Daytona Beach, FL
Tuscawilla Park Share
Uploaded By: JMONEY Hole #8 (Taken 4/2011)
Hole #8B Tee Sign

New Fav. Course

2-4    5/30/2010   6/1/2010
Review By: melkman
Pros: I really enjoyed this course. It reminded me of a real golf course in the variety of hole types. Short, long, right, left, straight where all included. great uses of water holes and ditches. I actually used all of the discs in my bag on this course. A lot of risk/reward on this course. I really like hole 14. it has a pretty small island with the basket on it. Do you try and land it on the island in two or play it safe and do a lay-up second shot and have an easy third. The local players seemed really friendly too. three concrete tees per hole and three possible basket locations.
Cons: Like most courses i've played, the first time out is confusing. i printed out a map beforehand which helped. it also would be nice to know which of the three basket locations are being used. a lot of homeless wandering the park. no one bothered us though.
Other Thoughts: can't wait to get back. i really liked how the course had a lot of palm trees on it. different than playing on a course with oaks and maples that i'm used to.

Tuscawilla-first timer.

2-4    4/26/2009   4/29/2009
Review By: Ken Long
Pros: Very very nice park like setting with a variety of challenging holes. Tall canopies (minus 300 or so due to previous hurricanes) keep it cool down below along with a nice light ocean breeze. Course manager's do a good job of policeing and keeping the course looking nice for others. Tee pads are cement.
Very challenging and fun for me. With long and short tees along with a variety of pin placements for each hole to keep the game at Tuscawilla interesting. From what was told to me. The placements are changed monthly or for tournaments and leagues. So there is a definite variety. Tuscawilla has trees. Trees are fun. Enjoy the tree love & rough here.
Cons: I have no cons for Tuscawilla othe than my 1200 mile drive down from Michigan to play it.
Oh...one con. Since Tuscawilla disc golf course is situated in a beautiful city park, other humans use it as well as discers. Passer-bys might be clueless as to what the round plastic thing is..laying on the ground, pick it up and walk off. Be watchful of that.
Other Thoughts: The disc golf atmosphere at Tuscawilla seemed family like to me. Very friendly crowd. The course manager has been very helpful in guiding me around the park and letting me in on a bit of the history behind the Tuscawilla course and how it has matured into what it is now.
When visiting Florida...I will definitly be playing Tuscawilla DGC.
The course manager also sells discs at the park. So look him up and buy one.
Also watch the You Tube videos Tuscawilla has to offer.

A fun course

1    5/19/2008   9/7/2008
Review By: steujr
Pros: I love this course has lots of trees so you have to keep your shots down and grip and rip them but dont hit the trees. they put on a great tour. I think it is one of the best on the florida tour.
Other Thoughts: lots of trees mean cooler cooler cooler still it is a florida course so take water with you