Dublin, OH
Balgriffen Park Share
Uploaded By: BuckeyeMike Hole #7 (Taken 5/2010)

Balgriffin Disc Golf Course Review -- Buckeye Disc Golf

5+    4/2/2011   4/19/2011
Review By: Buckeye Disc Golf
Pros: Check Out our Video Review of Balgriffen Disc Golf Course!
Other Thoughts: Enjoy our Video Review! More to Come!

Subscribe to Us on Youtube! http://www.youtube.com/buckeyediscgolf

Check Us Out at Facebook!

It's ok.

5+    11/22/2010   11/22/2010
Review By: cali
Pros: Good course for a short round. I actually squeezed in 36 holes on my lunch break today. Good for working on your putter driving, thumbers, other technical shots you normally couldn't throw off the box on a longer hole. Makes for a decent challenge when it is windy out too, awesome course for practicing that area of your game.
Cons: Goose poop everywhere near the pond and the tee areas are mud pits after rain. Kinda gets a bit boring too, I wish the trees were a little more mature and actually posed as somewhat of an obstacle. You can throw right over or around every tree on any fairway with ease.
Other Thoughts: I work right down the street from this place so I'll probably be here a lot. See ya around!

1    7/19/2010   7/23/2010
Review By: OhioDiscer
This review was updated on 8/1/2010
Pros: I played this course just once and was hooked. I was also pleased to get a easy score after playing griggs the same day. I would say this course is the anti Delaware witch is a very long course.
Cons: The holes are no longer than 300 ft. But you can't really complain to much because this course was made on a small area by eagle scouts who are okay but their no Disc Golf course designer.
Other Thoughts: This course is great to play after getting beaten by any hard course to get your confidence up. Should also be played if you need a quick round. A well earned 3 stars I would play this course anytime

A Great Place to Learn Disc Golf!

5+    4/13/2010   4/15/2010
Review By: BuckeyeMike
This review was updated on 7/28/2010
Pros: -Nice Baskets
-A Nice little piece of land
-Tee signs
-Nice course map in front of the pond (See picture)
-Easy to Navigate
-Ace-able holes! Update 5/4/10: Ace on Hole 7!
-Water semi in play on hole 9
-Never very busy
-Great for First Timers, Beginners,Kids/Families, and Newbies to Disc Golf!
Cons: -Dirt Tees
-Not challenging for Intermediate & Veteran Disc Golfers
-Hole 4 doesn't need to be par 4
Other Thoughts: This is the place I learned how to play Disc Golf and I have taken a hand full of people to Learn and First play Disc Golf.

Most people around the area know it was an Eagle Scout Project (and they did a great job!). There is also a Playground, Basketball court, etc., right across the street (for families).

Yes, the dirt tees are lame and there are a few other cons but,(in my humble opinion) this is the Best Course to First Learn how to play Disc Golf in the Columbus area!
(Pickerington's Sycamore Creek DGC is another good one.)

*Wildlife Side Note: During summer months be on the look out for a Blue Heron and on sunny days there is a HUGE (longer than my arm) Fish in the pond right in front of the Disc Golf Course!

Fun little course

1    9/23/2009   3/30/2010
Review By: SteveHalsell
Pros: This was an Eagle Scout project and for that I am very pleased. I love disc golf, and to see someone make a course for that purpose is fantastic.

This is a great beginner course. Anyone who is new to disc golf, or trying to get a wife or girlfriend into disc golf, this is where you need to come!

If you're a seasoned disc golfer then leave the driving discs in the car. I basically carried two discs. I carried a Leopard and an Aviar. I just approached (either overhand or RHBH) and putted in. Using a 27 par (par 3 for each of the 9 holes) I shot a 20. I was pretty pleased and the couse made me feel great about myself!

Amenities are fantastic for such a small course.
- Great map for the course
- Great concerete tee pads
- Holes and baskets are clearly marked without a lot of confusion over fairway crossings
Cons: This is a short course. It's tough to list it as a con because it wasn't intended to be a long or challenging course.

