Corpus Christi, TX
Hole #6 Blue Tee

Should have been fun

1    8/9/2010   8/9/2010
Review By: The Crit Piece
Pros: From what I saw (see Cons/Other thoughts), this is looks to be a really fun course. Its not heavily wooded but the cleverly placed tees/baskets make for some moderate/hard shots over and through small groves. The trees seem to catch discs so that adds a challenge. Some holes are on the longer side. Coming from higher altitude and throwing in the heavy air makes you feel like a beast. Plan on lots of Hyzer Flips.
Cons: Poor tee quality, no signage, hard to find tees and baskets.
Maintained based on the fact that there is a school right next to it with a football field instead of the fact that its a potentially awesome course.
Let me say, I am from Colorado. How does anyone play in this heat/humidity? We came well prepared with gatorade and water and got there around 7:30am to beat the heat. It was unbelievably hot. Kudos to anyone who is commited enough to disc to play in this heat on a regular basis.
My main complaint was the bugs (I know that can't be helped) By hole 3, I was so covered in mosquitoes that I stood up from swatting them to tell my buddy I was getting eaten alive and he had 10-15 on his back biting him THROUGH HIS SHIRT. It was like something out of a horror movie. Tons of bug spray is an absolute must although you will likely sweat most of it off after 9 holes so bring extra and reapply.
If your shot goes in the water on 1 or the revine just convince yourself you never liked that disc anyway and move on with your life. The water is ill.
The super high grass is a nightmare and it eats discs.
Watch out for the huge red ant hills.
Other Thoughts: Maybe we were in Corpus at the wrong time (we were) and maybe we just caught a particularly bad morning (we did) but it was a shame we had to pack it in early because this course looked like a ton of fun. Maybe winter is a better time to play? Had a lot of fun tossing some more over stable discs in the heavy air. If they would spray more often for mosquitoes, this is a really solid course. Feel like we really missed out on an awesome round due to the tough conditions

West Guth Park

1    8/21/2009   8/21/2009
Review By: sub ceroh
Pros: Another public park course that is well kept up. Trees, sand,and water in play and there are multiple tees. Nice to play a 18 hole course since most are 9 in this area. As usual lots of wind due to the ocean which makes this course more fun. Nice layout and elevation changes but mostly flat.IF YOU ARE IN THE AREA THIS IS THE COURSE TO PLAY.
Cons: There is no map on the course so use the one from DGCR as it is a bit confusing.