• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 bag v.9

notroman

* Ace Member *
Continuing my archive of bag setup year to year.

Previous years' bags: 2018 bag v.7, 2017 bag v.6, 2016 bag v.5, 2015 bag v.4, 2013

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 19 years (of which 11 have been more serious)
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, some RHFH
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Wizard: 280/310'; Roc: 320/340'; Destroyer: 400/420'

* Max distance is the greatest distance you can throw your top 2-3 drivers with any regularity

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: N/A
Other sport proficiencies?: N/A
Additional Information: Back on the Roc train. The new DX run is too good to not throw. Things are getting super streaky now without practice. Some days everything is clicking and Destroyers are flying 450 other days I struggle to hit 400. Kinda want to hit the field again and get some consistency back.
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: Pretty happy with it at the moment.
Specific areas of desired feedback: N/A
Immediate and long-term goals: To have fun.

Bag:

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):
175g Star Destroyer - Fresh pop top PMB run, very OS. Spike hyzer and windy day shots only.
171g Star Destroyer - Fresh pop top AJ run. Not as OS as the PMB Destroyer so this is the one I use for general stable distance lines. This disc will not flip up from a hyzer yet.
171g Star Destroyer - Fairly worn in pop top AJ. This one flips up flat and rides before fading out. Doesn't get thrown much on the courses I play, but I will toss it when I don't quite trust my flippier Destroyers due to wind or OB danger.
171g Star Destroyer - Seasoned pop top AJ with decent high speed turn and some fade. Go to distance driver in most conditions.
175g Echo Star Destroyer - Beat. Turnovers, rollers, tailwind.

Fairways:
175g Chamion Firebird - FAF run, very OS. Mostly used for spike hyzers, skip shots, utility driver to get out of trouble.
175g Star Eagle-X - Fairly fresh. Stable fairway driver slot.
175g Star Eagle-X - Seasoned shot shaper. This one gets thrown the most.
175g Star Roadrunner - Situational disc.. Rollers, late turnovers, sky anhyzers, etc.

Mids:
176g Evo Platinum Gateway Warrior - Fairly new. Windy day midrange, also gets used for forehand shots.
176g DX Roc - Go to stable midrange.
180g ESP Comet (3rd run LE) - Fresh, still stable. Only gets thrown in the woods. This carries straight with less power than the Roc, so I will toss it when I don't want to throw hard but still want a straight flight.
180g ESP Comet (2018 MJ Tour disc) - not as stable as the 3rd run LE. Gets used for straight to slight turning shots.
180g ESP Comet (3rd run LE) - Seasoned go to turnover mid. Easy stand up hyzer shots, long carry turnovers, etc.

Putters:
175g PW Wizards (x2) - main putters. These get switched out about twice a year because I like fresh Wizards for putting.
173g ESP Zone - Windy day driving putter, utility shots, approaches.
175g Evo Platinum Wizard - Stable driving/approach putter. Straight with fade.
175g PW Wizard - Seasoned. Go-to stable driving putter. Very straight, little to no fade.
175g SB Wizard - Seasoned and quite flippy. Used for turnover drives and flip up approaches.

Discs that come in/out of bag depending on course
175g Star Leopard3 - Only gets used if there's a hole that requires a Roc flight but needs more distance. Not too many around my area, so it's usually on the shelf.

Last edited:
Wizards, comets, eagles and destroyers. I love your bag.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Latest posts