Lost in Space
3 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: Lots of land to work with, huge Park with creeks, pond, elevation changes, and a fair amount of trees for the area.
Hole # 10 is the signature hole. Two live oak trees guard an easy shot down a draw from the top of a hill - beautiful shot.
The course is well manacured fits discretely into the hills.
Cons: This list is long and well earned.
1. Finding the parking area next to hole #1 is difficult at best. The directions do not even mention that there is a parking lot right next to hole # 1. They direct you to the park and hole #1 doesn't have parking inside the park - you have to leave to find the parking area.
2. The map isn't accurate - holes and tees are not really where they say that they are. I thought that I was geo-caching with my cell phone trying to find the holes (all of them).
3. Hole #1 breaks some of my cardinal rules. You throw towards an area intended for people.
There is a park bench, ducks, trash cans, a pond and no "Mando" to go around. In order to get par you almost have to go straight for the basket right through the melange of hazards.
4. Baskets are old, rusty and do not have number plates. The rely on the Discraft sticker on the pole inside the chains. This was a bad idea 15 years ago - it hasn't changed. Now, people have scratched the numbers off, they are so moldy you cannot discern what basket you are throwing at, and in one instance there are two baskets about 20 yards apart (with no numbers on either).
5. Hole 5 doesn't exist. So don't waste time trying to find it.
6. Baskets are located across roads and hiking/biking paths. With all the land that they have to work with, this seems ridiculous.
7. There are multiple tees for hole # 10 So many in fact that they seem to be everywhere - and make finding hole # 11 obscure.
8. The tee boxes don't exist - they are mud patches with either a blue (long), red (medium) or white (not sure) 2 ft post in the ground that may or may not have the number carved into it.
9. From 10 - 18 you seem to cross pedestrian paths several times. Disc Golf has a bad enough reputation (unearned) but we do not need to be throwing at people to add to the rap.
10. The baskets are old and grey - they have no color and make it difficult to spot.
11. No tee signs, no signage at all (even at hole 1).
12. I didn't see the need for multiple tees/ placements on hole 10. It confused me, so I guess that others might be confused too.
Other Thoughts: I guess that I was disappointed mostly. Disappointed in the lack of attention, disappointed in the missing basket, and disappointed in the old run-down tired course that is suffering from old age and apathy. I hope that someone takes on the challenge and revitalizes this course. It could be a really good course with a little attention and some TLC.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.