• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2012 Worlds Juniors FB Group

12StonesScott

Eagle Member
I've created a Facebook group for the juniors competing in Worlds this year in Charlotte and their parents, as a way for everyone to get acquainted, share information, arrange events and ride shares, etc. Four-time juniors world champ Nick Duran and his dad are on board and we're doing what we can to get the word out to everyone, but if you know of someone who's playing feel free to pass along the info:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/132385720229714/
2012 PDGA Am Worlds Juniors is the group name.

It's a closed group, meaning you have to be invited or be approved to join. Just trying to keep the spam and inappropriate material to a minimum -- anyone with a legitimate reason to join is welcome.

I've already posted links to the Flickr sets of my photos from the 2010 Am Worlds in Ohio to sort of get things kicked off.

Look forward to seeing you there!

Thanks Stones, while my daughters will be playing FJ3 and FJ4's mostly locally this year, we would love to join the group. Information on Junior divisions is very scarce here in California, and being girls, there is even less going on. Unless you know of another site for information on Junior Disc Golf, we would welcome the chance to see what goes on with getting our kids to Worlds.

wow what a bagger :p

Well, I think at most three of those were in any one division :D . He won MJ3 last year, and the others were in MJ4 in 2007-2009. He's going for number 5 in MJ2 this year.

And like most top juniors, he mostly plays adult divisions everywhere except Worlds -- in 24 2010, 2011, and 2012 sanctioned events, he's played juniors at Worlds (6 events including doubles each time), and played Int twice in 2010. The other 16 events he's played Advanced (his rating's been above 900 since mid-2010). That's at age 11, 12, and 13.

Well, I think at most three of those were in any one division :D . He won MJ3 last year, and the others were in MJ4 in 2007-2009. He's going for number 5 in MJ2 this year.

And like most top juniors, he mostly plays adult divisions everywhere except Worlds -- in 24 2010, 2011, and 2012 sanctioned events, he's played juniors at Worlds (6 events including doubles each time), and played Int twice in 2010. The other 16 events he's played Advanced (his rating's been above 900 since mid-2010). That's at age 11, 12, and 13.

And he is as polite and grounded a kid as anyone could ask for. What a nice family.

And he is as polite and grounded a kid as anyone could ask for. What a nice family.

Indeed. What really impressed me was how he has always been upbeat and encouraging of other players, even those far below his level, without ever being condescending. That's such a fine balance even for an adult -- not to be either contemptuous or patronizing -- and yet he seems to manage it effortlessly.

i kid, i kid! glad no one really took me seriously :D

Indeed. What really impressed me was how he has always been upbeat and encouraging of other players, even those far below his level, without ever being condescending. That's such a fine balance even for an adult -- not to be either contemptuous or patronizing -- and yet he seems to manage it effortlessly.

indeed, that's a fine balance for anyone. to see such behavior from a kid of that age is wonderful. i wish i had the opportunity to play disc golf at that age.

Latest posts