Montrose, CO
Baldridge Park Share
Uploaded By: markjfun Hole #5 (Taken 9/2012)
-- / --   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

I'd Skip The Back Nine!

1    4/4/2008   4/6/2008
This review was updated on 8/23/2008
Pros: The course plays mostly through an undeveloped part with low brush (Russian Olive?) and then later through a wooded section of cottenwood trees. Holes #7, 8 and 9 are world class and would be welcome additions to any course anywhere. #7 is a 451 ft. downhill throw on the side of the mountain. There is no major risk involved. It's just a fun chance to air it out. #8 is the classic risk versus reward hole. You tee off a small hill, throwing 228 ft. across a gully to a basket atop another small hill. If your disc sails too far left, you'll have to come way back uphill again. #9 is about a 280 ft. straight downhill throw with the basket visible. It's a touch shot, a fairly easy birdie, but in the back of your mind you're probably visualizing your disc ripping the chains for that ace. Good luck!
Cons: After so thoroughly enjoying 7-9, I stepped to the # 10 tee pad and couldn't find the basket. The same for # 11. I found #12 and birded it. #13 tee pad sign was Xd out with a arrow pointing another direction. I followed it and found a pond with baskets # 15 and # 16. Couldn't find either tee pads. Finally, I found and played #14. While looking for #15 tee pad, I accidently stumbled onto a newly made #12 hole. Wait, didn't I already birdie #12 a while ago. Then I played this new #12 and a new #13. About ready to give up up, I spotted a tee sign across this field. It was for # 17- no basket. But I found # 18 tee and basket and finally finished the course.
Other Thoughts: It looks as though the rec department is developing some new giant soccer field and running track complex here. The running/walking track looks to be about a mile long and I think it has adversely affected the disc golf course. There's plenty of room in this park to finish the back nine. My suggestion until then is: Go play holes #7, 8, 9 six times each for a total of 18 holes. You'll be awfully damn tired by the end of that round but you'll have some great memories of some sweet throws you made.