Montgomery, AL
Auburn University of Montgomery Share
Uploaded By: Martin Dewgarita Hole #12 (Taken 3/2011)
3 / 245ft.   3 / 290ft.   3 / --   3 / 320ft. Par / Distance:

1 2 Next >
 So-so course

1    7/28/2012   7/28/2012
Review By: BamaSlamaJim
Pros: It's always nice to have a disc golf course near a university to introduce new people to the sport and hopefully get some cuties playing.

The course isn't too hard to intimidate new players.

The first part of the course has some nice woodsy shots and the second part is more open to allow folks to practice their distance. The contrast is nice.

I really like the blue baskets.
Cons: This course is still a work in progress. It's tough to navigate. There's a fair amount of trash and debris. The rough on the woodsy holes is a little thick.

The open holes are really open and a bit on the boring side.
Other Thoughts: This course is ok, if you're in the area, but I wouldn't suggest that you go out of your way to play it otherwise.

I didn't enjoy it.

1    6/12/2011   2/12/2012
Review By: J-Mo
Pros:
-Parking is free and open to anyone on the weekend (otherwise you have to have a student pass to park...at least that is what the campus security told me)
Cons:
-Course design isn't very creative
-Grass was about shin height
-No signs at the tees (I had no idea where the pins were on some of the holes)
-Baskets were pretty beat up
I'm not originally from that area, and it was insanely hot and humid when I went (June). I know this has nothing to do with the course itself, but it is a factor to consider when deciding whether or not to go to this course.

interesting...

1    1/10/2011   1/11/2011
Review By: joe_kool315
Pros: Holes 9 - 18 are a joy. Not difficult but give you an opportunity to use several different shot selections over them and especially fun of the beginner as you can actually throw that spike hyzer up there on an actual hole and see it do what you think it will on the course. as well as several fundamental shots that you will need to get yourself out of trouble on less forgiving courses. Good players can go out and empty their bag on several of these holes just having fun grazing the basket and getting the occasional ace.
Cons: most holes are fairly straight with slight hyzer/anny shots on a few holes and some good elevation on 3.
Other Thoughts: Wish I had a course like this one nearby to go practive shots doing what I want it to do and or learn proper throwing techniques for getting the disc to work for me, not the other way around.

Fun Course - new holes!

5+    2/6/2011   10/31/2010
Review By: barneco
This review was updated on 2/6/2011
Pros: Good community
Nice baskets
Been around a while
Nice and open...fun to bomb drives
Cons: A bit in flux right now
slightly confusing layout as things settle out
unfortunately not very pet friendly
Other Thoughts: Update 2/6/2011 - Just finished playing this course again. As the course conditions indicate, there is pretty massive construction going on in the main, "open" part of the course. Fortunately, other than creating some MUD, it doesn't seem to have that much of an overall effect on the course(other than the loss of a few holes that has already been mentioned). The reason for my update, however, is that there have been 4 brand-new holes added recently. Even better, these new holes are tucked away in the wooded section and, as such, really give the course a new, much needed, flavor. The old layout was somewhat one-dimensional, being pretty open. The new holes are tight, wooded shots requiring less distance and more accuracy and creativity. They are still pretty green and need some traffic, but I enjoyed them nonetheless. In addition, I met another local, who went out of his way to come over and let us know the new layout(easy once I saw it but might be slightly confusing if you didn't know...i'm sure this will improve when the holes season a bit). I don't know what the future holds for the course(i'm told the construction is for a new wellness center..not sure if the existing holes will be allowed to remain so close to a busy building), but for now if you're driving by, don't let the construction scare you away...this is still a fun course.

