Adrian, MN
Adrian DGC Share
Uploaded By: Hamilton Hole #2 (Taken 3/2010)

Expected a little more

1    6/26/2010   8/13/2010
Review By: mndiscg
Pros: -18 holes
-Chains were decent
-Holes were not too short although close
-A few trees here and there as well as a creek for obstacles
-Map and scorecard in office so make sure you come during course hours
-You could camp here and play too
-Good for beginners, not too hard
-Holes 10 and 11 were fun. Hole 10 was very long and let you air it out. Hole 11 was a short shot with the basket perched on the side of the only hill on the course.
-Close to I90 and easy to find.
Cons: -Not enough challenge for intermediate or advanced players. There are a few trees but not thick enough to provide a lot of challenge. The stream isn't really close to the baskets and isn't much of a challenge
-No elevation
-Layout is poor, would be very confusing without map. If multiple groups are on the course you may be throwing close to other tees/fairways
-Tee pads are natural
-Signage is faded to the point of not being visible anymore
-Camping could come in the way of the course at times
-Holes were pretty repetitive, not a lot of shot shaping, it was mostly straight shots with distances varying slightly
Other Thoughts: Like the previous reviewer I expected this course to be great due to the other reviews. It was a decent 18 but nothing special. It is probably worth a stop if you have time and are traveling by on 90.

Plain and simple

1    3/17/2010   3/27/2010
Review By: Hamilton
Pros: The baskets were all present and intact. There are wooden marker poles for each hole. The camping site is nice, and bathrooms are available in the middle of the course. Very short walks between holes, and not much confusion on the layout, especially with the map on here.

The park was very nice and well kept.

Unfortunately for this course, I didn't really have any memorable holes. See con section.
Cons: Natural teepads are not necessarily a con, but the ground was not very firm, so it was hard to have a decent run-up. The poles at the tees were numbered, but that was the only information I could find other than what was on the map.

All of the holes were flat, plain, mostly short, and uncomplicated. I don't know that much of that could be changed due to the available land, but there were certainly not too many challenges there, LOTS of deuce opportunities.

The land that this course was on definitely holds a lot of water. The melting snow really did a number on the course, as there were a couple holes that I chose to skip due to very large collections of standing water that I was not willing to wade through to find my disc if I did not clear it.

As previously mentioned, I was not a big fan of the heavy chains. The baskets are nice, but there is something about those chains that didn't fit. Your disc just hit them and stops. The chains don't really "catch" your disc. Also, we all know the most satisfying sound of DG is the CHING of the right type of chains when you nail a put. If you are lucky on these baskets you might get a slight "clink".
Other Thoughts: I was disappointed when I got to the course, as it was rated a 4 here on DGCR. I have played several world class courses, and I must say, this is most definitely not a 4 in my opinion. It was close to my travel route, so I had thought it would be a bonus along the way.

My rating of 2.5 is to say this course is average at best, and the only thing keeping it from being a 2 or below is the fact that it had nice facilities and was very well kept and easy to access.

Maybe a redesign or some forced mandos could make this a slightly more challenging course in the future.

I would not avoid this course if you need to kill some time in the area, but really there is not much else around to visit for unless you have to travel to the area for another reason. If you happen to be camping here, it could be a fun thing to do while you're there.