Alternate tees were not well marked / easy to find.
Other Thoughts: This is the kind of course I really enjoy. Not too difficult that it is impossible, but just enough difficulty to challenge me. If you have a long arm, many holes are birdiable. It is a 30 minute drive from my house, but I plan to make several more trips out here. Lots of fun.

Wide open weather!

1    11/5/2011   11/5/2011
Review By: TrickyTay
Pros: This was a fun course! Weather has been outstanding! I have been searching for a course like this since I have been home. This is course is about having fun and just throwing some distance discs. For mid level players I recommend this course.
Cons: There are a few challenges along the duration of the course. But its all about control that will avoid these obstacles. Tees boxes could use some work.

Great course for all!!

1    5/18/2011   5/19/2011
Review By: piazzata
Pros: GREAT COURSE! First time playing the course by myself and I had NO trouble figuring the course out. Right when i got out of my car I could see the sign for hole one. Every hole had a good map showing i clear overhead view plus the distance (except #5 and #9 are missing).
Cons: Make 9 more holes! I would have like a true tee box, not just an obvious dead pile of grass i should throw from. If alternate tee boxes existed... i did not see them...
Other Thoughts: A great course for you and some friends to go have a good time at. Perfect for beginners and a good confidence booster for amateurs! Id recommend advance players try only using their putter or mid range combo.

Toto we aren't in Missouri anymore

1    1/10/2011   2/6/2011
Pros: 1) A lot of time and effort was clearly put into the undulations on this course. It is cool to see earth moving performed for the design of a disc golf course, something that pobably ha snot been done on many courses ever so this is very unique. It almost has the feel of an old executive par 3 golf course but EricJ said that was not the case, it was done specifically for this course.

2) 9 Mach baskets with # plates facing the tee. This is always nice to see the installation done properyl.

3) This course has a little bit of length on a few holes. Play the longer alternative tees for even more distance. There is a good variety in hole distance from each tee also, which results in a few multiple shot holes for those that cannot throw 300'+. I like this feature forcing some longer approaches along with some holes that are parkable distance around 200-250'.

4) This seems to be a really nice clean park. There are some other activities in the park like Baseball, soccer, and some other activities. Plenty of parking for all users it seems

5) Main course map page listed at the first tee area along with a DGCR page on the backside, it has distances and a decent map of the total course.

6) Tee signs have a decent diagram, Hole # and distance listed. They are easy to spot and help with navigation, although the flow isn't always intuitive.

7) This course has EricJ as a guide and I was thankful to get in a round with this DGCR legend. He also birdied #9 (380')with a parked drive, that was am impressive feat, and he didn't even make it look like he put in a ton of effort. He also gave me on of his legoman mini's. That was a cool thing to do!

8) I am sure wind can be a factor out here because there are not a whole lot of trees to affect the wind patterns. This would be an added feature to a course that doesn't present a ton of challenge other than through distance.

9) The course is completely removed from the rest of the parks activities. Its always nice to not have to worry about people walking all over the place.

10) This course seems to be very clean and well maintained. That is always a plus for how a course feels.
Cons: 1) There are not enough obstacles for my liking on this course. There usually is just a couple things to avoid on this mostly open "park-like" course. I much prefer technical disc golf over bomber open courses, probably because there is more thought and less "arm" needed.

2) Turf tees always leave a little to be desired although these seemed to be in decent shape. I would guess this course gets a fair amount of play and the tees seem to be in better shape than I would have expected.

3) No garbage cans or benches ont his course at all that I can remember.

4) Flow isn't always intuitive, meaning you can find youself thinking the next hole is one way and it actually is the other. It isn't horrendous because you can always look for the next tee sign/post, but it just seemed strange ina few locations.

5) The course takes up a fair amount of space considering it is only 9 holes. There is a lot of unused open space between holes, which is only a negative because the walks between holes get slightly extended.

