Becker, MN
Becker City Park Share
Uploaded By: Bubbajoe Hole #13 (Taken 7/2011)

Average

1    4/27/2013   4/27/2013
Review By: Murderous Monkey
Pros: -Short and long tees
-Nice baskets
-Some elevation changes
-Blend of both open "field" holes and wooded holes.
Cons: -Poorly marked, missed a hole because we didn't know where to go.
-Too many other trails as someone else mentioned that I could see (and we did) going down the wrong trail.
-Some lower areas where water puddles, can see this being a bug-magnet.
-Tees are not uniform, some of the concrete ones are short, others longer.
-As another reviewer said, the plastic yardage markers are smashed, and I'm not too sure they are accurate.
Other Thoughts: Pretty decent course, I'll hopefully play it again before I leave, but it was an average course.

Just Slingin In The Rain!

1    7/21/2011   8/26/2011
Pros: This is another course I attempted to play under the worse of conditions-Monsoon Rain Storm. My less than overwhelming experience here had to be adversely affected by the conditions.
The course features a variety of holes regarding both length and lefty-righty. Some players comment on the extreme technicalness of this course with all it's trees while others love the 2-3 wide open holes which really give you a chance to air it out, like # 5, 850' across the open field.
There are two natural tees per hole. I don't think they are the best. Concrete, rubber mats or patio blocks would be a huge improvement.
Becker has the DGA white plastic signs. They're always broken. To me, they're an open invitation to the vandals and punks who stalk our courses at night, saying "Break me." Might as well be glass,
Some of the newer pads were longer and have simple wooden signs (much more vandal resistent).
Cons: I had a really difficult time navigating this course by myself. Of course, the locals were smart enough to all be safely under cover somewhere in this rain. But I found myself constantly wondering back and forth in this labyrinth of horse trails, cross country ski trials, disc golf tails, old Indian trails and the Oregon trail. I must confess, it might have been better on a sunny day with some other players to follow.
I didn't like # 7, 431' down a ski trail. It's not a hole that anyone could air it out on. It's just a hole that one could get into big trouble on once you get off the fairway.
Other Thoughts: Apparently, most everyone else is a little more enchanted with this course than I am. Even taking in account the miserable conditions I encountered here, I can't bring myself to give this course a rating which equals Very Good. I hope I have a chance one day to return and play it under brighter skies, perhaps with a knowledgeable local to guide me through the maze the trials.