Daytona Beach, FL
Tuscawilla Park Share
Uploaded By: RussMB Hole #3 (Taken 6/2013)

New Fav. Course

2-4    5/30/2010   6/1/2010
Review By: melkman
Pros: I really enjoyed this course. It reminded me of a real golf course in the variety of hole types. Short, long, right, left, straight where all included. great uses of water holes and ditches. I actually used all of the discs in my bag on this course. A lot of risk/reward on this course. I really like hole 14. it has a pretty small island with the basket on it. Do you try and land it on the island in two or play it safe and do a lay-up second shot and have an easy third. The local players seemed really friendly too. three concrete tees per hole and three possible basket locations.
Cons: Like most courses i've played, the first time out is confusing. i printed out a map beforehand which helped. it also would be nice to know which of the three basket locations are being used. a lot of homeless wandering the park. no one bothered us though.
Other Thoughts: can't wait to get back. i really liked how the course had a lot of palm trees on it. different than playing on a course with oaks and maples that i'm used to.

A Beautiful park

1    10/13/2009   5/18/2010
Review By: ufcliff
Pros: Straight fairways with palm borders force more accurate, straight drives
Cons: It is a public city park. When I played in the later afternoon, transients were gathering to spend the night. Not threatening, but gathering in play areas.

Great course on the Worlds Most Famous Beach

1    4/8/2010   4/17/2010
Review By: stewbeck
Pros: Three tees on each hole make it fun for the whole family, my son played from the front tees and outdrove me a few times! The water on this course is very cool, very nice park.
Cons: A few homeless folks and a lot of garbage (probably left by the homeless).
Other Thoughts: Awesome course!

A little Hide away in Daytona Beach

1    3/13/2010   4/14/2010
Review By: Daddy_Dragon
Pros: Considering Daytona Beach is famous for the races, motorcycles, and beaches, I was surprised to see a Disc Golf Course right next to the main road of International Speed Way. There isn't much shade in Daytona, it is famous for it's SUN. But this park provides a nice area to play with out getting cooked. It has a good range of flight types and tee locations. And I was not afraid of their water holes. Side note it was a thumbs up with the kids.
Cons: It isn't wide open ranges. It is what I would call condensed. It was the first time there especially with the family, so I was lost tee locations were not often clearly marked. But we fallowed a small group and was able to manuver through pretty well. There were homeless people about, but they didn't bother us and we did not bother them.
Other Thoughts: I have to say............................
I do not remember seeing empty beer bottles or the such lying around wooded areas or in the open. "Bravo", this was the cleanest park I have been to. All trash in the trash cans. They did have a bathroom, but I didn't use it so I can't comment upon it's condition.

Part of Vacation

1    12/11/2009   1/25/2010
Review By: Peachey
Pros: A lot of nature, chameleons, snapping turtles, even glimpsed a snake leaving the area.
The holes have a lot of variety and are tough enough to challenge. Hole 9 might be the toughest hole I've played...a 5 is a decent effort. Nice amount of water without too much danger of losing a disc. A great mix of throws necessary to master this course.
Cons: While trees and wildlife are nice...it's not really a pretty course. There seemed to always be locals around (not threatening at all) some of whom looked like they had no where else to go. At several locations I saw evidence that people had been and probably were living in this park. They had left bags of clothes and other trash around.
Other Thoughts: The folks living a tough life do NOT detract from this course.
I'd go back.

Tropical Discin'

1    5/16/2009   6/24/2009
Review By: BigJ198
Pros: I liked the variety of options and throwing lanes available. Standing on the tees I could see different flight paths through the palms that I just don't see on a wooded course. (Not that I always succssefully navigated the path I chose to use!)
Lots of people on the course yet, it didn't seem crowded.
the trees not only make the course challenging, but they provide some needed shade.
Well-maintained. Thanks to whoever keeps this course in tip-top condition.
Other Thoughts: No cons for me on this course. Coming from N. Carolina, I feel like I am in the tropics with the warm breeze and tall palms. Will stop here again on our way to and from Orlando when visiting friends there. I'll drive 9 hours to play this course!

Home sweet home

5+    5/23/2009   5/27/2009
Review By: Diskaholik
Pros: Great challenge for all skill levels, Pin placement changes every month,(some holes have as many as 5 different pin placements. 3 concrete pads on each hole, good signs. Friendly local golfers, Disc sales on site. (thanx Gary)
Cons: A few bums here and there, but they usually don't bother disc golfers.
Other Thoughts: Fun Florida course, recenty we had some major flooding but a few of us went out in kayaks with floating discs and played most of the course( only one basket was on dry land!) Luckily it's drying up quite quickly. A must play if you are travelling in the area.

Tuscawilla-first timer.

2-4    4/26/2009   4/29/2009
Review By: Ken Long
Pros: Very very nice park like setting with a variety of challenging holes. Tall canopies (minus 300 or so due to previous hurricanes) keep it cool down below along with a nice light ocean breeze. Course manager's do a good job of policeing and keeping the course looking nice for others. Tee pads are cement.
Very challenging and fun for me. With long and short tees along with a variety of pin placements for each hole to keep the game at Tuscawilla interesting. From what was told to me. The placements are changed monthly or for tournaments and leagues. So there is a definite variety. Tuscawilla has trees. Trees are fun. Enjoy the tree love & rough here.
Cons: I have no cons for Tuscawilla othe than my 1200 mile drive down from Michigan to play it.
Oh...one con. Since Tuscawilla disc golf course is situated in a beautiful city park, other humans use it as well as discers. Passer-bys might be clueless as to what the round plastic thing is..laying on the ground, pick it up and walk off. Be watchful of that.
Other Thoughts: The disc golf atmosphere at Tuscawilla seemed family like to me. Very friendly crowd. The course manager has been very helpful in guiding me around the park and letting me in on a bit of the history behind the Tuscawilla course and how it has matured into what it is now.
When visiting Florida...I will definitly be playing Tuscawilla DGC.
The course manager also sells discs at the park. So look him up and buy one.
Also watch the You Tube videos Tuscawilla has to offer.

B+ for discs Be Bouncing Off Trees

1    4/9/2004   4/18/2009
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward -- A
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities -- B
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography -- B+
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion -- B-

over all fun

1    3/29/2009   3/30/2009
Review By: DarrenFL
Pros: tough course. 3 tees on each hole. friendly locals. they had one guy out there selling disc which was awesome since some how my two buddies forgot all of theres.
Cons: def wear closed toe shoes!! i tee off and idk what i did but i toar the whole tip off my big toe. being a right hander i hated how much left holes there was. there was a lot of walking around for me and my friends.
Other Thoughts: overall was pretty fun. very challengeing with all the trees and water and had a good time.