6) Undulations and drainageways seem to cause low lying water in spots. We played the day after a rain and while most of the areas we walked were ok, the low spots seemed to retain a little bit of the moisture.
Other Thoughts: There aren't a whole lot of criticisms of this course but I simply cannot give it a higher rating than a 3.0. It isn't my style of course and that is how I rate courses. It is a decent course if you enjoy mostly open bomber type holes. i simply have no way to play this course at my current level without having a lot of mediocre drives with simply upshots to layup for a tap in 3. That doesn't fit the way disc golf is supposed to feel. If I were to improve and add 50' to my drives I could see enjoying this course more than I do at this current level. It isn't a bad course it just doesn't fit my likes and dislikes at this point.

The undulations around the baskets are sort of unique, but they are not severe enough to really affect play that much.

SO while my 10 pros and 6 cons might lead you to believe i might rate this course (3.42 average) along the same lines as all the other people, remembr how I rate courses, based ont he liklihood I would return. I am pretty sure I would only go back to this course to play the alternative tees, or if my skills improved to where the 300-350' holes were reachable by me. It simply became a drive, a simple upshot, and a tap in putt for 3. That is boring and gets old.

Simply put, I just wish there were more obstacles and more variation in the holes, then I could see upgrading the score I gave it.

A good, balanced course

1    10/1/2010   10/5/2010
Review By: MikoDisc
Pros: Varying lengths of holes, some longer and open and others with challenging tree configurations.

Well-marked tees with good signage. Most baskets still have heads.

Nice variation in putting areas, sometimes with inclinations or near-by brush.

Tranquil setting, mostly.

During rainy times, I imagine the drainage gullies would add interesting water hazards.
Cons: Ants.....lots of ants.

I couldn't locate any alternate tees.
Other Thoughts: The course is close to the main part of the park, but not too close. The park is pretty expansive and finding the course may be a little difficult.

2-4    1/7/2010   2/4/2010
Review By: bobbeno
Pros: This course is quickly becoming my new home course, even though it's 20 mins. from my house. Well maintained, clean and trimmed with little or no drainage problems. Nice tight 9-holer with a few trees and ex-sm. elevation changes.
Cons: Kinda hard to get to, unless you live in the area.
Other Thoughts: Stay center to center-left on #4

Wide Open Spaces

5+    8/9/2009   9/29/2009
Review By: Adam281
Pros: Great distance on most holes. Clean and well kept. Pretty easy to navigate with minimal tee searching. Very few trees, extremely wide open!
Cons: Wind, wind, go away, come again another day! It's so open, it can be frustrating on a windy day. Most baskets are on small hills, making putting quite challenging- if you miss, your disc may go a rollin.....
Other Thoughts: Great course. I've played here over a dozen times, and I keep having that hankerin for some 'Community Park'.

A wide open 9 holes.

2-4    1/31/2009   2/2/2009
Review By: srm_520
This review was updated on 3/30/2010
Pros: Very open layout for big forgiving drives. Looks to be an old links style golf course feel, so most holes have a minor elevation change near the pins - enough to challenge a person. Good length with driveable holes, but no real gimmies.

The course is very trimmed, and the baskets and grass tees are in great shape.

BEST HOLE/S: #1
Cons: The tee marker on hole five is damaged, and you had better play with someone who knows the course if you plan on playing alternates. Since we didn't print a course map off the website, we ended up skipping five, and couldn't find the bricks.

Such an open course - a person will feel the breeze coming off the coast. No water, (which can be a pro or con), but this feels like it could be a sister course for people tired of playing TC Jester. Less trees, but 6-9 feel exactly the same. I still believe TC Jester is better, but this is still a course worth your time.

WORST HOLE/S: #2
Other Thoughts: If your playing The LINKS at Quail Valley a couple of miles away, and getting progressively angrier as I was, then recharge yourself by playing this course. This is also the "man, there is a lot of wind, so the LINKS would kill me" alternative.