Course Extinct
Uploaded By: Matthew boals Hole #9

Short,Wooded,Technical Course.

1    8/1/2010   8/2/2010
Review By: Matthew boals
Pros: •Free to Play! •Rent-a-Disc at "Check-In". Short, Technical,Wooded Course •All holes play on a gentle Slope toward the small creek you cross getting to the course •Fair Amount of different Throws; Hyzer,Anyzer,Straight. •Few holes with multiple flight paths.
Cons: No Open or Water holes. This could be a "Con" or a "Pro" depending on what type of course you want to play. #1 Discatcher had a tree fall on it,still catches well. No inner set of chains,but being a short tech course I didn't have any problems. The tees are nothing more that dirt and if it had rained at all I could see a rather dangerous situation. They are marked with tree roots or pieces of wood. The tee signs do not show trees.
Other Thoughts: Location,location,location. If this course was closer to the Interstate or has another 9,more open holes I'm sure it would get played more. took me about an hour to get to Bearcreek from McCulloch park in Muncie. Taking hwy 18 west, takes about 45 minutes to get to I69. I gave a rating of 1.5 because Mark,a local DG'er I played with at McCulloch, informed me that someone had been cutting the grass,trying to better the course. He forgot to bring out the weed-eater. Weeds around the tees are 3 ft. tall. Some growing up into the baskets!?

Watch out for bears...j/k

1    4/16/2009   4/16/2009
Review By: zud00
Pros: The design for this course was decent. The baskets were nice and hole variety was alright. The ammenities at the resort are great for those who want to stay in the area.
Cons: I played after 2 days worth of rain and it was a muddy mess. The course is only 9 holes, however, they have set up paper signs for tees 10-18 for the 9 baskets.
Other Thoughts: Bearcreek Farms is not known for its disc golf. It is known for the many other things offered such as theatrical plays, their restaurant, lodging, and shops. Keep this in mind as you play the course.

The course was in the rear of the resort behind the camping sites. As mentioned before, there really is no good place to park. Hole one is on the right side of the barn as you are approaching it.

I played the course early spring before grass had grown so I don't know how well they take care of the course as the other reviewer mentioned that it was not taken care of at all. It seemed to be in decent shape though. Trash cans were at a few tees. Most tee areas were defined by 2x4s in the ground and all tee signs were present.

There was a variety of holes: dogleg lefts, dogleg rights, straight, open, tight. Most holes however were short. I did not even use any of my drivers to play the course. I believe the course is directed to campers, not people going out to play lots of disc golf.

All in all, I enjoyed this course. I enjoyed the design/variety of holes. There were many ace opportunities. I would only recomend this course if you are in the area, I would not recommend you go out of your way to play this course.

6/28/2008   7/2/2008
Review By: CNeuey
Pros: The only thing remotley possitive about the course is that it does have chain baskets.
Cons: The course is unplayable. It is very disappointing to see a course in such awful shape in the middle of the summer. The grass was so high you could barely walk through it. You could barely see the chains sticking up over the tall grass. My question is why even design a course and then not take care of it at all? There was also nowhere to park my car near the course.
Other Thoughts: It's such a shame to see a course like this especially since it's the only course in the area. Don't ever go out of your way to check this course out.