Montgomery, AL
Auburn University of Montgomery Share
Uploaded By: bk_ching Hole #17 (Taken 4/2011)
3 / 309ft.   3 / --   3 / 390ft. Par / Distance:

Don't waste your time

1    12/27/2013   12/30/2013
Review By: Bones311
Pros: The course has potential to be decent
Cons: No tee pads, well maybe one or two.
No tee signs, well, again, maybe one or two but in no order.
Horrible map There is a number 1 then it jumps to D, E, F, etc. then eventually to 9, no 12 and no 18. Seriously??!!

No arrows to next tee/basket, although I don't think it would help much.
Other Thoughts: The few holes I was able to locate and play weren't bad, however, the navigation is absolutely horrible. I couldn't even find hole D. and I tried to follow the order on the map but it made no sense. I teed off #1 which actually had a teepad. but then couldn't find D, E, no tee pad, then F was labeled at #18 and G as #6. the next few I only found because they were in the woods and I could actually see some trails, but again no teepads so no way to know where to start. After the wooded few I gave up and on my walk out I did see a concrete teepad in the middle of the field that had a sign but it said #11 and #2 so either it was a shared hole or just as confusing as the rest.
This is by far one of the WORST courses I've ever played, not that I've played a ton, but I have played a few with no tee signs and no tee pads and they were still easier to follow. Whoever, designed, mapped, and maintains this course needs to try way harder.
Again, I say this course has potential and may actually be fun if you know where you're going. My recommendation is that if you are planning on playing, find a local that knows the course to go with you. There really aren't any other courses around. So if you NEED to play this is really the only option.

Needs some help.

5+    7/21/2013   7/21/2013
Review By: MultiNubs
Pros: Some open holes to test your drive ~9.
Some technical wooded holes.
Friendly community. On the good side of town.
Nice baskets.
Can get windy so it gives you good opportunity to learn your wind shots.
Cons: Alot. Currently course is in disarray. There are only 17 holes, I play 1 twice to get a full game. There isn't really a good flow to it, finding the next hole can be a challenge (no directional signs). Theres no standard layout so multiple players may be playing in a different order than yourself. Many players park beside one of the baskets which causes the whole "green" area, which is already prone to standing water, to be extremely muddy, soupy, and slippery. The wooded holes are completely unforgiving, poorly maintained, and narrow to say the least. No tee pads in the woods = mud tees that you might slip on. Thick undergrowth in the summer and a few fallen trees. No clear designation of tees in the woods (maybe some small flags). If you thrown poorly and go off the beaten path, you're in jail and you're better off laying it out in the fairway, if you can even find your disc. Lots of vines, thorns, briars, spiders, I see snakes often, and mud in the woods. If some maintenance was used the woods could be promising, most of the open holes are WIDE open, no trees, small elevation change, or misaligned tees, or no tees. One hole plays around a gazebo which if anyone is in it be extreme careful. The grass gets cut more often now but it gets pretty tall in some places. If you lose a disc or leave one dont expect a call, the community is nice but a lost disc is lost around here.
Other Thoughts: The course has great potential, a few trees planted here and there, and some removed here and there, repour some tees and add signs and this course would be great. I feel like its just in a "playable" set up at the moment until whoever is incharge of the course can work something out with campus government.

Also there is a running path off in the woods away from the course that could be utilized for a short and technical wooded 9 holes.