Edgecomb, ME
Hole #18

Decent little course

1    6/10/2011   1/1/2012
Review By: neilstegman
Pros: Course is fun, and the owners are nice. Mostly short holes with lots of trees. Dog friendly.
Cons: Not very many open looks. I appreciate a technical course, but some of holes could use a couple trees taken out. Lots of litter and cig butts.
Other Thoughts: This was a pretty fun course to play, and I'd go back if I was in the area(Boothbay), but nothing to go out of your way for. Not worth traveling more than 20-30 min. If you are going to be doing any driving, your time is better spent at Acker's.

Good, Bad, & Ugly

2-4    7/25/2011   11/16/2011
Review By: Discobedience
Pros: There are some fun shots at this course. It's mostly short with a few very technical holes. 18 is a great shot over a gully back up towards the clubhouse, a stand out hole from what I remember. I play a lot of courses and this course has quite a few holes that I look forward to getting back and playing each year. There is a good balance of flick and backhand. I am a backhander myself and find there are a few holes I prefer to flick. (despite my lacl of skill there)
Food is located close to the course if you need a lunch break.
Cons: A couple holes leave you scratching your head. I'm not much of a fan of looking at a fairway and not being able to locate a line to the basket. The removal of a few trees could really improve the playability of the course. Bring correct change if you come because there may not always be someone around to help you out.
This course does not get a whole lot of play, so bring a buddy to the course with you.
Other Thoughts: Earlier I mentioned a clubhouse, calling it a clubhouse is generous however, considering it's disheveled and slovenly appearance. If you happen to be within a half hour of the course I'd recommend stopping in and checking it out. They do have a drink machine outside of the "clubhouse" for thirsty patrons.

Vacationland DG

1    6/26/2010   10/30/2010
Review By: New Hampster DG
Pros: Technical, wooded, Owner took us for a tractor ride to go swimming and offered a camping spot for the night, which is unheard of in Maine at this time of year! Really fun course.
Cons: Lots of litter, holes need new markings and maps. Not to hard to navigate though.
Other Thoughts: This place was a blast overall, maybe some volunteer help for Richard. He maintains it all on his own. Said he wanted to put more holes in, but didn't have time with the current up-keep. Thanks Richard!

Basket Case Links

5+    7/4/2010   7/26/2010
Review By: gaumont555475
Pros: Some very techincal holes, but also 3 or 4 possible ace holes. Hardly ever crowded. Staff is awesome
Cons: Thick brush on sides of fairway. your disc takes a wrong turn plan on lookin for a while!
Other Thoughts: Richard (the owner) is great. For the last 2 years on the 4th of july weekend hes let me and atleast 50 other NESVFL (new england states veteran firefighters league) members camp right at the course. providing room for 2-3 band to play music at night. Thank you Basket Case Links and the Quansigamog handtub assoc.

Basket Case Links

1    8/12/2009   8/14/2009
Review By: benlh15
Pros: Definitely a tactical course. Not a lot of long holes, but a lot of changes in elevations through a typical Maine forest. Lots of trees and rocks to get in the way and make the course more difficult.
Cons: Some fairways are a little swampy and the course itself is pretty short. Some holes could use new markings, as the course gets confusing, but there were people there to show me the way.
Other Thoughts: The owner, Richard, is a nice guy who was very helpful and encouraging. He also has a small, but nice little pro shop with some new discs and lots of rentals available for only a dollar.

Basket Case Links: The Good

2-4    5/3/2009   5/4/2009
Review By: Huff
Pros: This course is primarily a technical course playing through mostly wooded holes. Good use of the land created some mixed elevation shots. The shule is fairly light off from the fairways and I imagine it would be hard to lose a disk here. The staff was friendly (even offered us free use of their bug spray before we went out) and the course offers a pro shop and port-A-potties. Fairways look well maintained and are mostly chipped wood. Most holes offered trash receptacles and picnic tables were scattered throughout the course.
Cons: This course was fairly wet (I played in the spring, this may or may not be a factor at other times of the year) and buggy. Be prepared for both:) While the course wasn't crowded while we were there, the close proximity of some of the fairways could easily be a problem on a busy day as errant shots can easily end up on another hole. The course has signage for each tee and often pointing you to the next tee after a hole as well, however the paint has worn off on a lot of the signs, and some are completely illegible or gone completely. Once I found myself mistakenly shooting my way towards the wrong basket, and finding the next hole wasn't completely obvious on a couple of occasions. Some of the concrete tee pads were a little small
Other Thoughts: For those familiar with the local courses, this one reminds me of Beaver Brook, only a little longer. I drove approximately an hour and 15 minutes to play this course, and would advise others to consider the distance you are traveling as a factor when deciding to try this course or not. I had fun and would certainly play this course again if I were in the area. Updated signage would improve the user experience on this course.