Alma, AR
Alma Flying Disc Course Share
Uploaded By: ixcptmorganxi Hole #17

Could be an amazing course, if it was playable

1    6/3/2016   6/3/2016
Review By: callsignraven
Pros: Great looking course. Amazing use of elevation. Beautiful views. Make sure you bring bug spray and wear pants/long socks
Cons: Completely overgrown with some fairways having grass coming up to your knees. Several of the holes are completely covered in poison ivy and poison oak. The elevation makes for awesome disc golf, but it makes for a strenuous trek. Make sure you have the right shoes for the occasion.
Other Thoughts: My wife and I attempted to play this course today (6-3-16) and had to give up. Due to google leading us to the wrong entrance we started at hole 6. Here is the breakdown of the holes we were able to play until we got so fed up we left.

Hole 6: Interesting hole with elevation. I have not played on too many courses with elevation, so this was a nice change for me. The fairway on this hole came up to about mid shin

Hole 7: Cool shot from the top of a hill down to a lower basket. The grass on this hole came to above the knee and this fairway had water that came up to our ankles.

Hole 8: Cool blind shot over a hill. The fairway on this hole was fairly well mowed, but both the fairway and "the rough" was completely overgrown with poison oak

Hole 9: pretty straightforward hole. Also completely overgrown with poison oak

Hole 10: This is where we quit. Slightly elevated shot with several trees to aim around. All of the "fairway" here was mid-shin and just full of poison oak again.

I will try this course again closer to this winter as I have family in the area, but I will not try again until then. If you are traveling through the area I would suggest you try ben garen park in fort smith, or the greenwood course instead of this one.

If you are traveling through the area on I-40 via road trip waiting the extra hour to hit old post park in russellville arkansas might be better, or waiting the hour and a half to try beaverfork in conway might be a more exciting time.

If the course conditions clear up I think this course would be a great stop, but I just can't suggest it in its current condition

1    10/31/2011   11/9/2011
Review By: Zfreeman43
Pros: great scenery, nice layout and challenging
Cons: standing water around #7, trash everywhere on the back 9, not maintained, the rubber tee pads might as well have just been dirt they were not big enough for anything
Other Thoughts: Lake is a great mind relaxer and was calm when I went, if it was taken better care of it could be a great course