Dublin, OH
Balgriffen Park Share
Uploaded By: BuckeyeMike Hole #7 (Taken 5/2010)
3 / --   3 / 150ft.   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:

good quickie course

2-4    11/23/2011   11/24/2011
Review By: MonkeyJones
Pros: -very well maintained
-in a nice neighborhood
-nice play area for the little ones nearby
-baskets & tees easily identified
-good for short game/putting practice
Cons: -dirt tees--muddy when wet
-grounds do not drain well after a rain
-very little variation
-numerous holes same/similar distance/same throw
-a couple holes throw right along a fairly busy road, a bit hazardous for the beginner that may "late-release" to the right.
Other Thoughts: -nice for a quick 9 holes
-I'd be content if the eagle scouts had built it in my neighborhood :o)
-hole #4 was my favorite

It's ok.

5+    11/22/2010   11/22/2010
Review By: cali
Pros: Good course for a short round. I actually squeezed in 36 holes on my lunch break today. Good for working on your putter driving, thumbers, other technical shots you normally couldn't throw off the box on a longer hole. Makes for a decent challenge when it is windy out too, awesome course for practicing that area of your game.
Cons: Goose poop everywhere near the pond and the tee areas are mud pits after rain. Kinda gets a bit boring too, I wish the trees were a little more mature and actually posed as somewhat of an obstacle. You can throw right over or around every tree on any fairway with ease.
Other Thoughts: I work right down the street from this place so I'll probably be here a lot. See ya around!

A Great Place to Learn Disc Golf!

5+    4/13/2010   4/15/2010
Review By: BuckeyeMike
This review was updated on 7/28/2010
Pros: -Nice Baskets
-A Nice little piece of land
-Tee signs
-Nice course map in front of the pond (See picture)
-Easy to Navigate
-Ace-able holes! Update 5/4/10: Ace on Hole 7!
-Water semi in play on hole 9
-Never very busy
-Great for First Timers, Beginners,Kids/Families, and Newbies to Disc Golf!
Cons: -Dirt Tees
-Not challenging for Intermediate & Veteran Disc Golfers
-Hole 4 doesn't need to be par 4
Other Thoughts: This is the place I learned how to play Disc Golf and I have taken a hand full of people to Learn and First play Disc Golf.

Most people around the area know it was an Eagle Scout Project (and they did a great job!). There is also a Playground, Basketball court, etc., right across the street (for families).

Yes, the dirt tees are lame and there are a few other cons but,(in my humble opinion) this is the Best Course to First Learn how to play Disc Golf in the Columbus area!
(Pickerington's Sycamore Creek DGC is another good one.)

*Wildlife Side Note: During summer months be on the look out for a Blue Heron and on sunny days there is a HUGE (longer than my arm) Fish in the pond right in front of the Disc Golf Course!

Fun little course

1    9/23/2009   3/30/2010
Review By: SteveHalsell
Pros: This was an Eagle Scout project and for that I am very pleased. I love disc golf, and to see someone make a course for that purpose is fantastic.

This is a great beginner course. Anyone who is new to disc golf, or trying to get a wife or girlfriend into disc golf, this is where you need to come!

If you're a seasoned disc golfer then leave the driving discs in the car. I basically carried two discs. I carried a Leopard and an Aviar. I just approached (either overhand or RHBH) and putted in. Using a 27 par (par 3 for each of the 9 holes) I shot a 20. I was pretty pleased and the couse made me feel great about myself!

Amenities are fantastic for such a small course.
- Great map for the course
- Great concerete tee pads
- Holes and baskets are clearly marked without a lot of confusion over fairway crossings
Cons: This is a short course. It's tough to list it as a con because it wasn't intended to be a long or challenging course.

Other than that, I think this course was great to play.
Other Thoughts: If you are in the Columbus area and are new to disc golf, this is a must play. If you are in Collumbus in general I would fit this into a trip. Play it when you're going out for another course, or if you are running errands. It won't take you more than 30 minutes to play the entire course if you're slow, so it will fit into any schedule!

The only reason I am giving this a lower score is because of the simplicity, but for enjoyability this is a fun play. I was really pleased that I fit it into my trip.

1    4/18/2008   8/27/2008
Review By: Behace
Pros: Very easy to navigate. Signs that tell you distance, par, and what hole you are on. Great if you want to play a quick round.
Cons: Only 9 holes. The course isn't very challenging and is wide open. None of the whole on the course are over 300 feet.
Other Thoughts: Some of the holes on the course are fun to play. There are very few hazards so if you are a beginner and dont want to loss any discs this is the course for you.