This is a fun course. Played it a few times and enjoy it each time. Pretty wide open...precision not really required, and distance scores.
Some construction at the small campus has killed a few holes(1-3 i think), but a few newer holes seem to have bene added to compensate. As such, some of the signs are slightly wrong and the layout can be a tad confusing. Got lucky and talked to a local last time and got some good beta. Had been playing the course wrong and missing a few holes, but he set us on the right path. Also said that there was some work going on in the adjacent woods that is adding a few new holes. Not sure how many or an ETA, but the would be a welcome addition. Being from Columbus, this course is a fair drive, but has been worth it for some variety.
One point to note is that, apparently due to a "new" walking trail which meanders through the course, pets are not as well received as they once were. We like to travel with our JRT who's very well responsive to voice commands and very friendly. However, a local police officer(Montgomery police, NOT campus police) took the time to flag us down and walk out(as I'm bagging an "offering" he wanted to leave on the course) to tell us we need to keep our dog on a leash, regardless of the fact that we were the ONLY people on the course(discers and walkers included) and that he stays within 20 feet of us anyway. She then proceeded to make no less than 6 drive-bys over the course of our round to make sure we didn't ignore her "advice". I guess the good thing is that this must mean there's not much crime occurring in Montgomery that she has an hour to ensure a friendly dog doesn't bother the invisible walkers. Because of this, we probably won't be making any more road trips specifically for this course, but I'll likely play it as I'm passing through or when/if it's extended.

worth it

1    4/22/2010   4/22/2010
Review By: davidmparslow
Pros: Course was mowed when I played. Easy to follow. Nice baskets. Every hole had cement tee pad and tee signs. The scenery was enjoyable. I am a distance thrower so it was fun to try to park these with mid range discs. Not much traffic on the course either. Good use of the land.
Cons: Tee sign distance never seemed accurate. Level of difficulty was low for a good am but still enjoyable.
Other Thoughts: Me and my GF had a great time here. This is a great practice course to work on accuracy to the pin. Wind wasn't to much of a factor for such an open field course.

Not well maintained

1    9/4/2009   9/4/2009
Review By: Nailscars
Pros: I have to drive over an hour to even find a disc golf course so the simple fact that this course has baskets makes it a positive for me.
You know how you feel when you first get a disc golf driver and you just want to go out and see how far you can throw it and then shoot at a basket? This course is perfect for that, lots of open spaces and holes that you can reach with a good throw.
Cons: This course hasn't been mowed in a long time. The weeds were up to my knees in some places and one hole even had weeds growing up through the basket. It is hard to enjoy playing when you lose discs that are thrown down the middle of the "fairway." It is hard to figure out where you are supposed to go next and may of the holes no longer have signs. None of the baskets are numbered either.
Other Thoughts: Like I said, I have to drive to play so even with the weeds I gave this course a go, but if it hadn't been for the drive I wouldn't have bothered given the condition. If they decide to mow it again I would give it another shot.

Long grass

1    8/20/2009   8/22/2009
Review By: monteaglesfinest
Pros: Easy to get to.
Cons: The grass & weeds were extremely tall. Most places were over 2 feet tall. It was very hard to find where the next hole started, but that might have been due to the tall weeds. If it weren't for this, I would have rated it a 4. It would have been better with more trees and other obstacles.

The Montgomery Secret

5+    3/20/2009   3/20/2009
Review By: clintonphil
Pros: This is a jewel right off the interstate that rarely has heavy play. Open fields with Oaks and Pines scattered in to give challenging play. Additional holes are in the works and comming soon alternate tees pads and basket placement.
Cons: This course plays pretty staight forward. Difficulty level = average
Other Thoughts: Realy fun to play on daily basis becaus of low traffic. Great Location on East Side Montgomery

2/26/2008   2/26/2008
Review By: The Drake
Pros: AUM's course is a wide open course with decent distance. This is another grip it and rip it course. Bring your driver and a putter and thats all you'll need so you can leave your big bag at home.
Cons: There's not a whole lot to the course. Very little OB a couple of mando routes means you have very little in the way of a challenge for accuracy (other than aiming for the basket obviously)
Other Thoughts: AUM is a nice course to play if you're in the area. The lack of trees makes it easy to navigate for new players but the distance could be a bit much. For pros or players with distance there's not a lot to it.

1 2 Next >