Other than that, I think this course was great to play.
Other Thoughts: If you are in the Columbus area and are new to disc golf, this is a must play. If you are in Collumbus in general I would fit this into a trip. Play it when you're going out for another course, or if you are running errands. It won't take you more than 30 minutes to play the entire course if you're slow, so it will fit into any schedule!

The only reason I am giving this a lower score is because of the simplicity, but for enjoyability this is a fun play. I was really pleased that I fit it into my trip.

5+    8/22/2009   12/22/2009
Review By: mcmyers640
This review was updated on 6/5/2010
Pros: -Perfect for Beginners
-Great for trying out that new midrange
-Signs
-Low Traffic
-Eagle Scout Project
-Short predictable holes a pro for beginners or getting out of that funk
Cons: -Does not force you to use many shots
-Minimal obstacles
-Young trees that have not had time to grow
-Not a place to air out your driver
-Goose droppings eveyrwhere
Other Thoughts: Every course serves a purpose and this one provides a nice platform for beginners to get into the game. Whenever I want to take someone new to the course, I'll usually take them here where they can take it easy and not have to worry about threading a 3' gap on a 400' hole. You don't have to work too hard here, so bring a friend and enjoy spreading the love of the game. I don't know the eagle scout, but I'm happy to have a course to bring a new player to and not have them get frustrated.

Learner Course

5+    11/20/2009   11/25/2009
Review By: shots17
Pros: Good place to learn and practice short game. Few obstacles with mostly open shots. Some longer shots to really practice distance (for learner).
Cons: Tees are grass or dirt. Last time I played (Nov. 20th) there was a TON of geese shit on the edge of the pond extending about 50 feet from shore. This was annoying to walk through (carefully).
Other Thoughts: I've played this course a bunch to practice up on my shorter game. You can easily drive all baskets, but 2nd shot is key for low score.

It is what it is

1    7/15/2002   10/31/2009
Review By: Bikinimower
Pros: You blow through it quick
Good effort
Cons: Not Challenging
Not really fun
Kinda confusing
small
Other Thoughts: I'm not gonna knock some kids eagle scout project. It's actually the best eagle scout project of any kind I've ever seen. He probably didn't have a whole lot of land or money to work with.

The first hole over the pond was my favorite. After that it was a bunch of open field holes packed into a small lot of land. Sometimes I got confused about which pin to throw to from which tee.

All in all a good effort

Best Eagle Scout Project I've Seen

1    7/30/2009   7/30/2009
Review By: A.Mutt
This review was updated on 1/22/2010
Pros: + Many Ace-able holes
+ Very nice and most importantly visible signs
+ Nice looking park
+ Can get some DG in quick
Cons: - Natural tees which after a good rain are bit unpleasant to throw from.
- Fairways all run real tight together putting lots of different baskets in your peripheral vision
- Not a lot of shot variance needed
Other Thoughts: As someone else said, this course is what it is. For what land was available and the fact it was an Eagle Scout project, this course turned out very well. The baskets and signs are all nice and quite frankly I'm impressed that someone was able to squeeze 9 holes out of that little bit of land. Really the only thing that I didn't enjoy were the dirt tees. But that was largely because it has rained a good amount recently so it was all mud tees.

This is the kind of course that if you're local to the area would be a fantastic place to warm up and or work on upshots and putting. If you're just passing through the area I'm guessing you'd feel disappointed comparing it to other local courses.

Good beginner / easy course

5+    7/14/2009   7/19/2009
Review By: th1sjust1n
This review was updated on 8/30/2009
Pros: +Well maintaned.
+Nice area.
+Seldom busy.
+Easy to get in a quick game.
+Water hazard on #9 makes for controlled tee shot.
Cons: -Short course.
-Road runing next to course can be a bit of a hazzard to errant discs.
-Land available is limited so some fairways are close together.
Other Thoughts: Even though you can sight Cons for this course, they really aren't. This course is what it is. The land was freely given for creation of the course and a nice relaxing course is what you get. The short holes, although not challenging to advance players, allow good practice of upshots and disc control. You can play an easy 18 in well under an hour so it's great for a lunchtime break from work. They have planted many more trees on the course so the difficulty is increasing.(although still easy). Great course in the space provided. Great for a few rounds of putting/upshot practice.