Paducah, KY
Paducah DGC Share
Uploaded By: tdortch Hole #2 (Taken 3/2010)

Has grown on me.

5+    4/20/2014   4/20/2014
Review By: goosefraba1
Pros: I have been a transplant here in Paducah over the past month for school rotations. Having said that, this has become my home course in the area. After having first played this, I probably would have given this course a 3 star tops.... now I give it 3.5 stars... and would go as high as 3.75 if I could.

The Good:
This course was designed very well. Just within the first 4 holes, you get a hug variety in shots. This is one of those courses that you are just going to get better from playing it. This course has everything from tight fairways that force you to stay in the green space... to long bomber holes to play with the wind.... to awesome double OB. With well placed trees, I found myself throwing turnover shots where I would normally be throwing a forehand. Just really well designed.

Other great things: Amenities... there is a port-a-potty (better than nothing), nice benches at every hole.... the tee signs are great.
Cons: The Bad: These things are not necessarily fixable... but take away from the course just a bit. Drainage... don't come here after it rains without water proof boots. It will be a bad day. Bugs... yep it is basically a swamp. Bring bug spray or anti-malarials. Flat terrain... again not much you can do on a flood plain. I really wish that some of the holes in the back would have brought that creek into play. It is a beautiful creek... and could have made for some really fun holes. I don't take that away from the course really... and I know that you have to work with what the parks and rec gives you in terms of land.
Other Thoughts: This has been a great course to practice on this past month. I really appreciate having a course in this town. All of the dudes that I have had the chance to play with are super nice. Would love to see this course get the HB tournament treatment. Would make for a nice little 1 day C tier event.

Solid Kentucky Course

1    9/21/2013   9/21/2013
Review By: DG addict24
Pros: This is a nice wooded course that has some length to it too. It definitely requires you to hit your lines. Since the course has many par 4s, it is very scoreable even though the hole layouts are difficult. There are also a few more open, longer holes that can suit your needs if you have to have some long throws. The tee-pads were large and grippy even though they had puddles on them. The course really drained well from the inch and a half of rain there was the night before. You could tell the baskets were aging a little bit but they weren't in bad shape. The course was in really good shape with the brush being clean and it made the round much easier than a lot of wooded courses.
Cons: There were multiple baskets, but there weren't any ways to tell which spot it was in so we had to look. Also there were multiple baskets on some holes where it said there was only one which was confusing.
Other Thoughts: This course will lead to a fun round that challenges your abilities and how well-rounded your game is. It is a course that you could play at daily since it is an easy walk, and it would force you to improve. Overall, i really enjoyed it and hope to be back.

Nice Round of Disc Golf

1    9/21/2013   9/21/2013
Review By: dad_of_dg_junkies
Pros: * Very Nice and Grippy Tee Pads even when wet
* The landscape work done on the holes was nice
* The benches and bag holders were great
* Good mix of wooded and open holes
* You can score on this course or it can bite you
* Good Navigation map at the start
* All the holes had definite lines. Most holes provided some different options as well.
* Even though this course was in some pretty thick woods, we had NO trouble finding disc
* Nice baskets and a practice basket
* I got a chance to play alot of different discs on this course.
* Wide variety of shots required to get around this track
* We played after a heavy rain the night before an the course drained pretty well.
Cons: * A sign or two didn't seem accurate to me.

*Some holes had multiple pin locations with no way of knowing what location it was in without walking the hole to find it.

* We had a navigation issue on a couple of holes. Arrows on the baskets or ground would solve this.
Other Thoughts: I really enjoyed my round at this site. The course was heavily wooded and that provided good shade for the round. The fairways were very well defined and the rough was penalizing but not brutal. I am mostly a RHBH player, and the course seemed to set up very well for a RHFH. (Lots or long hard turns to the right) The course was very easy to walk. (no real hills) There are a couple issues with crossing other holes and non disc golf related obstacles that come into play. It was my first time at this course, but I will be back anytime I am in the area.

OPEN FOR BUSINESS

1    5/30/2011   5/30/2011
Review By: rbnorris32
Pros: Big and tight, easy to navigate, and lots of variation. This is a challenging and fun course. Cant wait to play again!
Cons: None.
Other Thoughts: It's dry enough to play after the flood. Hopefully it will get a cut soon. Lots of mosquitoes and ticks.

Great course. Challenging and rewarding

5+    5/6/2008   5/7/2008
Review By: tdortch
This review was updated on 9/18/2010
Pros: **UPDATE Sept 18, 2010** The parks dept spent a ton of money removing all the debris from the ice storm. They also redid the land @ hole 5 to eliminate the standing water there. We have our fairways and off-the-fairway areas back! Even some areas that weren't affected are cleaner now and there is much less of a chance of losing discs. Big improvement! We also have bridges to deal with the water, although there has not been any this summer. Peabody also did a ton of work on 16 (Thanks dude!). The course is looking great now!**
This course has a lot of variety to it. There are some tees that allow big arms to rip on and some that require placement over power. The front 9 has the most technical holes on it, with fewer open areas to throw long drives. The back 9 has more of your power shots, but both 9's have a nice mix of both. Lots of trees to carve around. Open fairways go into the woods. Wooded tee boxes go into open fairways. And half of the holes (#'s 1 - 3, #6 - 8, #14 - 16) stay in the woods entirely and most of those have tight fairways with no room for error. Lefty's will have a nice time as the course favors LH throwers. I've been playing this course now for almost a year and still like it.
Cons: As the other guys have said, water will stick around on #3, #5 and #8 for a while. Part of that, though, was that it was winter and the ground was hard enough to keep it. The other part was that we had huge amounts of rain there for a while. That water won't stick around when it's 90 degrees nearly as long. Also have a lot of 'skeeters and ticks, so wear bug spray.
Other Thoughts: If you're passing through, it's worth the time to stop and play. If nothing else, you'll have the chance at hitting some softball players. You can get in a round in about an hour and a half at the most.

*update* The ice storm took some of the trees out and changed a lot of the shots that were there. For example, Hole #7 used to have a nice high route you could take, but the trees are all sagging down in the fairway now, so you have to stay low. Other than things like that, some new holes opened up as well. Our local club has been working on cleaning up and removing what we can, and I think the course looks pretty good considering. Also, the Boy Scouts are going to build us some bridges over some of the kinda steep hills that get really slippery.

Lastly, Atomic City Disc Club (the local club) will be putting in some alternate pins whenever we quit fighting over where to put them! Our forum: www.wkdgc.webs.com