Bryan, TX
Austins Colony Share
Uploaded By: ERicJ Hole #1 (Taken 4/2011)

1    2/21/2009   2/26/2009
Review By: sidewinding
Pros: There is good parking and a restroom close to hole #1.

This is a very technical little nine hole course that requires both accuracy and distance. There are a couple of straight, narrow tunnel shots that have a high pucker factor due the cedars lining the fairway. There are a couple of short curving fairways that are very fun due to the blind ace potential.

There is a football/soccer field that the course plays around. It is a great place to work on your drives after you finish a warmup round.
Cons: It has dirt tee pads and some missing signs.

This is a very flat course with no real epic or memorable holes.

The two longest holes on the course are also the most heavily wooded with no real "fair"ways. If it's your lucky day you might par one of these two holes.

The #3 teepad is hard to find, even with a map. You have to walk all the way around behind the archery range. The #5 tee is also hard to find , even with a map, because the sign is missing. You have to cross the bridge and the tee is to the right imediately past the bridge (I think. That's where we tee'd from).

Be careful on Hole #5. I skip faded around the short but blind curve and heard my disc hit the chains. When I got up there I found my disc in the creek about five feet to the left of the basket.

After you finish hole 9 you have a long walk around a big rec center looking building to get back to the parking lot.
Other Thoughts: This would be a great place for a local to work on their shot shaping but I would not drive out of my way to play this course. It has a high frustration factor which gives it a low fun factor.