7 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: - I expected the scenery and landscape to be your typical boring high school but I found it to be surprisingly pretty inside the tiny wooded area. There is nothing spectacular about it but it's less boring than I predicted. There is also a decorative pond at Hole #9 that is pleasing to the eye.
- Small mix of shots and little variety of angles. Hole #3 has a row of trees to the right and a baseball field to the left then a small fade left to the basket. Hole #4 has a low overhang with a basket tucked in to the right. Hole #5 also is a right turning hole but the basket left of a few guardian trees. Hole #6 follows the rows of pine trees to the right again and has more guardian trees. Hole #7 has a very low overhang with a slight left turning fairway, then the basket is tucked uphill on the right.
- There are a few small elevations that add to the course. Hole #5 plays on a slight downhill grade and Hole #7's Basket is uphill a bit on a small slope. Hole #9 plays over a tiny ravine/water hazard.
- The course flows fine. The Tee for Hole #1 is right by the parking lot and Hole #9's Basket is right near there. There is a small walk from Hole #5's Basket to #6's Tee.
- Nice Tee Signs with Next Tee Signs at every hole but Hole #2
- The natural Tee's are in decent shape
- Baskets are labeled
- Good upkeep
- I'd guess that this course has very low traffic by disc golfers and virtually no traffic but anyone else
- There is a trashcan near Hole #1
- The school is easy to find and it is near route 42
Cons: - The total distance is approx 1668'. Many people could throw 1668' in 5 throws on an open field. This is not a SHORT course, it's miniscule.
- Hole #3 & 5's Basket could be moved farther away
- Hole #9 is literally a 100' putt. The Basket could be moved about 30' back at least and the Tee could probably also be moved back as well. Maybe Hole #1's Tee could be moved toward the field to make more room for #9's Basket.
- There is a lot of tree coverage toward the front of the school (passed Hole #5's Basket) that could be used and the course could be a MUCH longer 9 hole course
- Safety could become an issue at Hole #2 & 3 if there was a baseball game going
- 3 Baskets are no longer very level
- Limited time. You can obviously only play this course when the school is not in session.
Other Thoughts: - Good place for beginners. Bring them here, train them in the ways of the force, then take them to Deis and watch their jaw drop.
- This small course does have it's challenges with low overhangs to get under and tight, sharp turning fairways. Even though there are a few challenging the course is very easy overall.
- The most challenging hole is Hole #6. Very tight fairway that turns right. A few bad hits and a double bogey could be in your future.
- My favorite hole is Hole #4. You throw into the pretty wooded area from a Tee that has an extremely low overhand and the basket is tucked around to the right. It's fun to try to throw fast and low and plan for a skidding stop at just the right spot.
- Must go to course? No. I am in no way complaining that the course is here. I'm always happy for a course simply existing, however, 'existence' is really all this course has going for it.
7 of 7 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.