Edgecomb, ME
Basket Case Links: The Bad Share
-- / --   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

The Good

1    7/10/2014   7/13/2014
Review By: SSCrash
This review was updated on 7/14/2014
Pros: I was excited to see the large Basket Case sign on Boothbay Rd on our way to Boothbay Harbour. Close to Boothbay. We pulled into the driveway to the left of the signage which was an error. Follow the road to the right of the sign. The course is a little ways back from Boothbay Rd. Worth the trip to play this fun and sometimes frustrating course.
Easy to follow
Challenging lanes
Some elevation
Good signage
Plenty of garbage cans - not littered
$5 round $8 all day
Owner helpful - thanks for the Koozie loaner
Cons: A little wet in areas
Bring bug spray
Other Thoughts: Enter on road to the right of the sign on Boothbay Rd
Rentals available
Baskets marked with lobster trap buoys

Short and technical

2-4    8/7/2011   11/7/2011
Review By: Discobedience
Pros: There are some fun shots at this course. It's mostly short with a few very technical holes. 18 is a great shot over a gully back up towards the clubhouse, a stand out hole from what I remember. I play a lot of courses and this course has quite a few holes that I look forward to getting back and playing each year.
Cons: A couple holes leave you scratching your head. I'm not much of a fan of looking at a fairway and not being able to locate a line to the basket. The removal of a few trees could really improve the playability of the course. Bring correct change if you come because there may not always be someone around to help you out.
Other Thoughts: Earlier I mentioned a clubhouse, calling it a clubhouse is generous however, considering it's disheveled and slovenly appearance. If you happen to be within a half hour of the course I'd recommend stopping in and checking it out.