Stewartville, MN
Bear Cave Park Share
Uploaded By: TJPUTZIER Hole #9 (Taken 9/2012)
3 / 280ft.   3 / --   3 / 280ft.   3 / -- Par / Distance:

Lots of open holes

1    8/18/2013   8/18/2013
Review By: deadbody
Pros: Huge nice tees, nice baskets. Great wooded holes, tight and hard, but not super punishing, and very fair. You throw a good shot and you will be rewarded. Super good mowing job, nicely mowed fairways that point to the baskets, and the path to the next hole.
Cons: Lots of wide open holes, about 6 of the holes have no real challenge to speak of (the are just open field throws). The signs are trashed and not correct.
Other Thoughts: Really between a 3 and a 3.5 but the wooded holes are good enough to push it over the top. If there were more of those and less totally forgettable open holes I'd score it a ton higher.

Good course not far from Rochester

1    8/6/2011   9/18/2011
Review By: sheepweevil
Pros: This is a good 18 hole course just a short drive from Rochester. I'm jealous that the much smaller Stewartville gets a better course than all of the ones in Rochester!

I brought my family and girlfriend here for my Birthday, and we all had fun. The park is multi-use, but the course is on its own so that should never be a problem. The fairways are all nicely mowed, but there is some long grass in the rough. There are a good number of trash cans and benches. We found a scorecard in the kiosk at the start of the course.

The course has small elevation changes, and a good mix of open/wooded holes. The wooded holes are fun - there's one which goes straight about 150-200' then turns sharply left. I overdrove into a tree and threw the next shot from up in the tree :)

Hole design is good, forcing you to use many different shots.
Cons: We got lost once in the woods for a couple of minutes - navigation can be a little difficult for a first-timer.

Some of the signage is missing, incorrect, or faded. Some of the holes outside of the woods are quite similar.
Other Thoughts: We played from the long tees so I can't give an opinion on the shorts.

Definitely worth the drive at least once if you are in Rochester or surrounding area. I plan on coming back whenever I'm in Rochester.

Good course

5+    3/27/2011   7/2/2011
Review By: professorapoc
Pros: Good distance course, dual tees, with moderate trees and brush. Solid mix of long and short holes. Maintained well.
Cons: No elevation challenge to the course. Sometime a little crowded so pick your time to visit well. Easily affected by wind.
Other Thoughts: Pretty popular place. Best course in surrounding area though. Good course for beginners and pro's alike.