Fond du Lac, WI
Adelaide Park Share
Uploaded By: Scott L. Kuhns Hole #5 (Taken 8/2013)
3 / 235ft.   3 / 235ft.   3 / 235ft.   3 / 235ft. Par / Distance:

1 2 Next >
 nice little course

5+    7/29/2009   7/29/2009
Review By: tallpaul
Pros: Holes #1, #3, and #17 are holes you would enjoy anywhere. There is a lot of elevation here and buckets placed on hill sides; thus, landing placement is important. This tests you're skills is that area. Regarding navigation: the side of the chains have been painted red in the direction of next tee. Sounds like it would not work that well; but, actually this an extremely useful tool at this course; which has been redesigned a number of times. I repeat; RED PAINT ON CHAINS, will lead you easily to next tee. Water holes on the course are nice. #6 and #17 are solid/fairly difficult water holes. Nice tee signs and tee pads; concrete. I believe yardage on #2 is incorrect; hole does not play 360, but other than that, yardages seem to be correct.
Cons: This is a short course. Advanced or better players will need to make putts and score on most holes. Disc course has been relatively full nearly every time I've been there.
Other Thoughts: As with most courses, wind adds to the difficulty of play. With many pins located on hillsides, this course plays tougher than many courses in windy conditions. Adelaide was originally a nine hole course. As an 18, it is rather short, but a nice enough course all the same. I believe the latest layout has used the water the best of all designs. Holes #5 and #13 should IMOH be placed even closer to the pond edge for added toughness.

Mellow Course

1    6/24/2009   6/25/2009
Review By: Sensai Scuba
Pros: On certain days when the weathers 90 degrees and not a cloud in the sky, you don't really want to be looking for your frisbee in a massive tree or clump of bushes. This course has nice distances, real nice hill shots structured around a big hill in the middle and launching in three different directions I think... at least two different dierections and then back up one of the sides lol. I did lose a wolf to the pond on hole 17, I was upset because I'd been having a really good game of 6 under playing them all par three and then boop... in the water with my wolf. There were people swimming around feeling the bottom for frisbees, seemed a very relaxed course for being next door to a skate park. This course has all the major disc golf food groups (water/wood/field/trick) it just lacks difficulty which is what makes it oh so perfect for a blazing day in the sun.
Cons: The markings are confusing. You put a frisbee in a basket and then look around... and look around... then you see a sign rotated in your direction and that's where you go. It's bad for a first timer to the course but if it's in your backyard it's not a problem.

Just Okay

1    5/22/2009   5/22/2009
Review By: Geoffro
Pros: Pretty park, allowed the illusion of being in a relatively natural area while in the city. The pond in that forms the structure of the back 9 is aesthetically pleasing, as well as providing a hazard for several of the holes.

I really enjoyed the elevation changes on many of the holes; throwing both up- and downhill. The baskets in most cases provide good hazards, from the hole one tee pad you can see the basket through a small tunnel in a large group of trees and bushes that realistically you have to throw around, but that tunnel is awfully tempting. Lots of little things like this make the course endearing.

Hole 17 is special, a nice long drive down a narrow fairway, with the pond shore on the right and deep hill into bushes on the left.

Easy to find, and within range of many necessities given that it's right in town. Good tees, baskets are in good condition, locals were friendly.
Cons: If you play this course regularly, I'm sure you have a great time with it. I struggled due to the lack of signage to literally find where I was going. Only the first two holes have tee signs, and while some baskets have arrows pointing in the vague direction of the next tee, and some tee pads have a small arrow pointing to the next basket, it's really hard to tell where you are going. After throwing my drive on hole 6, I approached the basket only to discover it was labeled 8. I looked to my left and found myself looking at basket 5, which was not the basket I holed out 5 in (my basket was also marked 5).

Complicating matters, the fairways are generally wide open, and not specific to one hole or another, making things even more difficult in terms of navigation. I played all the holes (I think), but couldn't score the round because I couldn't assure what hole was what on several.
Other Thoughts: From what I gather, this course is being restructured, or has been, and this would explain a lot of the problems I had. I felt as though with the proper signage, the experience would have been much more enjoyable to me.

Still, this course is never going to be world class - it's just not that type of course. With correct signage, I would rate it a 3.0.

That having been said, the course is a lot of fun. The elevation changes are smart how they are designed, and provide for lots of challenge. The use of the pond as a hazard on several holes is also well done. In spite of the problems, I had fun with this course.

If someone wants to let me know if new signs get put up, I would gladly re-play and re-review the course.

Glad I stopped by

1    4/19/2009   4/21/2009
Pros: 1) Course uses all of the property features well. 4 or 5 holes have water that is definitely in play. A handful have baskets tucked near or surrounded by trees. The finishing hole is a tunnel shot down a corridor of large mature trees. Elevation comes into play on 4 or 5 holes, although those baskets are in the wide open so the elevation is the only interest on those holes.

2) Nice concrete tee pads on every hole. Baskets are also in good condition. Tee areas have sign posts near most holes, but are missing signs (This isnt vandalism here it is becuase the course was just totally changed, so they havent gotten new signs yet.)

3) Forces you to think about your shot on most holes. Only a couple are staring right at you, the other have different options for getting to the basket.

4) Nice park in with other amenities, but the disc golf is on its own int he park which I always factor into my review. Its nice to disc golf and not have to worry about hitting other people doing other things. The only issue would be if people were fishing in the big pond!

Cons: 1) Missing signage because it is new, but I am sure that will be taken care of soon.

2) Only one or two long holes so the distances get a little boring, but since most holes have some other obstacle it isn't completely boring.

3) Grass is still very thin on this course because it was seeding in October. It should fill in as things start to grow now, but for the time being if it is wet it could be a little muddy.

4) Lots of garbage and stuff around the pond, although it looks like the pond is an overflow for the rainwater system or something because of the massive pipes feeding into it by hole #16.

Other Thoughts: I played this course on my way to a tourney in Berlin at Riverside Park. I played 2 more courses after the tourney and had fun at each course. This was the most well rounded I played. I did like Winnebago County better but this course had its own uniqueness and I am glad I played it too. I wanted to get back to pull out the two discs I saw (one in pond one in river) but it got dark.

Nice

6/4/2008   6/4/2008
Review By: andymeunier
Pros: Nice course with a few well placed trees to challenge you. A few elevation changes as well. Very well maintained and not crowded. There is a very interesting hole between a pond and a stream!
Cons: There are a few places to loose discs pretty easily. When I was there, there were three baskets missing. Most of the holes are just strait away and not to many obstacles.

Nicely Maintained

8/18/2007   5/6/2008
Review By: FoleyT
Pros: Nice course, well trimmed grass in an attractive multi-use park. Some elevation, some trees, a large pond and a small but deep stream come into play on several holes.
Cons: Was quite windy on the day we played it which made the water holes a little more dangerous. Not easy to play just the front 9 or back 9 due to the design of the course (after nine you are stranded on the far side of the layout, rather than returning you back to the parking lot)
Other Thoughts: A little longer on some of the holes, and with some rearranging, this could be a first class course.

Adelaide Park Review

2/26/2008   2/26/2008
Review By: Dahminator
Pros: Really fun course. I love the first 70% or so (the last few holes are "blah" to me). There are several holes where you can just launch on.
Cons: It is a course that could be easy to lose a disc on. On certain holes, I recommend that you have someone go ahead and watch where your disc lands. There is a fairly large pond to worry about.

1 2 Next >